Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Best to ask here I suppose.

Getting back into my DS as of late. Is there any super hidden gems I should be looking out for? Love platformers and the usual interesting puzzle games, not mad into rpg's but I like to give them a go if they are not total time sinks. MetalJesus and the likes have some great guides, but I'm think of games even he wouldn't think of.

Games I picked up over the past couple weeks are:

Chrono Trigger
    Combat of Giants, Dragons
    Orcs & Elves
    Children of Mana
    Might & magic (loved this year's ago when I had it on DS, sold it, and took me this long to find it again at a decent price)
    Bomberman story
    DQ joker 1 & 2
    Golden sun
    Henry hatsworth
    Sonic rush
    Kirby mass attack

No bad to restart me gems collection I think

So anything I should really keep an eye out that you loved that maybe no one knows about?

999 was great. Also check out GTA Chinatown Wars, Hotel Dusk, Okamiden....

So many!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My DS collection is mental.
    Here's some highlights
    Infinite Space
    Space Invaders Extreme 1 and 2
    Aliens
    The Castlevania series
    Puzzle Bobble Galaxy (works with my Taito paddle, plugs into GBA port on my older DS machines)
    Trackmania Turbo
    Soul Bubbles
    Nervous Brickdown
    Metroid Prime Pinball
    Legend of Starfy
    And a ton and a half more that I can't remember right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I cleared out a whole bunch of my DS/3DS stuff recently. Mainly cos the amount of stuff I had I was never going to play was shocking even me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I seem to be able to happily trade and sell most of the constituent parts of my collection but my Nintendo stuff is fairly immune, aside from the N64 games which I shifted.
    My DS/3DS games will simply grow more numerous, and I will love them all forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kwazar

Retro Game Challenge is cool DS game too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

kwazar wrote: »

I would pick it up but it's a bit expensive, I remember when I was looking for it a few years back and it was kind pricey then too.

Thanks for some names of good games guys!
    Gonna pick up (well, I have already via Amazon's :)

Tao's Adventure: Curse of the Demon Seal
    Radiant historia
    Trackmania
    Ghost Trick
    Etrian Odyssey (the first one, see if I like it)
    Lunar Knights

So now I play the waiting game :)

Yeah, I have that one too, a crazy compilation of new Retro games with missions and goals to achieve, brilliant.

Alice in Wonderland
    Line Rider
    And don't forget
    Etrian Odyssey and its sequels on DS and 3DS, incredible games.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Fire Emblem Fates SE back on nintendo store, get it while it lasts

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/fire-emblem-fates-limited-edition/11264774.html

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

All this talk of DS has started a dangerously expensive fire burning in my brain...

I've only had my 3DS for a few months and love it, but i've only been playing 3DS games. Hadn't even given a thought to a bunch of classics i could be playing. Chrono Trigger was released on the DS!? The more i learn the more my wallet will hate me.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

All this talk of DS has started a dangerously expensive fire burning in my brain...

I've only had my 3DS for a few months and love it, but i've only been playing 3DS games. Hadn't even given a thought to a bunch of classics i could be playing. Chrono Trigger was released on the DS!? The more i learn the more my wallet will hate me.

it can be bought new here if you're ok with NTSC versions, got mine a few weeks back when shipping was free

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/chrono-trigger-free-shipping-p-14516.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kwazar

bkrangle wrote: »
    Fire Emblem Fates SE back on nintendo store, get it while it lasts

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/fire-emblem-fates-limited-edition/11264774.html
    out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

out of stock

Went in less than 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I got rid of my 3DS XL for a regular 3DS today. It'll take a while to get used to the smaller screens but I much prefer the feel of it in my hands. Hope I don't regret it :(

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I got rid of my 3DS XL for a regular 3DS today. It'll take a while to get used to the smaller screens but I much prefer the feel of it in my hands. Hope I don't regret it :(

Are we talking XL to New 3DS, yes?
    Shouldn't be a problem, it's a beautiful machine, plus there's all the faceplates you can now become obsessed with!
    Mines Luigi!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Are we talking XL to New 3DS, yes?
    Shouldn't be a problem, it's a beautiful machine, plus there's all the faceplates you can now become obsessed with!
    Mines Luigi!

New XL to New smaller 3DS. I'm used to it already and love it. Much more comfortable, for me personally. Can't decide on which faceplates to get!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

New XL to New smaller 3DS. I'm used to it already and love it. Much more comfortable, for me personally. Can't decide on which faceplates to get!:)

Shadowhearth on the previous page was looking to do the opposite!

I wouldn't mind going down a size from XL N3DS to normal sized neither. Just a wee bit smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You see, I LOVE 3ds Small factor. Its really cool small device. Screen wise and how it feels like an expensive kit of hardware with its quality build is amazing. My issue is that its just makes my hand soar very fast. I cant get comfortable for long gaming sessions. 3ds xl has a lot more meat to hold on to making it more ergonomic.

I prefer 3ds smaller screens actually. Its dpi is bigger and stuff looks better. Its just my damn hands. :(

Looks like it I will have to hold on to my 3ds for a while. I just payed 1000eu in one go to broker for my car insurance. Unless I could swap with someone with money their way, but god.... I dont want to go to adverts.ie again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Anyone play advance wars dual strike?

That along with pokemon games are the only reason I own a DS.

Im thinking of getting ocarina of time though to see what all the fuss is about ;)

Yeah, it's pretty good.
    I do have the most love for the GBA game though, that was just perfect, still have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

bkrangle wrote: »
    it can be bought new here if you're ok with NTSC versions, got mine a few weeks back when shipping was free

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/chrono-trigger-free-shipping-p-14516.html

Thanks for that link. Some good prices on there for some good games, a lot of crap too though.

Postage is free when you spend over $40 Canadian dollars.

Got SMT Strange Journey, Chibi Robo Park Patrol, Mega Man X collection and 999.

I need to cut up my credit card!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Thanks for that link. Some good prices on there for some good games, a lot of crap too though.

Postage is free when you spend over $40 Canadian dollars.

Got SMT Strange Journey, Chibi Robo Park Patrol, Mega Man X collection and 999.

I need to cut up my credit card!

I have been using VGP for years, they always say the package is a cheap toy so you do not get hit with customs and there free delivery usually arrives in around 8-12 days, there express service is handy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The L trigger on my New 3DS XL has kind of stopped working.
    It's kind of like it's stuck at the point of being pressed. There is no spring back on the button it back to it normal r4esting place like the other trigger. It can be pressed but there isn't any real tactile feel to it being pressed. Any idea on how to fix it?

Only owned it less than a year.

If you got a receipt or proof of purchase, you might be able to get it swapped/repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Anyone know where one might pick up MH4 for a decent price?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The L trigger on my New 3DS XL has kind of stopped working.
    It's kind of like it's stuck at the point of being pressed. There is no spring back on the button it back to it normal r4esting place like the other trigger. It can be pressed but there isn't any real tactile feel to it being pressed. Any idea on how to fix it?

Only owned it less than a year.

As mentioned above, warranty would be better.
    If not an option, there are a ton of videos on youtube and instructables etc.. on Google.
    I had to fix my Nephews old 3DS shoulder button a few months ago and it was easy enough.
    I tried to fix my old DS Lite hinges a few years ago and just left it as it was way too much hassle. This was nothing in comparison.

marko93 wrote: »
    Anyone know where one might pick up MH4 for a decent price?

Littlewood had it for 20 quid not too long ago.

Bought Link Between Worlds the last day on the eShop and absolutely blown away by it. For me, it's close to what the ideal for 3DS games should be. Their use of perspective and music is incredible. Maybe an hour in, so no spoilers! It's definitely making me play my DS more regularly outside of travelling somewhere!

Can't decide if I wanna keep my fire emblem SE pre order now. Mainly cos I doubt I'd play it or even enjoy that much, and 90 odd quid is quite expensive for something to sit on a shelf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I dug out all boxes of my ds/3ds games today. I had all games in cheap case for 3ds. I play only one game at the time and never need others. So instead of them being in crapy case, decided put them back in boxes and put on my lego technic flatbed truck. :)

My collection is not impressive one bit, but it's very untraditional Nintendo collection hehe. Zelda games are out of place hehe.

DSC_1186_zpsrb5qgvjr.jpg

DSC_1187_zps7wr9badl.jpg

Advertisement