Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wow, I end up buying that many games every couple of weeks, and have a morbidly low completion rate.
    Completion of the first level or two that is... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wow, I end up buying that many games every couple of weeks, and have a morbidly low completion rate.
    Completion of the first level or two that is... :(

I know the feeling. I said I was gonna try and cut down and ****, but I'm buying 3 games next week cos I have zero will power :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I dont hoard buy games anymore and I am sooo happy about it.

I know I dont have time for games as I used to, so only buy one game now and then. I was getting sick of buying games for 60eu, then only playing it for an hour. When I finally had time to come back to it, I could have picked it up for 20eu...

I still got: X Com 2,Rainbow Six,Dark Souls 3 on my priority list to get, but I know I would have **** all time to play it properly. Even now I can pick up Xcom 2 and rainbow six for 25 quid each. No way I am buying Dark Souls 3 for 70 odd quid to sit on my shelf.

Best thing about not buying launch games is, that you have a massive backlog in shops from last year for less then half price. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Certain games draw you in, and you complete them in spite of yourself, Bloodborne, Arkham Knight and Kirby's Triple Deluxe are a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Yee could be doing a lot worse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I've just powered through Persona 3 and now Pokemon X. I'm all battled out, but I think it's finally time to try Fire Emblem Awakening.

Think I might take this one slowly!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I need to get back to Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

On a sidenote, I watched the first episode of the Ace Attorney anime. The art and implementation is pretty loyal to the source material.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Can't decide if I wanna keep my fire emblem SE pre order now. Mainly cos I doubt I'd play it or even enjoy that much, and 90 odd quid is quite expensive for something to sit on a shelf.

I've been torn over this too. Finally made the decision today to move my Fire Emblem deposit over to Star Fox SE instead. I think I'll ultimately enjoy that more. I never finished Fire Emblem Awakening and I probably never will at this stage. I think the new games (x3) would suffer the same fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I picked up Bravely Second today so I'm hyped to sink 50 hours into that if it's anything like the first.

Mr E wrote: »
    I've been torn over this too. Finally made the decision today to move my Fire Emblem deposit over to Star Fox SE instead. I think I'll ultimately enjoy that more. I never finished Fire Emblem Awakening and I probably never will at this stage. I think the new games (x3) would suffer the same fate.

Decided to give it up, gonna let someone on neogaf have it. Save 90 quid, make someone else happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Decided to give it up, gonna let someone on neogaf have it. Save 90 quid, make someone else happy.

One last copy on Amazon France - https://www.amazon.fr/Fire-Emblem-Fates-%C3%A9dition-Limit%C3%A9e/dp/B01AK3VGS6/

Allyall wrote: »

I don't speak French but it looks like it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Have a chance to get a yellow pikachu 2ds for an ok price but seeing as every 2ds I've bought so far has broke I don't know if I should. I am still using my Animal Crossing XL and my MH4 New XL fine.

Damn 2ds are too flimsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I don't speak French but it looks like it's gone.

Yep, that was quick. Someone must've been watching it. I cancelled mine and posted here at the same time.

I got a copy of star fox forst print too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Good decision cancelling the orders. It's crazy buying something that's going to just sit on the shelf!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That fire emblem collection thing is awesome if you could get it for original normal price. Even at 90 I don't know if I would.
    I'll get easier version first and see how I get on. I am not great at fore emblem, So harder version might not even be touched and be wasted on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That Neogaf leak said it was for spring as well. Wonder if they'll replace it with anything, or just let us drift to E3.

Oh no's the disappontments all too much so it is! (said no one, ever, about Fed Force)

... I can't stop humming the Zelda theme tune.

• Advertisement

Tri Force Heroes worth under £20 to play single player? Have had it in my amazon basket and it's been gradually going down from £28 and is now £18.26 with the latest decrease. Wondering whether to bite now or wait and see if it keeps going down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Tri Force Heroes worth under £20 to play single player? Have had it in my amazon basket and it's been gradually going down from £28 and is now £18.26 with the latest decrease. Wondering whether to bite now or wait and see if it keeps going down

It is QUITE tedious playing alone. I would not bother unless you have friends to play with or you are lucky enough to be matched with people who know what they are doing.

So yesterday was apparently the last day to claim free copy of Flipnote 3d. I forgot to claim it but when tried today it was still available

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS-download-software/Flipnote-Studio-3D-763095.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Cheers, I just got it there as well.

Yo-Kai watch is fun. Glad I didn't cancel my order now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Have restarted Fire Emblem Awakenings again in hope of getting the right combo for the kids. Should take a few weeks to tweak it to my liking. Not sure if I'm going for the two new games seperately or if I will go for the 3 in 1 collectors addition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Yo-Kai watch is fun. Glad I didn't cancel my order now.

Is it stilll good now that you are further in the game? im looking for a new game to pick up and quite liked the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Is the song in the Demo? Me and the kids have been wandering around for days chanting "yo kai yo kai yo kai Watch-chi-chi!" and I'm worried that if I play the demo I'll be going with the flow and shaking it to and fro for weeks to come.

What time is it? Dad-dancing time!

I know I could just fire the demo up myself and check, but you only get 15 goes of it, and I know my sprogs will become murderous gremlinesque beasts if I use one up when they're not there.

Anyone else try Pocket Jockey Solitaire? (I think that's the name) -Kind of a cool idea and a lot of fun to play, but you get a good chunk of races in the demo and I found my interest flagging before I got to the end - the races get longer but the gameplay itself doesn't really change. Is there more depth to it in the full release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Banjo wrote: »
    Is the song in the Demo? Me and the kids have been wandering around for days chanting "yo kai yo kai yo kai Watch-chi-chi!" and I'm worried that if I play the demo I'll be going with the flow and shaking it to and fro for weeks to come.

What time is it? Dad-dancing time!

I know I could just fire the demo up myself and check, but you only get 15 goes of it, and I know my sprogs will become murderous gremlinesque beasts if I use one up when they're not there.

Anyone else try Pocket Jockey Solitaire? (I think that's the name) -Kind of a cool idea and a lot of fun to play, but you get a good chunk of races in the demo and I found my interest flagging before I got to the end - the races get longer but the gameplay itself doesn't really change. Is there more depth to it in the full release?

:D no the song isnt in the demo, i took the plunge anyway its on littlewoods for 39 euro free delivery. Gwan treat the sprogs :)

• Advertisement

Is it stilll good now that you are further in the game? im looking for a new game to pick up and quite liked the demo.

It is indeed. I've played 6 hours, its all good.

Advertisement