Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Isn't that just a reminder of the Direct they had a few months ago?

Corholio wrote: »
    Isn't that just a reminder of the Direct they had a few months ago?

No there's another direct like next week. Since they hadn't announced the titles before that direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

No there's another direct like next week. Since they hadn't announced the titles before that direct.

Maybe I'm blind but I can't find anything about another Direct. Weren't the titles announced back in February?

• Advertisement

They were announced in Febuary. This is a direct about more Pokemon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Pokemon.
    When%20I%20see%20my%20ex%20at%20a%20party...

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭scrapsmac

I've spontaneously bought an original 3ds off ebay.

I'm definitely buying luigis mansion 2 (loved the original). Any other slightly off the wall games for the 3ds that can be bought relatively cheaply? I have my mario fix on Wii U and I'm not a fan of Pokemon or Fire Emblem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

scrapsmac wrote: »
    I've spontaneously bought an original 3ds off ebay.

I'm definitely buying luigis mansion 2 (loved the original). Any other slightly off the wall games for the 3ds that can be bought relatively cheaply? I have my mario fix on Wii U and I'm not a fan of Pokemon or Fire Emblem!

Monster hunter!!!!

*runs away gigging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ghost Recon can be bought for buttons. A really enjoyable tactical RPG.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I love the design of the original 3DS.
    I have owned the turquoise one, a launch machine, and later a black one and love the layered effect of the differently shaded materials in the casing.
    Unfortunately the shiny interior bezel around the screen makes for tough playing if there's sun or a light on behind your noggin.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭scrapsmac

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I love the design of the original 3DS.
    I have owned the turquoise one, a launch machine, and later a black one and love the layered effect of the differently shaded materials in the casing.
    Unfortunately the shiny interior bezel around the screen makes for tough playing if there's sun or a light on behind your noggin.

I've bought a black one. I got it for about £40 on ebay. I was debating on whether or not to get it or the new model for c. £100 but I'm very much a casual gamer these days and really I just wanted to play some of the catalog so far.

I am a bit taken aback by the prices of games however - I expected luigis mansion (a 2014 release right?) to be sub £10 but it's going on ebay for about £20.

Are 3DS games holding their value?

I should say I am quoting in £Sterling. Living up North!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Keep your eyes on CEX and Adverts, you'll find bargains and so be patient.
    As a person who buys too many games, in the main good things come to those who wait, so with recent enough releases you would be best to set a budget and only buy when one pops up in that range, but be realistic as well.
    Nintendo games hold their value relatively well, and Luigi's Mansion 2 on the 3DS for €20 is a pretty good deal,
    Here's one on Adverts for €18 link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

scrapsmac wrote: »
    I've bought a black one. I got it for about £40 on ebay. I was debating on whether or not to get it or the new model for c. £100 but I'm very much a casual gamer these days and really I just wanted to play some of the catalog so far.

I am a bit taken aback by the prices of games however - I expected luigis mansion (a 2014 release right?) to be sub £10 but it's going on ebay for about £20.

Are 3DS games holding their value?

I should say I am quoting in £Sterling. Living up North!

That's the thing about Nintendo and specially 3ds games. The bastards hold their value and go up.
    I stupidly traded in fire emblem awakening few years ago. I can't get it cheaper then 40eu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That's the thing about Nintendo and specially 3ds games. The bastards hold their value and go up.
    I stupidly traded in fire emblem awakening few years ago. I can't get it cheaper then 40eu.

You never ever get rid of fire emblem games. I stupidly did it with the GameCube installment and now it's gone stupidly high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Does anyone know if this is possible to get from Ireland? I can't make it to any GAME store any time soon.

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-gb/mythical.html#may
    Darkrai Is the Pokémon of Your Dreams!
    1–24 May |AVAILABLE AT GAME

First appearing in Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl, the Mythical Darkrai has cast a long shadow over the Pokémon world. The powerful Pitch-Black Pokémon returns for Pokémon 20th, celebration this time via a special distribution event at participating GAME stores! With awesome moves and the Bad Dreams Ability, Darkrai is certain to give your opponents nightmares.

The Mythical Pokémon Darkrai will be available at participating GAME stores starting May 1, 2016. Visit GAME to pick up a code that will unlock Darkrai in your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game. Be sure to redeem your code in your game by August 31, 2016!

Get instructions on how to add Darkrai to your game.

I doubt it, unless symths gets in on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sometimes if you tweet a store they'll send you a code. Has never worked for me, mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Going to see if I can get anyone in the UK to call in and grab me a couple of codes. Hopefully.

Nintendo UK + Ireland should probably change their name to Nintendo UK.

Looks like Nintendo Uk store have cancelled some preorders for FE Fates SE. Only matter of time before Game follow suit, I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Just got confirmation that my GAME order of Fire Emblem:Fates Special Edition is packing

I've no idea when I'll get the time to play through the three campaigns!

bkrangle wrote: »
    Just got confirmation that my GAME order of Fire Emblem:Fates Special Edition is packing

I've no idea when I'll get the time to play through the three campaigns!

I'm ringing in dead to work as soon as I get the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That's ridiculous.
    You should be creating a feminine alter-ego, whom you marry in a private but well documented and legally binding ceremony, then fake your death at work so you can claim any death-in-service benefits and bequeath them to your spouse. I mean, the DLC ain't gonna pay for itself!

Banjo wrote: »
    That's ridiculous.
    You should be creating a feminine alter-ego, whom you marry in a private but well documented and legally binding ceremony, then fake your death at work so you can claim any death-in-service benefits and bequeath them to your spouse. I mean, the DLC ain't gonna pay for itself!

Don't have time for all thos steps, too busy playing previous fire emblems in the run up.
    I'm planning on selling my body to pay for any upcoming dlcs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Selects - More Nintendo 3DS games!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDfG1jwwAI4

5 new 3DS games will be added to the Nintendo Selects range in June. The new RRP is €19,99(do you hear that Gamestop?). The games are The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, LEGO CITY Undercover: The Chase Begins, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros., Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo Selects - More Nintendo 3DS games!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDfG1jwwAI4

5 new 3DS games will be added to the Nintendo Selects range in June. The new RRP is €19,99(do you hear that Gamestop?). The games are The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, LEGO CITY Undercover: The Chase Begins, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros., Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique.

A few weeks after I folded and bought Ocarina. :mad:

Oh they must be reprinting sticker star then. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Fire Emblem:Fates spec ed on sale at Game right now

it won't last long

http://www.game.co.uk/en/fire-emblem-fates-special-edition-only-at-game-1122989?categoryIdentifier=1105146

I haven't had any street passes in ages. Used to be loads of them around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I haven't had any street passes in ages. Used to be loads of them around.

I've noticed the same thing Miles!

I work in Dublin city centre and between walking to the office in the morning and back across to the luas in the evening i was usually picking up one or two...on a really good day i'd get 5 or 6.

But the last two weeks i've got nada - gonna have to start hovering creepily around people who like they might be gamers.

I just want to get houses for my Animal Crossing:New Leaf collection. Been playing for a few weeks now and it's still empty.

Definitely bringing it to Dublin comicon. If i can get a few hits there then it's a lost cause.

Advertisement