Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Make sure the shoulder buttons aren't too loose (rattling) when pressed.

Give the analog stick a good few rotations, flick up/down/left/right and make sure it returns to the centre.

Check you're getting a stylus and that it still fits snugly in the little slot on the side.

Scratches on the screen that can be seen when light shines directly on it.

Hinges should be good and firm, and the screen should stay well balanced at a number of different angles while open.

All obvious stuff but worth checking!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

New_Nintendo_3DS_XL_Solgaleo_Lunala.png

This is coming to Europe for Sun and Moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Where does one find a copy of phoenix wright triology for the 3ds ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

imitation wrote: »

IF i am not mistaking it was 100% E shop only in the EU. I was disappointed myself as i would have loved a retail copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

imitation wrote: »

Digital trilogy copys turn up on the eshop every couple of months for 19.00eur and then im not sure about phyical copys maybe 12eur each or so on adverts, give cex a search too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just buy the physical copies of the originals, they're great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

So I bought the 3ds, I'm buying two zelda remasters cause Ive never played a zelda game and super mario 3D land. Is there any other game I should check out?
    Also is there any good site that posts good reviews and news for the 3Ds?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Rorok wrote:
    So I bought the 3ds, I'm buying two zelda remasters cause Ive never played a zelda game and super mario 3D land. Is there any other game I should check out? Also is there any good site that posts good reviews and news for the 3Ds?

If you like open world rpgs I think fantasy life is a must. There are actually so many great titles for the 3ds, it's scary. Kid Icarus Uprising, Persona Q, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (or generations, releasing in a weeks time I think?) Pokemon x/y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, a link between worlds, and so many others are things I'd recommend, but they're mostly JRPGs so it depends on whether that's your style or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Luigi's Mansion on the 3DS is great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

In addition to those recommended above I'd recommend Luigis Mansion, Fire Emblem, Kirby and Mario & Luigi. There's loads others to be honest also.

Did you have a DS? If not then the list of games just gets silly.

• Advertisement

Ok so I've set up most of those nintendo accounts, and as soon as I went on to the store I had €25.06, was that supposed to be there? I bought legend of zelda Ocirina of Time with it.
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely look into luigis mansion as I never played the first too. I did have a ds but it was when I was 11 and all the games are mario or movie/tv shows so not great selection there. Btw is there any good lego game for 3ds (better then the lego star wars complete saga cause that was amazing). I'm not too into pokemon but I heard that Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate was good. What about animal crossing? Is that any good

Animal crossing is fun if you want a life simulation game, it's lovely to play, definitely! Very charming series! Monster Hunter is good but it can get grindy when you're looking for items the whole time, but if you're patient it's good fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

CliCliW wrote: »
    If you like open world rpgs I think fantasy life is a must. There are actually so many great titles for the 3ds, it's scary. Kid Icarus Uprising, Persona Q, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (or generations, releasing in a weeks time I think?) Pokemon x/y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, a link between worlds, and so many others are things I'd recommend, but they're mostly JRPGs so it depends on whether that's your style or not.

Is Fantasy Life an action RPG?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, and it's a really good one. Look it up on YouTube.

Mr E wrote:
    Yep, and it's a really good one. Look it up on YouTube.

I've heard it hailed as a must own for any 3ds owner and to be honest I'd have to agree, it's so chill, you can do what you want! I'm 120 hours in and not even close to being done with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

We appear to be on the topic of 3DS recommendations now so I''l ask for one myself, Pokemon is my primary interest on DS (basically the only reason I have one) but I'm open to any recommendations.

Have access to all the Zelda games from a friend, and I'm only on the original 3DS so I think that rules out MH4.

Does MH4U run well on the original 3DS XL? GF has one so I could play it on that if so, don't care about buying it for her account.

Is Fantasy Life going to be the number one in this case?

*Edit* Didn't realise the other guy was in basically the same boat. Gonna pick up Fantasy Life

Played the demo of Phoenix Wright, will definitely pick it up in a sale or if I can find it cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Is there a list of games that run like mud on the Original 3DS or is it limited to a select few like MH4?

Is there a list of games that run like mud on the Original 3DS or is it limited to a select few like MH4?

There's not many games that I think REALLY suffer frame rate issues. Hyrule warriors legends is the one that most often gets called out for this. As for monster hunter, I honestly don't know about any issues with frame rate, but that's not to say they don't exist. The best thing to do might be to ask on the thread dedicated to monster hunter?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I played MH4 on the 3DS and n3DS for around 36 hours each. But there was a year between the instances. Point is, I couldn't tell you the difference. If they were side by side maybe there are texture differences or frame rate issues, but I didn't notice them when I didn't know about them and only had the 3DS.

Hyrule Warriors is the only title that claims to be compatible that I've heard people say runs like tar on the 3DS regular. Xenoblade and Binding of Isaac are n3DS only, so they don't count...

• Advertisement

Is anyone else's 3ds store down, mines been down for a good while now

Rorok wrote: »
    Is anyone else's 3ds store down, mines been down for a good while now

They are doing maintenance to the store, started yesterday evening. Some sources saying it would be going for 8 hours, some for 2 days!

I found out when i went to see if that Fantasy Life game you were all talking about was available...anyone know?

Or should i go ahead and order off amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Probably cheaper to buy the physical copy. €39.99 on the eshop:
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Fantasy-Life-899654.html

With delivery to Ireland it certainly seems more expensive to buy off Amazon...any other good online stores for 3ds games?

Will have to check the local Gamestops and CEX but i don't remember ever seeing it in stores.

Thegamecollection and base are good for shopping online from what I've heard!

The eshop is live again, I was rooting around on it this morning! ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Banjo wrote: »
    I played MH4 on the 3DS and n3DS for around 36 hours each. But there was a year between the instances. Point is, I couldn't tell you the difference. If they were side by side maybe there are texture differences or frame rate issues, but I didn't notice them when I didn't know about them and only had the 3DS.

Hyrule Warriors is the only title that claims to be compatible that I've heard people say runs like tar on the 3DS regular. Xenoblade and Binding of Isaac are n3DS only, so they don't count...

With monster hunter the issue in performance and frame rate comes when you go online amd have 3 more hunters on your screen. If you play solo then you won't notice any dips. Loading times are better on n3ds too.

Speaking of n3ds xl. The new Monster Hunter one is on pre order on amazon for 209£. With pound low as is, it works out about 250eu, which is decent for limited edition n3ds xl with a game.
    I am tempted myself,but I already own n3ds and n3ds xl. :)

This maintenance really is annyoing. I can't play MH4 now. The specific parts i am hunting now are pretty much online. I am not good enough to solo it. :(

Is there any website to check when the last time a game was on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, it's second day my mh4 is saying that it has online maintenance. Eshop and all is working, but not mh4. Nintendo website says all servers online
    Wtf.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm looking forward to this thread being renamed
    "I have a portable NX - general discussion"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement