Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Did you try turning it off and back on? My eshop was working fine but friends and that was showing a server error until I rebooted and it worked straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Did you try turning it off and back on? My eshop was working fine but friends and that was showing a server error until I rebooted and it worked straight away.

A bit late now, but thx. :)

I did that, just fully turned off the yolk and turned it back on. After a few errors it gone back to normal and I could kill... I mean, control the population of a few monsters online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Going to buy paper Mario or Mario Bros the one that went on the bargain 3ds games.

What one would people rate higher?.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had snubbed Triforce Heroes when it came out because of the whole Dopple system (shoehorning a single player game into what is primarily a multiplayer game and it sounded like it was badly implemented).

I now admit that I was wrong.... Triforce Heroes is a solid 8/10 in my books now. I finished the first area last night and had a great time doing it. Some of the puzzles are very clever. I like the extra challenges that open up later too - time limits, less hearts.

It is still €19.99 in Argos and there is still availability in a lot of stores.

http://checkargos.com/product/4240646

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I'm getting a sa
    d card for my 3ds and I was wondering if this would work for it?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3434848/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CPhotography%7C14419436/c_2/3%7C19780865%7CMemory%2Bcards%7C30151786/c_3/4%7Ccat_30151786%7CSD%2Bmemory%2Bcards%7C30151856.htm

I searched all over the Internet but I wasn't sure what they were talking about (most of theirs were ultra?)
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Rorok wrote: »
    I'm getting a sa
    d card for my 3ds and I was wondering if this would work for it?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3434848/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CPhotography%7C14419436/c_2/3%7C19780865%7CMemory%2Bcards%7C30151786/c_3/4%7Ccat_30151786%7CSD%2Bmemory%2Bcards%7C30151856.htm

I searched all over the Internet but I wasn't sure what they were talking about (most of theirs were ultra?)
    Thanks in advance

It will work as long as it's the older 3DS. One thing about it is that it's a class 4 when buying a a SD card all ways go for a class 10 or higher as there a lot faster for loading and copying stuff from.

It will work as long as it's the older 3DS. One thing about it is that it's a class 4 when buying a a SD card all ways go for a class 10 or higher as there a lot faster for loading and copying stuff from.

So it's a no buy, there's ones with class 10 in Argos for not that much more so that's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

So it's a no buy, there's ones with class 10 in Argos for not that much more so that's ok

Memoryc.ie are in kildare (I think), next day delivery and much cheaper than any bricks and mortar store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Just got myself a 3DS not one of the 'new' ones, (silly naming by nintendo why didn't they go with super 3ds). Probably seems sinful to most here but it is my first ever Gameboy. I had played on friends ones occasionally before but never actually had one myself.
    I picked up Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3d land second hand, 20 each, and Zelda Link between world for 20 new, so that will keep me happy out for a while, plan on picking up monster hunter 4 and some pokemon game also, I had played red on an emulator years ago. Any other recommendations or tips for a complete gameboy newb? I'm more into my PC gaming generally, although had a N64 and have a wii also, looking forward to some gaming while I commute now.
    Just thought I'd say hi anyway as will be lurking round this forum now.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Just got myself a 3DS not one of the 'new' ones, (silly naming by nintendo why didn't they go with super 3ds). Probably seems sinful to most here but it is my first ever Gameboy. I had played on friends ones occasionally before but never actually had one myself.
    I picked up Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3d land second hand, 20 each, and Zelda Link between world for 20 new, so that will keep me happy out for a while, plan on picking up monster hunter 4 and some pokemon game also, I had played red on an emulator years ago. Any other recommendations or tips for a complete gameboy newb? I'm more into my PC gaming generally, although had a N64 and have a wii also, looking forward to some gaming while I commute now.
    Just thought I'd say hi anyway as will be lurking round this forum now.

Pokemon X/Y and Omega/Sapphire are great RPG's and shouldn't be too expensive to pick up.
    Steamworld Dig on the EStore is cheap and good fun.
    Animal Crossing if you want some to pick up an play for an hour a day for the next year or two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

The Pokemon Sun and Moon steelbooks are available for pre order now, get them off the Nintendo store and you get neat figurines to go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Allyall wrote: »

Memoryc.ie are in kildare (I think), next day delivery and much cheaper than any bricks and mortar store.
    They're in Celbridge, just off the n4 (celbridge west, by the apple green petrol station) and you can collect if that's handier than delivery.

If Pokemon figurines are your thing, get a Happy meal, but make sure you get the 'boy' toy. Girls get my little ponies, and not the hot anthropomorphic ones either. (OK, OK, they're not that great. Well, maybe Applejack...) I digress. Boys toy at the weekend was Rayquaza but there were Pikachu floating around too. And it comes with a free flavorless meat product and limp soy fries

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

News from Nintendo that Animal Crossing: New Leaf will be getting Amiibo functionality sometime this Autumn.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-20-four-years-on-animal-crossing-new-leaf-is-getting-a-big-update

Seems to use the AC Amiibo figures along with the HappyHomeDesigner Cards to spawn that character in your town. Also, Callie and Marie Amiibo add furniture and talk of other series Amiibo doing the same.

Doesn't scale for difficultly based on the number of players, killed my interest.

Also new monster hunter is out... tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Doesn't scale for difficultly based on the number of players, killed my interest.

The metroid blast ball minigame is in the eshop today too for free, it looks fun!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/07/metroid_prime_blast_ball_gets_surprise_release_for_free_on_the_3ds_eshop

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you mean Generations, it came out last friday I think. It's definitely out. We're playing it in the Monster Hunter Ultimate Caravan of Freedom to Unite Generations thread - Join us! But set aside a few hours to plough through the usual turgid gathering missions...

If you mean Stories... wha what what what? Thought that wasn't out till later in the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone played the new Popolocrois game? I see it's currently $14.99 in the Canadian store and it's really tempting me at that price.

Do the snes games work okay on the normal 3ds, saw they were on sale but it has new 3ds next to them

Do the snes games work okay on the normal 3ds, saw they were on sale but it has new 3ds next to them

They don't work at all.

They don't work at all.

Thanks, but I just got someone saying they played earthbound no problem :confused: I'll just avoid them I think anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thanks, but I just got someone saying they played earthbound no problem :confused: I'll just avoid them I think anyway

Earthbound (and and any other SNES games) are New 3DS only, have a look here: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/earthbound-3ds#game-details.

That someone doesn't know they have a New 3DS or maybe they're playing it via emulator on a dodgy 3DS. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

When Is the snes game sale finished? Is it particularly good value

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Which titles are on sale?

I can't see anything on sale. Only some stuff on offer, but it didn't look like a great offer.

It was on the é shop on my 3ds. Buy two snes games and get the third free

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

It was on the é shop on my 3ds. Buy two snes games and get the third free

Isn't that offer exclusive to the Street Fighter games?

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Isn't that offer exclusive to the Street Fighter games?

Yes, thats it. Not that great. The only good offers were the launch ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'm trying my hardest to get the mother to swap candy crush type games for something with a bit more depth.

How would Animal Crossing Wild World on the DS suit a complete beginner? Is it intuitive, easy to control, fun etc.?

I have never played an Animal Crossing game so I have nothing to go on bar some reviews.

The DS one isn't very good, I'd try something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Bugger.

Once again you disappoint me Miles. :D

Advertisement