Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Miles is right though, if you want the best AC experience just go straight for New Leaf. It's a bit pricier but leagues better than Wild World IMO :)

If you want to get her into "life sim" you could also try Harvest Moon or Story of Seasons, granted they're more geared towards farming sim but she might still enjoy them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think I have all of the Animal Crossing titles except New Leaf, and the only I played a lot of was the first one released here on the Gamecube, which I still have in my collection.
    An amazing title and a damn shame there wasn't a proper version of the game for the WiiU.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

The 3DS one is great though. Although we might have got the NES games with a port of the Gamecube version...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The DS one was grand at the time, it only pales in comparison to the 3DS one - it still has the core experience of fishing, fruit picking and scrounging to pay off your mortgage while that ring-eyed bastard heaps more and more debt on you, just not so many bells and whistles. That said, I can't really see anyone's mam getting into it, it's too superficial an experience in terms of the resource management and relationship management to scratch that itch, not the way something like the Sims does. Would you be better off with a Picross game (kind of like a binary crossword, the love child of Minesweeper and Sudoku) or one of those "hunt a tiny element in a vast picture" type games (there's a bunch of them on sale for €1 on the eShop at the moment)? That's a massive generalisation, I know, but there you go...

Ah its not. The frame rate on the DS one is distracting, before anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Metroid Prime: Federation Force trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Does it use dual analog controls and is there any benefit to playing it on New 3DS?
    I'm curious to see reviews.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is it a proper fully featured single player campaign, or just another bug hunt?

...all we know is that we still have no contact with the developer, and that an online-based multiplayer mode may be involved.

:D

Banjo wrote: »
    ...all we know is that we still have no contact with the developer, and that an online-based multiplayer mode may be involved.

:D

.. it's a frakking bug hunt :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nuke it from orbit, only way to be sure. :cool:

Aayfirmative...

Prime federation force has already leaked in the states, so we should have proper impressions shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Metroid Prime FF first review is in Famitsu - 7/8/7/8.

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-review-scores-81616/

FWIW, the acclaimed No Man's Sky only got slightly higher at 7/8/8/9 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I think World War III is about to begin.

sligeach wrote: »
    I think World War III is about to begin.

Over metroid?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Over metroid?

Ya, I expect it's going to get ugly. I thought the review embargo ended at 5PM but it's not clear. I know games leave it late sometimes but the day before release smells bad.

It's not till friday I didn't think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

anybody pick up Metroid FF? is it anygood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Mr E wrote: »
    Metroid Prime FF first review is in Famitsu - 7/8/7/8.

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-review-scores-81616/

FWIW, the acclaimed No Man's Sky only got slightly higher at 7/8/8/9 :)

A friend whose judgement I trust says No Man's Sky is fairly sh*te. Wanna get Metroid myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

sligeach wrote: »
    Ya, I expect it's going to get ugly. I thought the review embargo ended at 5PM but it's not clear. I know games leave it late sometimes but the day before release smells bad.

Better than a week after release which now seems to be the norm on various consoles so reviewers can review the online element. Do the review in two parts if that's the case. It's a while since I bought a game on release day.

anybody pick up Metroid FF? is it anygood?

Not out here till the 2nd September.

Not out here till the 2nd September.

D'oh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Are the picross games any good, was planning on getting the zelda one because I heard that they were shutting down the system and I have enough points

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Got my 5yr old a 3ds today. We started Pokemon white 2, quite a lot of reading so playing together. Any recommendations for suitable non crap (barbie etc) games appreciated. Can I link my eshop account to this or will I have to start a separate one? We have all the Mario's, animal new leaf and fantasy life. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

sweetie wrote:
    Got my 5yr old a 3ds today. We started Pokemon white 2, quite a lot of reading so playing together. Any recommendations for suitable non crap (barbie etc) games appreciated. Can I link my eshop account to this or will I have to start a separate one? We have all the Mario's, animal new leaf and fantasy life. Cheers.

You'll have to start a new account I'm afraid :( in terms of games ye could play together, I probably would have said animal crossing and fantasy life maybe harvest moon lost valley, I'm not entirely sure? I've seen one or two kids playing Lego city undercover too so that could be worth a try, think Lego meets GTA!

My kids LOVE animal crossing, so another vote for that. 7 year old plays Pokemon Soul Silver a lot. Mario Kart goes down well. There's an eShop game that costs buttons that has a surfing penguin in it. There's no reading and even a good run ends in about 2 minutes, the 5 year old loves that one.

They all enjoy Mario platformers, even though they're awful at them. I don't know if nSMB II has 2 player where you can effectively carry them through the level like you can on the Wii U 3D World?

You didn't mention a gender - mine are all girls, they enjoy Nintendogs. You have to shout at the game a lot. They also get a kick out of Tamodachi Life.

They really don't like Rhythm games at all. I'd have thought that Elite Beat Agents or Project Mirai DX would have been a slam dunk, but no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

CliCliW wrote: »
    You'll have to start a new account I'm afraid :( in terms of games ye could play together, I probably would have said animal crossing and fantasy life maybe harvest moon lost valley, I'm not entirely sure? I've seen one or two kids playing Lego city undercover too so that could be worth a try, think Lego meets GTA!
    Banjo wrote: »
    My kids LOVE animal crossing, so another vote for that. 7 year old plays Pokemon Soul Silver a lot. Mario Kart goes down well. There's an eShop game that costs buttons that has a surfing penguin in it. There's no reading and even a good run ends in about 2 minutes, the 5 year old loves that one.

They all enjoy Mario platformers, even though they're awful at them. I don't know if nSMB II has 2 player where you can effectively carry them through the level like you can on the Wii U 3D World?

You didn't mention a gender - mine are all girls, they enjoy Nintendogs. You have to shout at the game a lot. They also get a kick out of Tamodachi Life.

They really don't like Rhythm games at all. I'd have thought that Elite Beat Agents or Project Mirai DX would have been a slam dunk, but no.

Thanks guys, a lot to go on for my daughter, cheers.

Advertisement