Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Rorok wrote: »
    Are the picross games any good, was planning on getting the zelda one because I heard that they were shutting down the system and I have enough points

I love them. And there's not much else for the points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

Anyone know if either monster hunter generations or 4 ultimate would be enjoyble on a 2ds? montser hunter has had loads of games for consoles that didnt have a c-stick nub thing so are the newest ones actually unplayable without it or what? in terms of framerate the demo worked fine but Id didnt have time to play with the controls yet.
    I dont have the money to upgrade my handheld just to play one game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EmcD123 wrote: »
    Anyone know if either monster hunter generations or 4 ultimate would be enjoyble on a 2ds? montser hunter has had loads of games for consoles that didnt have a c-stick nub thing so are the newest ones actually unplayable without it or what? in terms of framerate the demo worked fine but Id didnt have time to play with the controls yet.
    I dont have the money to upgrade my handheld just to play one game

I think there should be a MH demo on the e-shop (presume you can access it on a 2DS)? Or there definitely was a little while ago. See if it's still there and give it a bash. I've only played MH4/X on the older 3DS with the circle pad pro and wouldn't be without it so can comment on how it runs with normal controls I'm afraid.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I think there should be a MH demo on the e-shop (presume you can access it on a 2DS)? Or there definitely was a little while ago. See if it's still there and give it a bash. I've only played MH4/X on the older 3DS with the circle pad pro and wouldn't be without it so can comment on how it runs with normal controls I'm afraid.

Ya played it yesterday,had great fun and framerate didnt seem to be an issue so I was just curious if in the full game it will be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I've only played MH4/X on the older 3DS with the circle pad pro and wouldn't be without it so can comment on how it runs with normal controls I'm afraid.

It's one of those things - it's perfectly playable without the CPP if you've never used the CPP, there are onscreen controls for the camera and the centre-behind-me button. But it's very difficult to go back once you have.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    It's one of those things - it's perfectly playable without the CPP if you've never used the CPP, there are onscreen controls for the camera and the centre-behind-me button. But it's very difficult to go back once you have.

I just bought the 4th one as I got it for a pretty good price. had no problem while playing the generations demo and well CPP isnt compatible with 2ds anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pocket Card Jockey might just be the best $6.99 I've spent on a videogame this year. Horse racing and solataire combined sounds awful but it's stupidly addictive.

Pocket Card Jockey might just be the best $6.99 I've spent on a videogame this year. Horse racing and solataire combined sounds awful but it's stupidly addictive.

I keep hearing about this game! is it still good if youre actually shocking at solitaire? like never actually finished a game of solitaire before bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I keep hearing about this game! is it still good if youre actually shocking at solitaire? like never actually finished a game of solitaire before bad...

Oddly enough that was one of my concerns before buying it. As far as I can tell it's a fairly simplified version of solitaire where you only have to worry about sequential numbers. It's very straight forward and really easy to get to grips with.

Oddly enough that was one of my concerns before buying it. As far as I can tell it's a fairly simplified version of solitaire where you only have to worry about sequential numbers. It's very straight forward and really easy to get to grips with.

Interesting and...onto the watchlist it goes:D that list keeps getting bigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

There's a demo. Try it. Its very addictive but extremely repetitive. Being good at solitaire helps, especially at the start of a race , but there's a pacing element where you want to time your moves to gain advantage and positioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I got the legend of zelda picross from the club Nintendo rewards, but it's not downloading or visible in store, does anyone know why?

I got the legend of zelda picross from the club Nintendo rewards, but it's not downloading or visible in store, does anyone know why?

Do they not give you a code?

yeah, it's a code you redeem on the shop or, and this is so much cooler, here :
    https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem#/
    And then it will sleep-mode download to the 3DS that your NNID is associated with next time it's got WiFi.
    I know, google has been doing this with phones for years but I still get a kick out of it.

Fecked if I can see where that code goes after you buy it with your points. I have confirmation emails from Nintendo after redeeming the code, and there's a transaction in my account details after redeeming it, but nothing from when I actually bought the code itself with points...

Do they not give you a code?
    They did but I said redeem to my account or something and that doesn't of seemed of worked

They did but I said redeem to my account or something and that doesn't of seemed of worked

You have to put the code into the redeem code bit on the 3DS e-shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Have you linked your Nintendo ID on your 3DS and on the site?

Star Lord wrote: »

Have you linked your Nintendo ID on your 3DS and on the site?
    Yeah I spent hours doing it the day I got my 3ds

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

No discussion about the new direct lads? For shame! :v

I'm really excited for Ever Oasis and Disney Magical World! Still undecided on Pikmin for the 3ds!

• Advertisement

CliCliW wrote: »

I'm really excited for Ever Oasis and Disney Magical World! Still undecided on Pikmin for the 3ds!

I'm trying not to get too caught up in it.,ive been buying games left ,right and centre lately ,mostly on impulse as well. There are so so many great games on this system....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The chat about the direct was all in the direct thread! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

CliCliW wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057406791&page=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I borrowed my niece's 3ds to play Chrono trigger and I picked up between Link between worlds yesterday (only 18 quid in Argos). I find the stick has a lot of pull on it which can be frustrating and annoying on the thumb. Is the new 3ds/xl any different does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    I borrowed my niece's 3ds to play Chrono trigger and I picked up between Link between worlds yesterday (only 18 quid in Argos). I find the stick has a lot of pull on it which can be frustrating and annoying on the thumb. Is the new 3ds/xl any different does anyone know?

Yes pulling your stick can be frustrating I know how you feel, this one time I was so drunk.....anyway regarding the 3ds its no different on the new one;-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've been playing Kirby: Planet Rorobot and it is just the best looking game on the system, better even then the previous title, Kirby Triple Deluxe.
    Just on World 3 right now and the effects are jaw dropping, regardless of the low resolution of the screens.
    It's a good refresher too that no one does it better than Nintendo and, in this case, HAL, the use of 3D is possibly the best on the format.
    Anywho, that's my Kirby-gush over!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

So glad someone else played it! I thought the demo was great. I think the translation team just had a laugh with it. Mentioned it on a another thread but mostly talked about it on Facebook. Got some friends to play the demo, lost my horse so I started from scratch when I bought the full game.
    Atavan suggested I call my horse Pritt Stick so that's the name.

Do yous reckon 34 quid is reasonable for federation force?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Do yous reckon 34 quid is reasonable for federation force?

I have a feeling this will drop in price relatively quickly, seems to have been a massive flop! I'll pick it up when its hits around the 20 mark I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

pasta-solo wrote: »
    I have a feeling this will drop in price relatively quickly, seems to have been a massive flop! I'll pick it up when its hits around the 20 mark I reckon.

Yep, according to this Eurogamer article sales have been a flop in the UK & Japan. Which is actually good news imo, folks are voting with their wallets and letting Nintendo they can't just churn out any crap linked to a big franchise and expect it to sell. Give us a proper Prime game or don't bother.

Advertisement