Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yep, according to this Eurogamer article sales have been a flop in the UK & Japan. Which is actually good news imo, folks are voting with their wallets and letting Nintendo they can't just churn out any crap linked to a big franchise and expect it to sell. Give us a proper Prime game or don't bother.

On NVC this week, they said that the game might have been better received had it not had the Metroid Prime name slapped on, and maybe there's a truth to that. The game itself seems decent as a co-op, it's just so far removed from the rest of the Metroid series. It serves primarily as a reminder that we haven't seen a good Metroid game in a VERY long time.

I've actually had a bit of fun playing Blitz Ball. It's no Rocket League, but it's enjoyable in short bursts online. Being free is a big factor in that though, and I certainly wouldn't pay 40 for the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

14265034_583874118462323_1205580975487229676_n.jpg?oh=fa91f6310a9311e36f48c1aecea89345&oe=5879E3C2

Awaits hail of arrows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll buy it but €39.99 seems still too steep for the title.
    I will await the inevitable price drop, then rush out at once and buy it.
    Certainly some reviews have said it is a pretty good game, just not the game we wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Its not really a metroid game though, they couldve just called it space shooters or something like that (less chessy obviously though)

Well it was £20 + 4 euro for parcel motel. Can't argue with that.

• Advertisement

Finally got my old 3DS going again last night and went onto the shop. Having only had a GB before now it's a bit scary thinking about what's going to happen when I add my card details. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Finally got my old 3DS going again last night and went onto the shop. Having only had a GB before now it's a bit scary thinking about what's going to happen when I add my card details. :P

GB to 3DS - that's some gap!

There'll probably be that initial nostalgic buzz recognising great old games that you go and buy again. That'll soon fade when you realise their pricing is highway robbery considering you're just buying a rom. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Metroid can wait until Brack Friday for me. Dragon Quest is next on my list.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Metroid can wait until Brack Friday for me. Dragon Quest is next on my list.

I'd say the price will go all Triforce Heroes in the not to distant future, pick it up then for a song

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd say the price will go all Triforce Heroes in the not to distant future, pick it up then for a song

Triforce went cheap in Argos Smyths still sell it for €45 new as for the sloppy game place I have no clue to their price. Metroid is one of those too big a name titles to go cheap super fast but who knows. Star Fox on Wii U and Pokken or even Smash Bros on both formats would be similar types none have been on a reduction in any high street stores here since release. Internet land rules need not apply.

• Advertisement

Federation Force is fun! Not a metroid game though, and not balanced for single player in any way shape or form.

Federation Force is fun! Not a metroid game though, and not balanced for single player in any way shape or form.

I have no friends, so this is troubling :(

Hey hey hey that's not true you burned the retron 5 so that bought you back a few friends I'm sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

giphy.gif

There's a mod for SP which doubles your damage output and halves the damage you take for combat. It's really more tedious and padded with one player.

Hey hey hey that's not true you burned the retron 5 so that bought you back a few friends I'm sure...

No, I still own a Retron5.
    I see it, I threaten to sell it, then I want to keep it again.
    It's a breakthrough for me that I haven't sold it and bought it all over again.
    Plus, they seem rare beasts here, so an interesting thing to have in the collection, plus it's a nice way to play classic games on a big screen.

Nice way to play classis is an understatement.

Betting when Federation is up an running there will be a dedicated friend code site from Nintendo like the one for New Leaf so all of us with no friends can find some for this game at least.

The pleasure is that it's grand for the big screen but, more often than not, if I want to play Famicom, NES, SFC, Snes or MD/Genny stuff, I use original hardware, via RGB cables, on a bloody nice CRT.
    I could live without the Retron5, but it's still a nice thing.
    I'm still thinking of hosting a Christmas Arcade and Retro forum Beers with an early segment in the local cineplex, it has the facility of playing games on the movie screen and all it looks for is HDMI output, which the Retron5 has.
    I can only imagine how much fun playing Super Castlevania IV or Super Mario Bros 3 would be on a movie screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm still thinking of hosting a C******** Arcade and Retro forum Beers with an early segment in the local cineplex, it has the facility of playing games on the movie screen and all it looks for is HDMI output, which the Retron5 has.
    I can only imagine how much fun playing Super Castlevania IV or Super Mario Bros 3 would be on a movie screen!
    Don't mention the C word! Halloween first! Keep A&R updated, could post about it with the
    Secret Santa
    , I'll assume I'll be taking over for my hobbit lol

So, playing Kirby: Planet Robobot during my lunch break today and it is, without doubt, the game with the most effective use of 3D I've played.
    LOL'd as I played through a level with giant collapsing ice cream cones, complete with screen splatter.
    The game is not hard, in fact you could probably finish it in one sitting if you didn't care about collecting everything, but that is pretty typical of a Kirby title and ignores the game being unlocked for a new playthrough as MetaKnight.
    I know I have raved about this one before, but it just keeps putting a daft smile on my face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Think Smyth's had it with amiibo for 40. Tempted...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Watched a review of it the other week, looks gorgeous. Defo one I'll pick up when Argos knock a few quid off. New Leaf will be my next 3DS purchase I reckon.

I'm looking for a samus amiibo to go with Federation force, keep hoping to see one for 7.50 or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

I'm looking for a samus amiibo to go with Federation force, keep hoping to see one for 7.50 or so...

GameStop have been selling them half off as far as I know! Hopefully you're lucky and have one in your area!

I did see a samus amiibo in gamestop, but only the animal crossing ones were discounted :(

That's strange, they were all discounted here last time I checked :/

I'll check in a different store today, hopefully get lucky.

If you're really stuck lemme know and I can grab it here for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'll check in a different store today, hopefully get lucky.

I've a zero suit samus, could swap that for something or For the half price Gamestop price.
    If it's any use to you

• Advertisement

Samus, both dressed and less dressed in armour, was on the discount pile last week but, having visited the once seller of videogames now with a focus on licences mugs and hoodies, I see them back a full price on the Amiibo display instead.
    I presume the logic is, if they didn't sell at €7.50 they are bound to sell at €14.99!

Advertisement