Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

webpal wrote: »
    Will FIFA 17 be available on 3DS? Searched forums and google but cant find anything.

I don't think there's been a new FIFA on 3DS since 15, so I don't think so. Could be wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Wikipedia says no, home consoles and PC only

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The last few handheld versions were reskins, it didn't sell well on either 3ds or vita for a few years so they stopped them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Really sucks that you can't share levels online or download on the new 3ds Mario maker. I'd buy it straight away if you could now it's a maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Off topic but I remember a mate in school had PES 5 on the PSP. Good lord I never thought it possible! That's what I blame my average leaving cert on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I had that aswell, wasn't half bad as far as I recall

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The last few handheld versions were reskins, it didn't sell well on either 3ds or vita for a few years so they stopped them.

Probably because it was a reskin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IHJED1M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I thought that was out on the 18th :( Longer it takes, longer I can't sell my current N3DS.

Nope Smyths said 23 although it was weirdest thing that they're right on Nintendo info. Gone to Newry to buy Dragon Quest VII and expensive eye drops as my eye is going funny again. One eye will still be enough to enjoy Dragon Quest.

Got Dragon Quest finally bus is packed so I'll have to wait to open it. Betting it goes on sale somewhere dirt cheap now but 30 pounds was a good price I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I'm still new enough to Nintendo and 3DS stuff - have they confirmed if Pokemon Sun/Moon will be available on the EStore on release day?

Not sure how they usually work.

I'm still new enough to Nintendo and 3DS stuff - have they confirmed if Pokemon Sun/Moon will be available on the EStore on release day?

Not sure how they usually work.

It will yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Usually goes live at midnight / 11pm the night before (midnight German time I think)
    But they don't do a pre-install option that I'm aware of.

Argos UK has the steel book editions up to preorder, Smyth's is becoming a nightmare to shop in for ninty stuff, prices are mad and staff don't have a clue on stock availabilities in the branch I shop in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Goin on the old hols tomorrow.

Like to pick up a game or two, suddenly have a fancy for that Metal Gear 3DS.

Is it worth a go, and d'yis reckon I can get it handy enough in Gamestoo/Cex?

Any hidden yokes I might not know about, I'm not a great one for handhelds?

Thanks

No it's pretty rubbish. Specially without a second analogue stick unless you have the CPP or the N3DS. It's also somewhat hard to get hold of these days, least in Gamestop.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IHJED1M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I thought that was out on the 18th :( Longer it takes, longer I can't sell my current N3DS.
    Hello,

We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

"NEW Nintendo 3DS XL - Pokemon Sun and Moon Edition (Nintendo 3DS) NO GAME INCLUDED"
    Previous estimated arrival date: November 23 2016
    New estimated arrival date: November 18 2016

Only £140 as well :cool:

Dragon Quest is great, have been exploring every nook and cranny in the whole island before setting off on the first mission, it is a pretty game wish I had played the PS1 version as this one is slightly cut down compared to it from the snooping I did online about the game managed to avoid any and all spoilers so far I think I'll take my time playing this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

Dragon Quest is great, have been exploring every nook and cranny in the whole island before setting off on the first mission, it is a pretty game wish I had played the PS1 version as this one is slightly cut down compared to it from the snooping I did online about the game managed to avoid any and all spoilers so far I think I'll take my time playing this one too.

Bought dragon quest on launch day and have still barely played it, the pace is absolutely glacial. Ive just been pouring all my time into Resident Evil and professor layton instead....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would disagree with my learned colleague and say that MSG3D is a worthwhile purchase.
    Yes, it's better with the CPP but even without it plays well and looks fantastic.
    The controls, even with the CPP, are as odd as socks, getting used to them is a battle regardless, and once there the game is as great as it was on any other platform.
    There are some lovely cheap DS titles out there, Soul Bubbles and Alien Infestation spring to mind, both very cheap too.
    GS don't seem to be listing DS games on their site, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Cex have it for €20, it's still on my to do list along with both Resident Evils and both Bravely games.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=4012927084649#.WBHbb3twZJ8

EmcD123 wrote: »
    Bought dragon quest on launch day and have still barely played it, the pace is absolutely glacial. Ive just been pouring all my time into Resident Evil and professor layton instead....

nothing much happens for the first couple of hours play which I kinda liked as it gave me the chance to explore the game and search out things to do rather than going straight into battle which would be the normal rpg adventure game MO.

nothing much happens for the first couple of hours play which I kinda liked as it gave me the chance to explore the game and search out things to do rather than going straight into battle which would be the normal rpg adventure game MO.

Does it speed up eventually? I tend to play in 10-15 minute bursts these days and its painfully slow to get anywhere in DQ because of that. Plus I quite often go a few days without playing and i come back and ive forgotten about something the game has hinted towards on how to progress or stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

God, I hate when that happens. About 2 years ago I saved Ocarina Of Time about 2/3s through the Water Temple and for the last 18 months it's been driving me mad trying to figure out what I was doing....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    God, I hate when that happens. About 2 years ago I saved Ocarina Of Time about 2/3s through the Water Temple and for the last 18 months it's been driving me mad trying to figure out what I was doing....

I had and never finished OoT for years, ever since it's release on the N64, got it too for the Wii via VC and I had the two bonus disk versions, both on the GC.
    It was only when I ended up in hospital overnight a couple of years ago with only my 3DS and OoT for company that I actually finished the game, including the now easier Water Temple.
    Sometimes I think it was almost worth the chest pains to finally finish a Legend of Zelda title!

The first village is Irish esque my sight is very bad and I am going through a migraine phase so have not been able to play too much of it, but yes it does get going after a while and should be a very fast moving game after the first few hours, it is a +100 hour game from what I have read online so enjoy the easy parts.

Spirit Temple stumped me in Ocarina recently rather than the water one. It is on my to do list now.

The first village is Irish esque my sight is very bad and I am going through a migraine phase so have not been able to play too much of it, but yes it does get going after a while and should be a very fast moving game after the first few hours, it is a +100 hour game from what I have read online so enjoy the easy parts.

Spirit Temple stumped me in Ocarina recently rather than the water one. It is on my to do list now.

I was cringing the whole way through the irish village...they got it pretty spot on though even the accent came across pretty well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

For the uneducated (i.e. me), is Dragon Quest the type of JRPG where you walk around, talk to a bunch of people and try to figure out where to go next, whilst the combat consists of kicking someone in the balls and waiting for them to return the favour?

I could never get into those apart from Chrono Trigger.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    For the uneducated (i.e. me), is Dragon Quest the type of JRPG where you walk around, talk to a bunch of people and try to figure out where to go next, whilst the combat consists of kicking someone in the balls and waiting for them to return the favour?

I could never get into those apart from Chrono Trigger.
    That's exactly it, but it does it in a pretty charming and clunky way

• Advertisement

If you liked Chronotrigger then DQXIII will be right up your alley, in terms of humour, great writing and a good battle system.

Advertisement