Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Oh bugger, another one to add to the list! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Far and away Irish mad stuff altogether.

That would be VIII rather than XIII.

Roman Numeral Nazi at your service. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That would be VIII rather than XIII.

Roman Numeral Nazi at your service. :p

:eek: !!!!

Did I really make such an error!!!!

NOoooo!!!

You'd be a long time awaiting DQXIII in fairness!!

And in the spirit of roman numeral mistakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Animal Crossing New Leaf Direct tomorrow at 2pm UK, just in time for me, i ordered it this week :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-01-theres-a-special-animal-crossing-new-leaf-nintendo-direct-today

https://www.twitch.tv/nintendouk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Animal Crossing New Leaf Direct tomorrow at 2pm UK, just in time for me, i ordered it this week :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-01-theres-a-special-animal-crossing-new-leaf-nintendo-direct-today

Is it DLC for the rest of us New Leaf owners? Or a free update?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Is it DLC for the rest of us New Leaf owners? Or a free update?

Ciderman as an expert in all things Nintendo, what's the appeal in animal crossing? I have it, put about 2 hours into it collecting sea shells and decided it was tripe. Please eloborate on the series and why I should give it another chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dogsavage

Animal crossing is a great game, draws you in, but its a slow burner!

Im curious as to the AC nintendo direct tomorrow!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

dogsavage wrote: »
    Animal crossing is a great game, draws you in, but its a slow burner!

Im curious as to the AC nintendo direct tomorrow!?

I don't get it what is it! There's no purpose too it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dogsavage

a relaxation sim is what i call it!
    its not anyway taxing on the mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

iamtony wrote: »
    Ciderman as an expert in all things Nintendo, what's the appeal in animal crossing? I have it, put about 2 hours into it collecting sea shells and decided it was tripe. Please eloborate on the series and why I should give it another chance!

It's an extremely slow burner that takes a long, long investment really. But then its not intended to be played for long sessions like a lot of gamers, its much better if you play it as 20-40 minutes a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

It's an extremely slow burner that takes a long, long investment really. But then its not intended to be played for long sessions like a lot of gamers, its much better if you play it as 20-40 minutes a day.

I too only put about 2 hours in before I put it back in the box and forgot about it in favour of other games, do your options on what you can do increase much as you get further in or is it still just selling apples and seashells to make a little money?also I only get like 3 streetpasses a year so do I miss out on much,so many of the NPC's keep talking about streetpass

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

EmcD123 wrote: »
    I too only put about 2 hours in before I put it back in the box and forgot about it in favour of other games, do your options on what you can do increase much as you get further in or is it still just selling apples and seashells to make a little money?also I only get like 3 streetpasses a year so do I miss out on much,so many of the NPC's keep talking about streetpass
    You can invite people on your Ninty friend list to play with you in your town or on the island, it had mini games. The street passes are just to get other people's houses, you can view them and buy 5 items a day from them.
    Not every game suits everyone, I don't see the fun in FPSs, it's not a big deal if it's not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is "Animal Crossing New Leaf" code for Switch?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is "Animal Crossing New Leaf" code for Switch?
    There's am update due to let Amiibo cards be used and some splatoon items too I think, can't remember if there's anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Santy will be bringing me it this year. I don't have any experience with it but it intrigues me, especially the paying off the mortgage bit. You know, for when I need an escape from paying off the mortgage.

Tom Nook is gonna own up to being the father of Tommy and Timmy rather than their uncle with a special gold (brass) amiibo to comemerate the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

3 weeks till Pokemon! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

EmcD123 wrote: »
    I too only put about 2 hours in before I put it back in the box and forgot about it in favour of other games

This is why Animal Crossing works well as a digital download. I end up playing it just to get rid of the notification light - and then pull some weeds, and then shake some trees, and then some fishing and then...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yeah, it's a 20 minutes a day game, not a 6 hour marathon once a week.
    There's a joke in there about Sting but I can't quite make it happen....

• Advertisement

Tom Nook is gonna own up to being the father of Tommy and Timmy rather than their uncle with a special gold (brass) amiibo to comemerate the occasion.

Tom Nook,
    the thieving git.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Banjo wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a 20 minutes a day game, not a 6 hour marathon once a week.
    There's a joke in there about Sting but I can't quite make it happen....

I got animal crossing in a sale on the eshop a while back, was very cheap at the time. Had a look at it for a bit but never went back to it.

Should I go back to it when the big update comes out? Will it really eat up my time? What makes animal crossing so appealing to so many people?

Also picked up Review: Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure at the weekend. Looking forward to starting that.

Animal Crossing... how do you explain it?
    Basically, it scratches that part of your gamer brain that chases down achievements and catches all the pokémon and buys horse armour DLC and owns multiple variant covers.

First you get all the tools. You start fishing and bug catching and fossil hunting to fill the museum and pay off your ever-creasing mortgage. And you house gets bigger so you need to decorate it and fill it. There are tonnes of bits of furniture to collect, wallpapers carpets. Meanwhile you start out just trying to get all the fruits, weeding out the non-fruit bearing trees. And all those records. And wait a sec - there are seasonal things to collect! And Tortimer's island games! And have you met all of the possible villagers? Or learned all the facial expressions? etc etc.

Basically, you just never run out of things to collect. And if collecting things is your deal, it gets beter - there are other Animal Crossing games - you can collect all of those and the consoles they run on. Sweet Reet Petite!

I'm so excited about the update!
    Maybe we could start an amiibo card trading thread on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I always get harvest moon and animal crossing mixed up!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Tom Nook,
    the thieving git.

Him and Bertie are the inspiration behind my username.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I watched the direct last night, looks like fun stuff.

I applied the ACNL update and booted it up, according to my noticeboard I have not checked more poor town since August of 2013(!!!).

I had no idea who or what was in my town, but a quick wander showed that it's what I expect all my animal crossing towns to eventually become (teeming with foreign fruit trees, and a house packed with Nintendo themed merch and furniture).

Looking at my achievements I have the badges for 50% bugs, 50% fish and (maybe?) 50% museum.

I'm tempted to just do the restart thing and cash in my town if Nook will buy it.

Anyone else have any thoughts and what they're gonna do with their town file now that this update dropped?

I only have one Amiibo, and that's Chibi Robo. Dunno if he'll be usable with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, downloaded it myself, and had a go. Felt bad with all the townsfolk giving out to me for being missing for so long, but at least I didn't have to weed the place!

Be interesting to see how long this one holds my interest. I've Nook building the new supar sekrit storage room for me (extortion!!!) and trying some of the daily tasks it assigns. Will have to get the Wii U / 3DS to play the mini games.

Haven't seen the direct - sounds like I've missed some cool stuff. But my daughters restarted the game recently, I'm not the mayor any more. Just the richest guy in town with all the hottest Alpacas. Not sure I could face yet another start-over.

• Advertisement

I got it recently but only played through the intro.
    I don't know... so many games demanding attention, do I really want to obsess about shell, fish and wallpaper?

Advertisement