Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I want to sell my town but I'll miss my bff, so I actually went away and paid through the nose for their Amiibo card and another villager I was hoping to get.
    I still want to get cards and swap, I want all the frogs! ...And Cookie.
    fe7.jpg
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I got it recently but only played through the intro.
    I don't know... so many games demanding attention, do I really want to obsess about shell, fish and wallpaper?
    Only if you want to. You could obsess with clothes instead like collect all the Hawaiian shirts. :pac:
    I only have one Amiibo, and that's Chibi Robo. Dunno if he'll be usable with this.
    Only the AC, Splatoon and Zelda amiibos work with it.

Be careful if you're selling your town, some people are deleting their town and Nook is offering the bells.
    http://kotaku.com/animal-crossing-players-are-accidentally-deleting-their-1788550429
    There's no definite set of things to make sure it happens, I read you need the storage extension and no debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Be careful if you're selling your town, some people are deleting their town and Nook is offering the bells.
    http://kotaku.com/animal-crossing-players-are-accidentally-deleting-their-1788550429
    There's no definite set of things to make sure it happens, I read you need the storage extension and no debt.

And have a level three town (judged by the size of your tree i think)

And have a level three town (judged by the size of your tree i think)
    How long before the jokes, there's a few A&R people here...
    That's good to know though, I played it for ages so should be a descent level

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I did like this :
    “For some, this might present an attractive option, but many players are finding that Nook never shows up to negotiate, and their town gets deleted in the process.”

This sounds exactly like something that this conniving bastard would do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Just seen a copy of Heart Gold in CeX for €75...lolwut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

marko93 wrote: »
    Just seen a copy of Heart Gold in CeX for €75...lolwut

Pokemon game prices been inflated for a while, even by Nintendo standards. Wait for the pokemon go/current pokemon bubble to burst.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Animal Crossing is a surprisingly good game to play while going temporarily blind in one eye. Dragon Questv VII is not. Damn slimes coming at me from everywhere on the screen. Bloody AI seems to know I've got a heightened blind side now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Animal Crossing is a surprisingly good game to play while going temporarily blind in one eye. Dragon Questv VII is not. Damn slimes coming at me from everywhere on the screen. Bloody AI seems to know I've got a heightened blind side now.

Snap! ive been enjoying them a lot this week too, i wasnt sure about animal crossing at all at the start but im loving it now, as someone said in the thread earlier its about playing for half an hour or so and coming back the next day. i want to give sweet isabell all the sea shells she wants! Dq 7 is fun too delighted to know that 8 is coming in spring really enjoying 7 at the moment.

If anyone is short fruit let me know or wants to go to the island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Is that a euphemism? If so, count me in, it's been a slow week!

Prime Federation Force... isn't good overall. Don't like it. I'd trade it in if I'd get a decent value for it.

Try Smyth's with Metroid should be more than CeX are offering

Just seen for Animal Crossing you need to be debt free before Nook shows up so pay your mortgage freeloaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Super Mario Maker 3DS Trailer (Japanese)

Looks cool hope Argos get it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks cool hope Argos get it.

Feck that, I hope I get it!

Argos is only place I can get my nintendo stuff now as Smyths in town has become to difficult to deal with and due to my health issues I can't travel too far even blanchardstown is too much at the moment, am hoping to start buying online soon so I won't have to deal with crap services or idiots in places, as the old saying goes for me at least, Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Argos is only place I can get my nintendo stuff now as Smyths in town has become to difficult to deal with and due to my health issues I can't travel too far even blanchardstown is too much at the moment, am hoping to start buying online soon so I won't have to deal with crap services or idiots in places, as the old saying goes for me at least, Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me!

Argos have always been great for pricing and service I've found - easily the best of b&m shops anyway.

Am I remembering correctly there's something about that 3DS version of Mario Maker - it doesn't let you share your levels online or download other folk's 3DS levels? You can only download some Wii-U generated stuff or Nintendo's own levels? Something like that I think.

Just on Mario Maker itself - if you're not interested in designing your own levels - are the ones from Nintendo (or whatever you can download) actually any fun to play? Any time I see videos like the above the levels look like a jumbled up mess. Curious if they actually play like a normal, well designed Mario level.

They might do a local access dual/multi cart link up for sharing levels as seen with the recent animal crossing update nintendo can do a lot with a 3ds game update.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

They might do a local access dual/multi cart link up for sharing levels as seen with the recent animal crossing update nintendo can do a lot with a 3ds game update.

Yeah they mentioned that alright - local sharing. But that assumes folks have actual real life friends, that game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

So Mario has a full set of fingers. Never knew. Presume his brother has too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pac1Man wrote: »
    So Mario has a full set of fingers. Never knew. Presume his brother has too.

I found this extremely amusing. It might be all the concerned food and drink but it mightn't be either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

At least the game won't be server dependent, meaning it will playable as long as you have a 3DS to play it on, as opposed to the WiiU title.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Hi

Does anyone know if there is plain old Donkey Kong game available for the DS ?

One without Mario or cart racing? Along the lines of the old eighties clam-shell handheld.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

sbs2010 wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know if there is plain old Donkey Kong game available for the DS ?

One without Mario or cart racing? Along the lines of the old eighties clam-shell handheld.

Thanks.

There's the Game Boy Donkey Kong and NES Donkey Kong Jr available on the 3DS Virtual Console if that's any help.

There's also Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D as a cart, but that's a remake of the Wii game and is essentially an updated version of the SNES platformers by Rare and wouldn't really be similar to the original games.

Is donkey kong SNES games available via New 3DS? I think one or two of them are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Is donkey kong SNES games available via New 3DS? I think one or two of them are.

As far as I know all 3 are.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

All 3, yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

hi all, i'm thinking of getting my wee girl a 3ds for xmas. After a very quick search online there seems to be a huge range of prices. How do you differentiate the new models from the old ones ?

(also could anyone point me towards a bargain?)

Advertisement