Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Gamestop apparently have the 2DS for 50 quid new with Mariokart or a 2D Mario Bros platformer. That's damned good money, especially if you bought an official 2DS case from HMV for 1 euro on spec over the summer. Still kicking myself...

Anyhoo, the 3DS comes in several flavours

3DS
    The original - often bundled with earlier games like Mariokart, New Super Mario Bros, Animal Crossing. Looks like a DS except it has a circular "slide pad" that acts as an analog joystick

3DS XL
    The same as the 3DS but with bigger screens (same resolution, just bigger) - better for bigger hands. More expensive.

2DS
    Like a 3DS that you just can't close. Cheaper that it's brothers, lacks the 3D function but otherwise pretty much the same.

New 3ds / n3ds
    Has new internals - so some demanding games like Hyrule Warriors or the new Pokemon run better. Has a new "nub" on the right that acts like a 2nd analog stick for camera control. Has removable top and bottom case covers so you can make it look super awesome inc. Screens are bigger than regular 3DS

N3DS XL
    Same as the n3DS but bigger again. Also, you can't swap the cover plates.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nintendo forum posters come in several flavours

Starlord
    The original, often bundled with mod instructions for naughty posters, loves Nintendo, hates spam.

Sligeach
    Loves Nintendo, only owns Nintendo, also thinks Nintendo is out to get him.... conflicted

Banjo
    Loves Nintendo, poster most likely to post a funny message upon the death of a loved one, cheering people up.

Robbingbandit
    Loves bargains, he knows where you live and is coming for your stuff

Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy
    Loves Nintendo and any game that includes the following: otherworldly menace, shopping malls of teenagers, frogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Can I be the Atari Lynx?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

CiDeRmAn - Loves retro games. Doesn't play the fire emblem games they buy. Thinks virtual boy was a good console.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy
    Loves Nintendo and any game that includes the following: otherworldly menace, shopping malls of teenagers, frogs.
    True.
    I got a great laugh reading that, thanks :D .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Banjo wrote: »
    Gamestop apparently have the 2DS for 50 quid new with Mariokart or a 2D Mario Bros platformer.

Not in my local they don't unfortunately, over 100 second hand. Did anyone see this for real I wonder? Would've made a handy present from Santa.

I didn't see any 2DS's for that price neither. I'd say thats Gamestop's bad communication though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nintendo forum posters come in several flavours

Starlord
    The original, often bundled with mod instructions for naughty posters, loves Nintendo, hates spam.

Sligeach
    Loves Nintendo, only owns Nintendo, also thinks Nintendo is out to get him.... conflicted

Banjo
    Loves Nintendo, poster most likely to post a funny message upon the death of a loved one, cheering people up.

Robbingbandit
    Loves bargains, he knows where you live and is coming for your stuff

Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

One of these days bang zoom straight to the moon.

I didn't see any 2DS's for that price neither. I'd say thats Gamestop's bad communication though.

If you do see them bagsie one for me sir.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

One of these days bang zoom straight to the moon.

• Advertisement

There are two ice blue 2ds pokemon bundles out on Wednesday the €50 deal may be a Brack Friday Bundlea that escaped early in gameslop. Game had a similar offer for £50 in the past week in the UK.

2DS are very fragile and come with a poor inner structure as the screen is one piece, I have broken 3 in the past 3 years (acts of autistic boobery) they are very difficult to have repaired off site, ninty warranty doesn't cover acts of Glob neither.

€50 would be a good price for a spare for poke trading and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"shopping mall of teenagers"?

I feel bad now that when I read "bang zoom", I first thought of that Charli XCX song "Boom Clap".
    Turns out I'm not as old as RobbingBandit or CiDeRmAn

Hey young whippersnapper I'm 114 years young dag nab it. Damn the Simpsons Family Guy Futurama Scrubs and so many other American shows for my love of Jackie Gleason. He's a hero for advocating domestic violence and I took this zinger one step too far didn't I. :o

CastorTroy wrote: »

I feel bad now that when I read "bang zoom", I first thought of that Charli XCX song "Boom Clap".
    Turns out I'm not as old as RobbingBandit or CiDeRmAn

*waves old gameboy stick at young person*

From that clip, I was thinking "Wow does John Goodman ever age?"
    Wait! He was Smokey?

And turns out I was born closer to The Honeymooners than I was to Charli's song (1981)

15107266_617117661804635_4666654622182473757_n.jpg?oh=cbe97069b217e3ae0ea3b5f93f069c08&oe=58D119E7

15095606_617117911804610_7464045030336873861_n.jpg?oh=d42b057c746920219c88c4113873f04d&oe=58CCCAF6

She's purdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not in my local they don't unfortunately, over 100 second hand. Did anyone see this for real I wonder? Would've made a handy present from Santa.

I picked up two last weekend for 59.99 each in Gamestop. The thing is that only the black/blue models are at that price.

It's quite a nice machine. It's built like a sandwich but it does everything you'd expect (apart from playing Xenoblade and SNES VC games).

Give Gamestop Clare Hall or Donaghmede a call. They always have the obscure stuff.

UPDATE: Liffey Street just got a big delivery, so pick up the blower and give it a shot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

robojet wrote: »
    I picked up two last weekend for 59.99 each in Gamestop. The thing is that only the black/blue models are at that price.

It's quite a nice machine. It's built like a sandwich but it does everything you'd expect (apart from playing Xenoblade and SNES VC games).

Give Gamestop Clare Hall or Donaghmede a call. They always have the obscure stuff.

UPDATE: Liffey Street just got a big delivery, so pick up the blower and give it a shot.

Which GS did you get the two in?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Which GS did you get the two in?

One in ******** and the other in ********. Best of luck!

I think its to do with Persona 3, (not so much 4 because you're in the countryside but he wouldn't know that). I was really excited for Tokyo Mirage too and the first dungeon is a mall AFAIK.
    I can't think of anything else.

• Advertisement

It's Persona, but also a slew of RPG's involving teenage relationship simulators.... also there may be demons and the occasional llama....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

15095606_617117911804610_7464045030336873861_n.jpg?oh=d42b057c746920219c88c4113873f04d&oe=58CCCAF6

That is one sweet lookin 3ds.

It's Persona, but also a slew of RPG's involving teenage relationship simulators.... also there may be demons and the occasional llama....
    If there a frog and or a ghost in it I'm happy out, the rest is only extras lol

There's a James Pond 3?

There's a James Pond 3?

Yeah, I think most people were past caring, after the brilliant second one, but they even brought out a cash in sports one too.

It really stank of the Amiga though, and found a popular home on the Megadrive, as a lot of Amiga stuff did.

The second one really is best, with the first one not so good and the third one trying too hard to be SMW

That us amazing!
    I forgot about FOR THE FROG THE BELL TOLLS! It reminds me, I wonder if Kaeru no Ehon has a translate, I bought it even though it's a completely Japanese rpg, because frogs *shrugs* I can't remember my logic

Just makes me think of this

I'm sure will hear it over the next month. :)

Frog and RPG talk equals Chronotrigger for me great theme and epic sword. Not so great alias in Glenn/Grenn if a SNES mini is ever made this game needs to be first on the list.

• Advertisement

We Looks enviously at Pokesun/moon New 3DS XL then casts thankful gaze upon ours Monster Hunter 4 New 3DS XL and sighs this is better so much better, we's loves our preciouses.

Advertisement