Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

We Looks enviously at Pokesun/moon New 3DS XL then casts thankful gaze upon ours Monster Hunter 4 New 3DS XL and sighs this is better so much better, we's loves our preciouses.

If the MH4U N3DS didn't have "MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE" written across it in ugly letters it would be literally perfect for me.

I wish I could scratch it off without ruining the look of my console.

Stylistically I like the way Pokemon went about it better (i.e. No words).

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Three days till pokemon right?

Looking forward to it, not much else on the 3DS holding my attention right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Launch date is 23rd according to the mails Ninty keep sending me.

Which means it's available through the eShop from Midnight on the 22nd.

In Germany.
    So unless I'm completely off base that's actually 11pm tomorrow night!

So, 1 day, 16 hours, 18 minutes to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

2 sleeps to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Preordered my Pokemon games on Amazon last week and noticed today that they wouldn't be dispatched until the 22nd and would arrive anything from 3-5 days after release.

Needless to say that preorder was promptly cancelled! I'll be picking them up from Argos Wednesday morning instead!

• Advertisement

CliCliW wrote: »
    Preordered my Pokemon games on Amazon last week and noticed today that they wouldn't be dispatched until the 22nd and would arrive anything from 3-5 days after release.

Needless to say that preorder was promptly cancelled! I'll be picking them up from Argos Wednesday morning instead!

Won't get your steelbooks though :(

I got one steelbook pre ordered from Gamestop, one from amazon with Prime, so I won't miss out on launch date.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos had the steel boxes in catalogue a few weeks ago but I fear they're go the same way as the NES Mini

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

I'm not too worried about steel books, much as I do think they look great I don't really want to spend the extra bit on both for a box that'll probably sit empty on a shelf! I'm still holding out hope for the NES mini to come into argos so we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Tried to order from the Ninty site, I wanted to pre order the Sanrio amiibo cards, used Address Pal because I heard Parcel Motel won't worth, cancelled because it's a PO Box.
    I'm going to try with DPD instead, if it doesn't work, any ideas?

Tried to order from the Ninty site, I wanted to pre order the Sanrio amiibo cards, used Address Pal because I heard Parcel Motel won't worth, cancelled because it's a PO Box.
    I'm going to try with DPD instead, if it doesn't work, any ideas?

Parcel motel will work, you just have to keep trying.

• Advertisement

CliCliW wrote: »
    I'm not too worried about steel books, much as I do think they look great I don't really want to spend the extra bit on both for a box that'll probably sit empty on a shelf! I'm still holding out hope for the NES mini to come into argos so we'll see!

I'm less inclined to trade in the steel boxed versions that's why I want them.

Well they don't actually come in a steelbook per se. You get the games in standard cases, and the steelbooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The steelbook was only an extra £2 on Amazon. And if you tire of it you can sell it in 3-6 months for €20, just like with Fire Emblem. Win Win!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Parcel motel will work, you just have to keep trying.
    Good to know, I hadn't ordered before, I tried dpd since its not really a po box or comes to the door, seems to have worked anyway

Just got Pokemon Sun in CeX for €42 enjoy waiting suckas, woooo hoooo

Member of this site 5 plus years and still can't add a picture.

200_s.gif

Can't post too excited.

Can't post too excited.

You are being severely judged just so you know.

Was on the shelf bought in yesterday anyone paying close attention could have bought it if you had just believed. There are many here among us who resent me for my magpie like abilities to swoop in on things like this, I dare you all to lynch me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Did well to get it for 42, seeing as how Cex sell it for 55.

Nice one Moon was €55 earlier sun must have went up since I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Yeah, Sun was showing as €42 on their website last night.

Am just about home now so I'll be playing it by 9 I hope, cex prices go up all the time on new items, I got lucky.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Might nip in and trade my Pokemon Soul Silver.... seems to be good money and I don't play it.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Might nip in and trade my Pokemon Soul Silver.... seems to be good money and I don't play it.

I'll happily take it off for... €40? (1 euro more than cex)

Lot of cut scenes in Sun, feels like an RPG so far more than any other pokegame I've played. Nice music the characters are weird. Played about 1 hour so far.

15216140_618781918304876_248581230_o.jpg?oh=e5275b13104cc5ad4f09f7b988abebca&oe=58373BEB

And it only took 300 hours, hooray.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I don't recall getting one of those...

Spent the summer working up a living dex in Pokemon Bank so I only have like 130 to catch now for next national dex completion.

• Advertisement

Smyths in Jervis and blanch both said the steel box versions will be very limited in the morning on click and collect, hope Argos has some as I want a Moon if not I'll go for a 2ds with moon.

Advertisement