Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

I've about 15 euro on my e-shop account, so I suppose I'll have to wait and save the full amount :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo wrote: »
    Bizarrely it's not the MM n3DSXL, it's metallic blue.

More bizarrely, the listing doesn't mention the Skullkid Statue OR the AC Adapter in the picture
    And it suggests that you get the UK Special edition with the poster and pin badge
    Still, eyes peeled for the Ninty Store if you're looking for interesting (if unpredictable) bundles.

On the Ninty store they have the proper one listed, just ordered mine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

marko93 wrote: »
    I have a question, if I was to format my 3ds completely and bring it into say CEX to trade for money so I can preorder one of these, is there any harm in that, would I stand to lose anything?

Your saves and purchases on the eshop.
    My information might be out of date with NNID now, but your saves will be gone for sure.
    Not saying cartridge saves, I think some save to SD but the vast majority don't.

I'd you're buying and trading in at the same time in a shop, they should let you do the transfer if you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Info on the nintendo page states a 4gb transfer will take about 2 hours, gamestop generally don't have instore wifi neither do smyths.

There is a tool on the eshop for exporting saves from a cart to a downloaded version of games I used it for both Mario Golf and Mario Kart a while back when I got downloaded versions of them free for registering OR and a 2DS. Got Mario Kart free with the 2DS the tool is dead handy.

• Advertisement

Info on the nintendo page states a 4gb transfer will take about 2 hours, gamestop generally don't have instore wifi neither do smyths.

There is a tool on the eshop for exporting saves from a cart to a downloaded version of games I used it for both Mario Golf and Mario Kart a while back when I got downloaded versions of them free for registering OR and a 2DS. Got Mario Kart free with the 2DS the tool is dead handy.

Don't think you would need to transfer that much! If you have an SD card in, everything should be installed on that. If not, data management may allow you to move them to SD card. Take out the SD card, do the transfer, pop it in the new console, job done!

I know some GameStops let people pay full price for the console, take it home, do the transfer, then bring back the old 3DS they're trading in for the trade-in-against-a-new-console price refund.

Not sure maybe if some of the he grudgingly posts lucky people that have gotten an ambassador console have already done a transfer they can say how it went it should be the same for the xl.

Anyone know yet if the Monster Hunter XL is pre-installed or is it a cart, my eyes are fecked so I can't make it out on any of the screen shots I have seen so far.

Pre-installed on the boxes I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

The New 3DSs are on Smyths website now. €195 for the regular and €230 for the XL. No special editions up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Assuming gamestop price match, 230. Hopefully a nice bundle with majoras mask for 260.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    Assuming gamestop price match, 230. Hopefully a nice bundle with majoras mask for 260.

It'll probably be €275 at least.

... meh. Whatever. Make it simple.

Just to clarify, I meant €275 for the limited editions.
    The plain N3DSXL will probably be around €230-240.

Oh ok. I've decided to skip the limited majoras mask console, can't be bothered going to Game for it or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Star Lord wrote: »
    Don't think you would need to transfer that much! If you have an SD card in, everything should be installed on that. If not, data management may allow you to move them to SD card. Take out the SD card, do the transfer, pop it in the new console, job done!

You can't do that. The new 3ds has a micro SD slot, not an SD.

When I did the transfer from my 3DS to my 3DSXL I remember it took quite a while, about 2 hours. But I didn't have a huge amount on it. I have a 16GB card now and I have way more on it now

It also requires a screwdriver to take the thing off to change SD cards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Given the price quoted within the Ambassador edition bundle listing for a New 3DS was €169.99, can we expect this at retail next month?
    I'm after the regular device, no need for the bigger XL just yet, though I'll have it by years end.
    Gotta have 'em all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Majorca's mask edition is already sold out on the nintendo store chances of us getting it are slim to none is say.

Did I see mentioned here that you can't buy from the uk nintendo store from Ireland without having a shipping address in the uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

iamtony wrote: »
    Majorca's mask edition is already sold out on the nintendo store chances of us getting it are slim to none is say.

Did I see mentioned here that you can't buy from the uk nintendo store from Ireland without having a shipping address in the uk?

Crap, had it in my cart in work earlier but was too indecisive and didn't order.

I've received stuff from the nintendo store through PM before.

Gamestop have the special edition of the game up for sale so maybe they'll get the console

https://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo%203DS/Games/47132/the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask-special-edition

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

The special edition of the game (Majora's Mask) is also available to order on the French Amazon sight for €55.........But I guess it could be in French!

http://www.amazon.fr/Legend-Zelda-Majoras-%C3%A9dition-collector/dp/B00S84UAIM/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1421353700&sr=8-13&keywords=majora

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

bkrangle wrote: »
    The special edition of the game (Majora's Mask) is also available to order on the French Amazon sight for €55.........But I guess it could be in French!

http://www.amazon.fr/Legend-Zelda-Majoras-%C3%A9dition-collector/dp/B00S84UAIM/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1421353700&sr=8-13&keywords=majora

Great price! I'd imagine the game is the same across Europe with language options? It works out at just over €61 with tax and postage, even if it was in French it'd be worth learning the language for that money! :D

Bloody Amazon have everything except a .ie site we are a tax haven for evil corporations they should come and stay a while and bring all these lovely exclusive editions of games for us all to buy.

I'm gonna wait this out for Argos to show what they're gonna do regarding these consoles might be a while so I'm gonna put a deposit down in game in Belfast on Sunday on a Monster Hunter Bundle, that gold is too ostentatious for my liking.

Amazon aren't selling it yet :p except the overpriced import consoles.

The box for Zelda may well be in French, yesterday in CeX in town I seen an Italian Pokemon Alpha Sapphire on their shelf. The cart had Eur, generally they come in the five main languages, English, French, German, Spanish and Italian on the cart if it states Eur you get the option to choose the language with English being the default.

28 days and we get to see Clock Town again and again and well you get the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

bloody scalpers on ebay for riducious price for the MMxl and statues between 350 and 580 euros! people are gona get pissed off with nintendo pretty soon with their limited stock lately including the adapter fiasco which still isnt even sorted yet.

Get one now for €8.99 before they slap New on it and charge €15 or more.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1071148

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

3DS XL Monster Hunter Edition is 229 on Amazon.fr.... so tempted.

I was torn between the MH4U edition and the LoZ:MM edition. The addition of the Skull Kid statue pushed me over the edge for the MM one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

gubbie wrote: »
    You can't do that. The new 3ds has a micro SD slot, not an SD.

When I did the transfer from my 3DS to my 3DSXL I remember it took quite a while, about 2 hours. But I didn't have a huge amount on it. I have a 16GB card now and I have way more on it now

I currently have everything on my regular XL. When I get the MM special eiditon (digital download of the game). Will I have to bring everything to the 4gb micro in the New 3DS XL so that I have MM downloaded there, and then transfer the whole lot to my new 16gb micro sd?

Advertisement