Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

When you start up Animal Crossing, right after you choose the profile, you can tell Isabelle you're not ready to start and she'll give you some things you can do - one of them is to change the time and date for you and it doesn't affect system time and date.

Edit : and that offset is permanent, until you tell her to change the time and date again. So if you set it to 11:30am Saturday at 1:30pm on a Monday, the game is permanently 2 days and 2 hours behind system time.

Note: Changing the System time and date may affect your ability to play that day's Pokemon Picross training for 11 picrites!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Banjo wrote: »
    When you start up Animal Crossing, right after you choose the profile, you can tell Isabelle you're not ready to start and she'll give you some things you can do - one of them is to change the time and date for you and it doesn't affect system time and date.

Note: Changing the System time and date may affect your ability to play that day's Pokemon Picross training for 11 picrites!

Yes! It is precisely because of Picross as well that I choose to put the actual system time back, rather than just the Animal Crossing internal clock, gives me a little more time to do it before bed if I'm arsed that day.

Also it's 13 Picrites for me, you nub :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

How is sun better?

White Vulpix, the great white hope.

Yes! It is precisely because of Picross as well that I choose to put the actual system time back, rather than just the Animal Crossing internal clock, gives me a little more time to do it before bed if I'm arsed that day.

Also it's 13 Picrites for me, you nub :P

It's actually only 9 Picrites for me, 'cause I can't beat 5 levels in 2 minutes very often, but I wanted you to think I was cool :'(

White Vulpix does look gorgeous but I just caught something that looks like a dead vagina with 2 carrots stuck to it. I'm evolving this beauty all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Breener122

Ive put 36 hours into Pokémon moon and i haven't even caught the legendary/beat the elite 4 yet. Best Pokémon games since Heartgold and soulsilver.

• Advertisement

36 hours? So you're nearly finished the tutorial?

POKÉ-BURN!

Pokémon Moon's tutorial, what's up with that? It makes Monster Hunter Generations look like a f***ing tweet. Am I right? huh? huh? Is this thing on?

Is it just me or does Alolan Rattata look like the child Monica from friends would have had if she'd stayed with Tom Selleck? amirite?

Hey, how is Alola like a Doors reunion tour? No gyms!
    (5 karma points to anyone who can work the word "Manzarek" into that punchline, I've tried and been found wanting...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Hey, how is Alola like a Doors reunion tour? No gyms! (5 karma points to anyone who can work the word "Manzarek" into that punchline, I've tried and been found wanting...)

No gyms. Manzarek.

This good?

It's actually only 9 Picrites for me, 'cause I can't beat 5 levels in 2 minutes very often, but I wanted you to think I was cool :'(

White Vulpix does look gorgeous but I just caught something that looks like a dead vagina with 2 carrots stuck to it. I'm evolving this beauty all the way.

I won't lie, for a big chunk of the beginning of Picross, I'd home screen out and load the notes section to be able to do the daily training in under 2 mins.

At a certain point I decided I wasn't arsed to spent more of my real life time for those 2 extra Picrites, I was content to just roll those dice and fail.

Eventually though I was able to do it in around 1:40 pretty consistently.

I got to near 999 picrites recently because I was only doing the daily training and nothing else, but I spent that down opening some new areas recently because I wasn't sure if it would cap out at 999 or go into the thousands.

In Pokeymans I just finished the first trial. I haven't caught any dead vaginas, but I am doing what I always do with new pokemon: Playing blind with all three starters. I don't know any of the pokemon in this game, or what anything evolves into, so that's fun.

My rule for new games is also to only use new pokemon, no old stuff (I put this rule in place when I realised I was using Alakazam and Gengar in basically every generation; like a warm comforting blanket made of poison gas and spoons). So my team will be the 3 starters + 3 new guys.

The Alola forms are kind confusing me on this front. I have the weird new Fat Mustache Rattata and Sexual Deviant Meowth, I'm kinda curious to see what they evolve into, but I might just leave them off in favour of 100% new stuff.

Pikipek is putting in the work for me and seems quite strong, and I also found a Crab with boxing gloves hiding in a berry pile that I instantly fell in love with because of how stupid it looked.

I'm levelling up Yungoos as well, but since it already saw what the evolved form looks like in my cave trial, I feel unlikely to keep a weasel on my team that looks like Donald Trump.
    36 hours? So you're nearly finished the tutorial?

POKÉ-BURN!

Pokémon Moon's tutorial, what's up with that? It makes Monster Hunter Generations look like a f***ing tweet. Am I right? huh? huh? Is this thing on?

Is it just me or does Alolan Rattata look like the child Monica from friends would have had if she'd stayed with Tom Selleck? amirite?

Hey, how is Alola like a Doors reunion tour? No gyms!
    (5 karma points to anyone who can work the word "Manzarek" into that punchline, I've tried and been found wanting...)

I laughed.

To be fair, MHGens tutorial is pretty much "Kthxbye". Which is great if you wanted to just get going, but a little disappointing if you thought the game might have a plot or teach you any of the inpenetrably unintuitive mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

The Alola forms are kind confusing me on this front. I have the weird new Fat Mustache Rattata and Sexual Deviant Meowth, I'm kinda curious to see what they evolve into, but I might just leave them off in favour of 100% new stuff.

Pikipek is putting in the work for me and seems quite strong, and I also found a Crab with boxing gloves hiding in a berry pile that I instantly fell in love with because of how stupid it looked.

I am also a big fan of stupid looking pokemon, glad to see this is how other people arrange their teams too!

...like a warm comforting blanket made of poison gas and spoons
    Much giggles :)

I was really disappointed to find that Yungoose isn't a prevolution of Zangoose.

WAIT! I've got it! Pokemon MOON is like a Doors reunion tour - No Jims, No Ray's!
    Rays! From the sun! FROM THE SUN!
    ahthankyuh, ahthankyuh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Much giggles :)

I was really disappointed to find that Yungoose isn't a prevolution of Zangoose.

WAIT! I've got it! Pokemon MOON is like a Doors reunion tour - No Jims, No Ray's!
    Rays! From the sun! FROM THE SUN!
    ahthankyuh, ahthankyuh!
    You're like Dr Shunk irl

Just caught Abra twice who wants to fcuking touch me!!!!¡!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Just caught Abra twice who wants to fcuking touch me!!!!¡!!!!!!

Merrion Square? I'm definitely heading there to check it out after work tomorrow. I have 100 Ultra Balls ready for them.

Hatched an Abra and a Koffing, which gave me enough for a Weezing. Up to 137 in the pokedex so not far to go now.

I have mixed feeling about the nearby/sightings. Where I live I'm close enough to 4 pokestops that it could be useful. It does show a 5th which would take me 10-15 minutes to walk to. I was visiting friends in Donegal 2 weeks ago and the map screen showed nothing but roads, no gyms, no pokestops, they live in the middle of nowhere. So for them the new system would be terrible if it's active.

Showing both and swiping between them seems like it would be perfect.

brianomc wrote: »
    Merrion Square? I'm definitely heading there to check it out after work tomorrow. I have 100 Ultra Balls ready for them.

Hatched an Abra and a Koffing, which gave me enough for a Weezing. Up to 137 in the pokedex so not far to go now.

I have mixed feeling about the nearby/sightings. Where I live I'm close enough to 4 pokestops that it could be useful. It does show a 5th which would take me 10-15 minutes to walk to. I was visiting friends in Donegal 2 weeks ago and the map screen showed nothing but roads, no gyms, no pokestops, they live in the middle of nowhere. So for them the new system would be terrible if it's active.

Showing both and swiping between them seems like it would be perfect.

wrong thread, caught a go abra outside McDonald's in phibsborough, the abra in sun likes to
    Teleport as soon as it can, use gastly with quick claw and mean look to catch the bugger.

So in the space of what, 12 hours? you've gone from "I swear I will only use the new pokémon" to "I'm using Gen 1 Ghastly to catch a Gen 1 Abra while riding on the back of an overgrown Caterpie!" ???

Ever since you got that Steel book, you've changed man....

Edit (Oh wait, that was UPB.)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

wrong thread, caught a go abra outside McDonald's in phibsborough, the abra in sun likes to
    Teleport as soon as it can, use gastly with quick claw and mean look to catch the bugger.

I was wondering where my post disappeared to on the other thread. Whoops.

Haven't caught an Abra yet in Sun either though. Saw one but he bailed after 1 ball. Used Meowth with Fake Out which brought him to a catchable level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

What's the easiest way to get mynintendo points? There's a discount for Persona Q at the moment but its 250 coins and I have like 30.

Platinum / Miitomo points :
    Look near your Mii at the top of the page. Is there a coin on the ground or a present in their hand? Click it for your 30 weekly points. Then scroll to the very bottom of the page and click the Mario brick in the bottom left. If you've never clicked it before you get some more points.

tie your NNID to your MyNintendo account. 100 points! Then link FB, Google+ and Twitter for 10 pts each.

Install MiiVerse on your phone. Link it to Facebook, Twitter etc, answer 3 questions, make a friend or two - DONE!
    Link Miitomo to Nintendo account - 100
    Link to FB - 100
    Link to Twitter - 100
    Add friend - 100
    3 answers - 5 points (do this daily)
    Answer QotD - 2 points (daily)
    Answer question in "question central" - 3 points daily
    Post in Style Central - 5 points daily
    Send friend a message - 5 points daily
    Get 5 likes on an answer - 10 points (daily)
    Get 5 comments on an answer - 10 points (daily)

If you can't make a friend in short order, log into MiiVerse on any platform and the eShop from a 3DS or Wii U. 60 points between them each week. Also, sign up for emails for another 10 points a month.

Gold poiints : Buy something. It's the only way.

So in the space of what, 12 hours? you've gone from "I swear I will only use the new pokémon" to "I'm using Gen 1 Ghastly to catch a Gen 1 Abra while riding on the back of an overgrown Caterpie!" ???

You wrong me Mr Guitar I am many things to many people but a changed man is not one.

Platinum / Miitomo points :

Cheers, got the discount from linking my social accounts

• Advertisement

Hahaha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Mario maker is pretty awesome, awful shame you can't upload levels, what's the chances of an update sorting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

iamtony wrote: »
    Mario maker is pretty awesome, awful shame you can't upload levels, what's the chances of an update sorting it?

Not very much. They're not keen on the idea apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Not very much. They're not keen on the idea apparently.

That sucks, hopefully the criticism will help nudge them. I can't understand why they can't do it easily surely the street pass level uploads are basically the same thing, if not harder to do for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I was torn between Mario maker and pokemon but am hearing lots of negatives about Mario maker so looks like Pokemon. Speaking of which anyone know the cheapest place to get it, Ireland or UK.

Argos for €38.99 seems cheapest but very little stock of sun.

Has anyone played rhythm thief? I was going to give a copy of it I never played to my 8-year old niece but it says it rated 12? From the demo I can't think of anything that could be unsuitable for an 8 year old but I thought I'd see if someone who played the full game knows more.

far as I remember there are a couple of fights that use rhythm games to bop the baddies but I don't think it's explicit or terribly affecting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Maybe they worry that the game may cause her to become a rhythm thief herself, with the resultant certain conviction and a stain on her permanent record.
    On the other hand, all that experience with the music could result in a different career pathway...

• Advertisement

I didn't get very far in Rhythm Thief, but as Banjo said there is a game where knights bounce at you, and you have to slap them away in tune to music. So it's mild violence, but VERY mild.

If you have your own 3DS, this sequence is in the demo so you can check it out for yourself.

Advertisement