Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

In CeX I can use my super secret rainman autistic economics to get it cheaper.

Buying skyrim in smyths & trading it in against it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

sweetie wrote: »
    Buying skyrim in smyths & trading it in against it?

Nope Skyrim is only worth €32 credit, plus it's a secret...

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I'm intrigued!

Subscribe to my newsletter, it's mostly pro trump propaganda with the words Screw Flanders repeated 55,000 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Subscribe to my newsletter, it's mostly pro trump propaganda with the words Screw Flanders repeated 55,000 times.
    Just send €5 to Happy Dude, 742 Evergreen Terrace

Nah just send it to Jebus, c/o the pentagon.

Anyone know how to contact ninty my pokebank is broken and Id kinda like to use it again soon. Email and facebook didn't work so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Nah just send it to Jebus, c/o the pentagon.

Anyone know how to contact ninty my pokebank is broken and Id kinda like to use it again soon. Email and facebook didn't work so far.

Give to a pikmin to deliver.

Swap thread is pretty dead round these parts, I have Fire Emblem Awakenings and Animal Crossing New Leaf to swap am looking for Pokemon X, Zelda Majoras Mask or Mario Maker 3D for either one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

My aunt wants to get a 3ds XL for Christmas for her son, checking online, looks like they are sold out everywhere. Has this been the case for a while? Are they like gold dust?

CeX second hand you get a 2 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

After questioning whether I should get a 3DS XL, I decided to plunge and get one as an early gift from me to me. :pac:

Also bought the Phoenix Wright trilogy. Such a simple concept for a game but by god it is addictive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

That_Guy wrote: »
    After questioning whether I should get a 3DS XL, I decided to plunge and get one as an early gift from me to me. :pac:

Also bought the Phoenix Wright trilogy. Such a simple concept for a game but by god it is addictive.
    200_s.gif
    When you finish the third one tell me :) it's just amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

General 3DS question. I have a 3DS with some digital games. I don't use it really anymore, but can I wipe the 3DS and remove the games, and redownload them if I get an XL next year. The games are tied to an NNID.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

chrislad wrote: »
    General 3DS question. I have a 3DS with some digital games. I don't use it really anymore, but can I wipe the 3DS and remove the games, and redownload them if I get an XL next year. The games are tied to an NNID.

I don't believe so.

No you need to do a system transfer nintendo don't have a cloud service unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Hey guys,

Decided to get myself a 3DS XL as my Christmas present to myself, only I'm stuck on which to get between the Metallic Black and Pearl White versions. Hoping people might chime in and help me decide.

Head is saying Black will wear better and the dark screen border will accent the screen, while heart is saying the White looks really great in all the videos I've seen. I've had both dark and light Nintendo handhelds before and admittedly I prefer the dark ones with retrospect. I'd actually buy the lime green version if it was available because my first Gameboy Color was lime green.

Do Gamestop do display models? I know GAME used to have a couple of unboxed handhelds behind the counter for customers to have a look at but sadly they're gone.

Cheers for any help,
    Zeit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've 3DS models with a black surround and with the white, you'd imagine it makes a difference but it doesn't really.
    I'd go for the I've that pleases the eye tbh.

As for display models, there are some stands on the likes of some Smyth's shops but they are not as common as they once were.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd always go with the darker ones, as they don't tend to get as grubby looking as the white ones.

No you need to do a system transfer nintendo don't have a cloud service unfortunately.

I could transfer to my sons 3DS but he doesn't have a big enough card. Does it try to transfer the content or just the licenses and then redownload?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Any good bargain 3DS games worth picking up for the kids. Preferably in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Nintendo support can move your NNID from one console bind to another. They have a form they'll send out, it asks for
    • your full name,
    • NNID,
    • NNID e-mail,
    • Date of Birth,
    • the Serial Number of the handset your NNID is currently bound to,
    • whether it's a 3DS or Wii U,
    • the reason you want to switch and
    • 3 recent purchases.
    I've had this sorted for me within 24 hours in the past.

This will move the game licenses over so you can download them again.

This process will NOT move your save games over - they are hard-coded to the serial of your old console. You will lose all Save Data.

You will also lose all Streetpass data, including puzzles, Quests, gold pants Iwata (they shall now forever sparkle at the right hand of Arceus) or anything else in the Plaza. That's stored on the consoles memory far as I can tell.

A lot of recent games create save data on the SD. This is an odd one. I know that MH:4 does that, but I don't think it cares if you move the cart to another system, the saves still worked for me. So you'd need to look into whether or not this will affect a specific game.

If you move your SD from one 3DS to another, even after an NNID rebind by Nintendo Support, you will NOT be able to play or even see the games on that SD. After using the SD in the 2nd 3DS you could open it up on a PC and see the way the directory structure forks. Even if you copy the contents of 1 3DS's folder to the other, the games have been convolved with the original console's serial so you still can't use them. If you redownload a game and try to copy the game data across, the save will appear corrupt and be deleted. I think you can get away with moving free DLC across, I'm pretty sure I managed to get all my DOA costumes back, but it was years ago...

So there you go. If you're a pokemon player don't do this until you have banked every single pokemon you've caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I need help, maybe someone has a good idea: My son has a 2DS and lost his Stylus, this little pen thingy. He'll get the new Pokemon at Christmas, therefore he'll play a lot. Currently he's using mine but I want mine back after Christmas since I also wanna continue with Pokemon after all the fuss.
    Does anyone have an idea where to get a Stylus in Dublin City centre, preferably today, so my man can pick it up after work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Banjo wrote: »
    Nintendo support can move your NNID from one console bind to another. They have a form they'll send out, it asks for
    • your full name,
    • NNID,
    • NNID e-mail,
    • Date of Birth,
    • 3 recent purchases.

My god, those last two questions! How about you mind your own fecking business?!

They sit well behind MS and Sony in terms of their online convenience and yet they have the cheek to ask you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

LirW wrote: »
    I need help, maybe someone has a good idea: My son has a 2DS and lost his Stylus, this little pen thingy. He'll get the new Pokemon at Christmas, therefore he'll play a lot. Currently he's using mine but I want mine back after Christmas since I also wanna continue with Pokemon after all the fuss.
    Does anyone have an idea where to get a Stylus in Dublin City centre, preferably today, so my man can pick it up after work?

Can hardly order a €1 5-Pack off eBay and make do with toothpicks until they arrive :p

If you can get to Argos in Nutgrove, and you have €15, let him keep your stylus. You don't need it any more.
    http://checkargos.com/product/5725081

• your full name,
    • NNID,
    • NNID e-mail,
    • Date of Birth,
    • 3 recent purchases.
    I've had this sorted for me within 24 hours in the past.

This will move the game licenses over so you can download them again.

This process will NOT move your save games over - they are hard-coded to the serial of your old console. You will lose all Save Data.

You will also lose all Streetpass data, including puzzles, Quests, gold pants Iwata (they shall now forever sparkle at the right hand of Arceus) or anything else in the Plaza. That's stored on the consoles memory far as I can tell.

A lot of recent games create save data on the SD. This is an odd one. I know that MH:4 does that, but I don't think it cares if you move the cart to another system, the saves still worked for me. So you'd need to look into whether or not this will affect a specific game.

If you move your SD from one 3DS to another, even after an NNID rebind by Nintendo Support, you will NOT be able to play or even see the games on that SD. After using the SD in the 2nd 3DS you could open it up on a PC and see the way the directory structure forks. Even if you copy the contents of 1 3DS's folder to the other, the games have been convolved with the original console's serial so you still can't use them. If you redownload a game and try to copy the game data across, the save will appear corrupt and be deleted. I think you can get away with moving free DLC across, I'm pretty sure I managed to get all my DOA costumes back, but it was years ago...

So there you go. If you're a pokemon player don't do this until you have banked every single pokemon you've caught.

It's really a pain. I assume that a system transfer will do all this without me needing to ring Nintendo? I'm not pushed about save games.

Could I transfer them back once I get a new XL console next year? There's no NNID on my sons console.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

If you can get to Argos in Nutgrove, and you have €15, let him keep your stylus. You don't need it any more.
    http://checkargos.com/product/5725081

Made a reservation on exactly that pack, gonna pick it up later :)

It's really a pain. I assume that a system transfer will do all this without me needing to ring Nintendo? I'm not pushed about save games.

Could I transfer them back once I get a new XL console next year? There's no NNID on my sons console.

System transfer moves the license over from the source console to the target, then transfers your data across I think, before finally wiping the source console. Which would explain why it takes so effing long.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Anyone ordered off amazon.it? Are they in English? Only place I can finnd one with a guarantee'd delivery date, Game stop are a heap of ****

You can do a system transfer once every 7 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Anybody know where i can find the Bravely Default to buy? Seem to be rare for some reason? Am i going to have to pay alot for them? :(

Advertisement