Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

nix wrote: »
    Anybody know where i can find the Bravely Default to buy? Seem to be rare for some reason? Am i going to have to pay alot for them? :(

45 on Cex?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

45 on Cex?

Out of stock

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bravely Default does seem expensive, which is a pity.
    I picked it up on holiday in 2015, at a French hypermarket, only about €20 or so, but even on Amazon.fr it seems to be costing €40 or so before shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm quite enjoying Mario Maker 3D. Mainly the premade courses included on the cart though. Don't seem to streetpass as many people these days, so I don't know how I'd go about exchanging courses.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I suppose, the one thing that the decision to make it streetpass only has done is it has freed the 3DS Super Mario Maker from dependence on a server, which the WiiU edition depends on.
    It's still of no use if no one you interact with plays the game, it would be infinitely better if they allowed you to import codes from online sources, perhaps import via email or something, but then that would make it harder to curate and you might have a proliferation of obscene courses, full of willys and b00bs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pocket Card Jockey should not work as a concept for a game but by god it is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Pocket Card Jockey should not work as a concept for a game but by god it is amazing.
    Glad to see someone else liking it too, the blog The Gay Gamer that I follow I think picked it as game of the year or St least one of them

Glad to see someone else liking it too, The Gay Gamer that I follow I think picked it as game of the year or St least one of them

I'm a bit rubbish at it but it's tricky trying to find the balance to conserve energy and moving up in the field.

Looked up briefly on the bus home this morning and saw someone looking at me playing it with a "what the hell is that?" look on their face. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Anyone know when Nintendo usually send out more stock? Looking to get my hands on a N3DS for the missus but it's proving extremely hard to find new stock.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm a bit rubbish at it but it's tricky trying to find the balance to conserve energy and moving up in the field.

Looked up briefly on the bus home this morning and saw someone looking at me playing it with a "what the hell is that?" look on their face. :pac:
    I keep forgetting where the Ace goes, usually it can be 1 as well isn't it ? but it's not in this game.
    I often travel around and always imagine someone saying "the **** is that game" most of the time on a bus. Definitely PCJ is probably the most unusual unless I think of a better one later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Anyone know when Nintendo usually send out more stock? Looking to get my hands on a N3DS for the missus but it's proving extremely hard to find new stock.

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_5?k=new+3ds&sprefix=new+3

I ordered from Amazon.fr on Xmas eve, had it in my hands the next Thursday. I got the orange and black one for €192 including postage costs but I see that one is gone up in price now. The rest are at very reasonable prices. Remember, you need to by a separate charger also

Keep away from Amazon.co.uk. they seem to have all systems prices sky high for the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_5?k=new+3ds&sprefix=new+3

I ordered from Amazon.fr on Xmas eve, had it in my hands the next Thursday. I got the orange and black one for €192 including postage costs but I see that one is gone up in price now. The rest are at very reasonable prices. Remember, you need to by a separate charger also

Keep away from Amazon.co.uk. they seem to have all systems prices sky high for the past few months.

Been keeping an eye on the fr and de sites for the regular N3DS. She has quite small hands so not quite sure if an XL would be the best form factor. Will go with it if needs be though. Is the console in English? I presume the box would be French and console would have language select, games still work for all EU countries right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye on the fr and de sites for the regular N3DS. She has quite small hands so not quite sure if an XL would be the best form factor. Will go with it if needs be though. Is the console in English? I presume the box would be French and console would have language select, games still work for all EU countries right?

Yup the box is in French but the system is in English. You select what language you'd like at the start of the set up.

I can understand the xl being too big but the screen is just so much better, that's coming from the standard n3ds recently. Maybe check the xl out in Smyths toy store to see how big it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Got the demo from Pocket Card Jockey after a few people here recommended it. I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing yet, but it is strangely addictive! Can definitely see myself buying the full version!

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Got the demo from Pocket Card Jockey after a few people here recommended it. I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing yet, but it is strangely addictive! Can definitely see myself buying the full version!
    I read an article on it did the same, played the demo and then bought it, not expensive, think it's 6.99.
    It's like tamako from Simpsons lol jkjk. It's such a strange game, I don't think you'll ever understand what you're doing.
    I only played it a bit, my horse is called Haunty Beour I think

I only played it a bit, my horse is called Haunty Beour I think

I went for 'She's D Fastest'.

Simpsons reference. ;)

The tutorial is very long and detailed, but at least its funny enough to keep it entertaining. Still, there are numbers floating around after each race that I don't understand the significance of, and even some race mechanics I don't get.

But still, it's just so much fun, so even if I never really fully get it, I'm happy to keep playing! The 3DS is such a great device, so many little gems tucked away amongst the countless amazing big releases.

Still, there are numbers floating around after each race that I don't understand the significance of, and even some race mechanics I don't get.
    Is it the fire power for the last stretch you mean?

Is it the fire power for the last stretch you mean?

Yeah, and I'm also the Enthusiasm. I'm sure I'll figure it out in time (but any tips/pointers would be appreciated!)

Yeah, and I'm also the Enthusiasm. I'm sure I'll figure it out in time (but any tips/pointers would be appreciated!)
    I'd have to play it again now I'm trying to remember :pac:, I think if you do well it just gives you a boost like the mushrooms in Mario Kart and that depends on how much mistakes you make.
    I'm sure I'm missing something though.

• Advertisement

I'd have to play it again now I'm trying to remember :pac:, I think if you do well it just gives you a boost like the mushrooms in Mario Kart and that depends on how much mistakes you make.
    I'm sure I'm missing something though.

I'm getting better the more I play so I'm sure it'll all make sense soon. Well, as much sense as a horse racing/solitaire card game can make!

I'm getting better the more I play so I'm sure it'll all make sense soon. Well, as much sense as a horse racing/solitaire card game can make!
    That's very true, I kept my demo actually to practice separately or do a race there until I go to my full game after a break from playing. I haven't played it since like October now.
    I was really into ACNL update and now PKMN Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'll have to download the demo. From what I hear it's the best horse racing solitaire crossover game out at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Stuck my Bravely Default up on adverts under my alias Spongebobnopants.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/bravely-default/12112152

Stuck my Bravely Default up on adverts under my alias Spongebobnopants.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/bravely-default/12112152

Ah ha!
    it was you!!!

I have it, got it for very cheap while waiting for the ferry in France.
    I have yet to play it though, so buying the sequel seems premature, though inevitable.

Filthy username. Should be ashamed of yourself.

What's this like anyway? I played the demo but the seemingly endless class system scared me away. I would always feel like I'm 'playing it wrong'. :o

Pac1Man wrote: »

What's this like anyway? I played the demo but the seemingly endless class system scared me away. I would always feel like I'm 'playing it wrong'. :o

First half is very good, second half is a real slog. I'd be slow to recommend it

First half is very good, second half is a real slog. I'd be slow to recommend it

Thanks. Was the second any better?

Incredible name by the way.

Both were too difficult to play due to my vision issues. I have tried to play bravely second more as of late but just too difficult to see it. :(

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »

Did you catch the ghosts yet, number 1 pacguy my behoosit

Advertisement