Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Did you catch the ghosts yet, number 1 pacguy my behoosit

Do you realise how much pressure it takes to be me? Every day I wonder if I caught too little or caught too many, all the while wearing that stupid grin that I'm synonymous with.

It's not all biscuits and ghosts...

31952594010_d42d06624e_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It's not all bad though you get to gobble loads of pills chase blue ghosts and see Ms Pac1man too. Unless that's just you in drag then yeah I'd be bummed out too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Just wanted to share my sad 3ds story with y'all.
    Xmas night I stay in the in-laws so brought my 3ds in its case that holds 10 games. It had all the good games in it like Marios, Zelda's, Luigi's mansion, smash bros etc.
    I brought the 3ds home but the case has disappeared and can't be found.
    Gutted isn't the word.

Crap that's horrible to hear, have lost a case twice myself one vita with persona golden and my 3ds one with Majora, Chrono Trigger and some pokemon games both 2 years ago.

Hope it turns up for you, worst thing for me probably same for you the games can be replaced but the save files are gone,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Crap that's horrible to hear, have lost a case twice myself one vita with persona golden and my 3ds one with Majora, Chrono Trigger and some pokemon games both 2 years ago.

Hope it turns up for you, worst thing for me probably same for you the games can be replaced but the save files are gone,
    I think it fell into an empty box and was thrown in the bin and sent on its way. I've finished all of the the games to absolute completion but a lot of them are games I'd play again in a few years. Awful Shame and a lesson to not keep all your games with the system, especially when you only play one game at a time. I have all these empty cases now looking at me and laughing:-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

That's awful :( almost happened to me, I looked everywhere, turned out I swapped pouch once and left the games there and had put it into storage. Hopefully it turns up, pray to St Anthony or Jude depends on your optimism (kidding).
    I think it's easier to fund stuff if you completely forget about it but it's really tough, I keep checking the sane places myself so don't worry if you find it hard.

I'm finding the whole Fire Emblem Fates thing confusing. What's the best/cheapest way to get the 3 games?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gamestop have the combined special edition in a couple of their shops, before Christmas at least.
    The branch in Charlestown in Dublin had one, preowned, and it cost €90 afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Started trying to play Xenoblade Chronicles this morning and finally managed to actually leave the colony and get to Tephra cave! The combat system is quite confusing though. I just tend to spam my arts whenever they come up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought it, as I have the Wii original and thought I would finally play the on the go version on my lovely New 3DS... Not a bit of it, it's just sat there with the other couple of dozen 3DS games :(
    The WiiU title has been barely played as well :(:(

• Advertisement

Anyone else getting Dragon Quest VIII on Friday, can't wait to try it had the PS2 version years ago but never opened it. Am still playing VII at the moment but it is on the back burner while I finish Sun and Moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone else getting Dragon Quest VIII on Friday, can't wait to try it had the PS2 version years ago but never opened it. Am still playing VII at the moment but it is on the back burner while I finish Sun and Moon.

Will be picking it up, otherwise the system will be sitting gathering dust, nothing more on the horizon so far unless Ever Oasis comes out this year and maybe Blaster Master Zero.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Thanks. Was the second any better?

Incredible name by the way.

Cheers, Haven't gotten around to it yet, but it's on the long finger. I'd say the others will be able to tell ya for certain if it's any use or not

I'm too lazy to check, where's the best price to get it? I want it but I'm going to a convention so I really shouldn't, but I want it lol.

I'm too lazy to check, where's the best price to get it? I want it but I'm going to a convention so I really shouldn't, but I want it lol.

Amazon are doing it for 28 quid. Think it's 45 in smyths

Amazon are doing it for 28 quid. Think it's 45 in smyths
    28 is pretty good for a new game, thanks Cake!

Think it'll be about €38 in Argos that's what I'm a hoping anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Played the demo for Kirby: Planet Robobot on the way home.

I have lots of games I could be playing but by god, I want it, I want it, I want it.

Should I?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

That_Guy wrote: »
    Played the demo for Kirby: Planet Robobot on the way home.

I have lots of games I could be playing but by god, I want it, I want it, I want it.

Should I?

Won't regret it, a really superb game. Use the 3D as well if you get it, the best use of it in any game I've played.

Kirby's two games on the 3DS are just great fun and, as pointed out again and again, have the best uses of 3D to be found in a 3DS game.
    They are not hard games, though finding the collectibles is a challenge and will open up bonus areas.
    It also makes me hope that Nintendo bring us a new Kirby title, but one set in the world seen in the 3DS games, for the Switch, a style also featured in Return to Dreamland on the Wii.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Kirby titles are always great fun but easy as piss (which makes sense on paper, as it is a platformer where you have infinite jumps).

Also I think the Kirby series has secretly some of the best Nintendo music, but doesn't get nearly the kind of love that Nintendo's A-list games do.

I played the hell out of Nightmare in Dreamland on GBA and Squeak Squad on DS. Kirby games often have boss rush modes which are loads of fun, and I'd often find myself setting personal challenges along the lines of "Beat the game and/or boss rush mode using only one hat". The magic hat they added in Squeak Squad was probably on of my all-time favourites. It shot playing cards and doves as it's ranged attack, and a jack in the box head as it's melee action. Was a nice stylish top hat to boot.

I haven't played ANY Kirby 3DS games though, so I might jump on this bandwagon and give them a play. It's long overdue.

If you have played Uncharted or that type of game, you will find a premium priced game giving you around 6 or 7 hours of fun.
    To be honest the Kirby games are going to deliver the same kind of length, and are just as memorable tbh.
    Also, there is a New Game + equivalent, as you clearing the title opens up the, now traditional, alternate single player campaign, in Triple Deluxe you are King Dedede and in Robobot you are playing as Metaknight.
    There's also mini games, one a Smash Bros style fighter and the other a rhythm action title in Triple Deluxe and another pair in Robobot, so plenty to do, even after you finish the initial single player mode.

I'm sure the FE fans know but just incase

"Fire Emblem Warriors will be coming to *New* 3DS in addition to Switch release this Fall."
    http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fire-emblem-warriors-launching-on-new-3ds-as-well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm sure the FE fans know but just incase

"Fire Emblem Warriors will be coming to *New* 3DS in addition to Switch release this Fall."
    http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fire-emblem-warriors-launching-on-new-3ds-as-well

There's also a release for the regular old 3ds Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia. Out this year!
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/fire_emblem_echoes_shadows_of_valentia_coming_to_3ds_on_19th_may

Very pleased by that. Think Fire Emblem is my new favourite!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    There's also a release for the regular old 3ds Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia. Out this year!
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/fire_emblem_echoes_shadows_of_valentia_coming_to_3ds_on_19th_may

Great! I haven't even played one yet, friends are into them so I'm happy for them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

OwaynOTT wrote: »

It is based on an old Famicom game Fire Emblem Gaiden, albeit a very expanded addition, it will probably be quite different from any of the others in the series you may have played.

You may need to brush up on The Dark Dragon and Sword of Light also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I feel like this gets asked a lot, anyone know of the best price for a New 3DS XL? Amazon are expensive.

E220 for the blue N3DS XL in Argos is the best price I've seen over here.

I know you'll be able to play some new games only on the new 3DS but is there any other major differences between the new 3DS and the old one?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

E220 for the blue N3DS XL in Argos is the best price I've seen over here.

I know you'll be able to play some new games only on the new 3DS but is there any other major differences between the new 3DS and the old one?

The 3D is supposedly better and also load times are faster I think. Oh and you now get a built in c-stick or nub.

None of the above have made me feel the need to upgrade just yet. Actually the biggest issue for me is that I don't think the Circle Pad Pro for my XL will fit the new XL, don't think it does anyway. Cannot use the normal XL without the CCP, too small/thin in the hand (ooh matron etc etc). :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I feel like this gets asked a lot, anyone know of the best price for a New 3DS XL? Amazon are expensive.

Amazon France has the blue, white and black new XL models for €179 ish.

Add in an Irish address and tax and delivery brings that up to 192.54.

Articles : EUR 184,36
    Livraison : EUR 8,18

Contant total : EUR 192,54

Or the Animal Crossing edition on Amazon DE (with coverplate and installed game)

Order Summary

Items: EUR 203,49
    Postage & Packing: EUR 8,44

Order Total: EUR 211,93

Advertisement