Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

druss wrote: »
    Amazon France has the blue, white and black new XL models for €179 ish.

Add in an Irish address and tax and delivery brings that up to 192.54.

Articles : EUR 184,36
    Livraison : EUR 8,18

Contant total : EUR 192,54

Or the Animal Crossing edition on Amazon DE (with coverplate and installed game)

Order Summary

Items: EUR 203,49
    Postage & Packing: EUR 8,44

Order Total: EUR 211,93

Bless you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bless you.

Be aware it may take a tour of western Europe, like mine did!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Be aware it may take a tour of western Europe, like mine did!

Thats alright, it'll arrive here smelling of cheese and drinking wine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Andrew76 wrote: »
    The 3D is supposedly better and also load times are faster I think. Oh and you now get a built in c-stick or nub.

None of the above have made me feel the need to upgrade just yet. Actually the biggest issue for me is that I don't think the Circle Pad Pro for my XL will fit the new XL, don't think it does anyway. Cannot use the normal XL without the CCP, too small/thin in the hand (ooh matron etc etc). :pac:

The load times/improved textures on some games is amazing; but the in-built nub is a piece of poo compared to the circle pad pro.

The "New" definitely isn't a straight upgrade, it comes with its own pros and cons.

I very much enjoyed my upgrade to it, but I came from a launch day old small 3DS, so even just the massive increase in battery life was amazing for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thats alright, it'll arrive here smelling of cheese and drinking wine!

It's never good when your games consoles have seen more of the world than you have....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm in the market for one too and I noted that the French Amazon seems to be the best price also.

I was wondering if anyone knows the return policy with them? I know the UK Amazon is second to none in my past experiences. Can you deal with the UK side or do you have to go through 'Le Amazon'? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Kylo Ren wrote: »
    I'm in the market for one too and I noted that the French Amazon seems to be the best price also.

I was wondering if anyone knows the return policy with them? I know the UK Amazon is second to none in my past experiences. Can you deal with the UK side or do you have to go through 'Le Amazon'? :P

I also need to know this. If I buy a 3ds from Amazon France can the UK Amazon help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Kylo Ren wrote: »

Through le Amazon. I have never had an issue, apart from lengthy attempts to claim tax free status!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No Dragon Quest VIII on Argos site yet, Smyths saying it's due 20-24, where has it gone I wonder.

I was in Smyth's this morning, and despite confirming it was out today they had no delivery of it, at least not yet.
    They did say, worryingly, that were not getting in many of them, only three in Swords, and they were priced at €44.99, which is a little on the high side tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Picked up DQ8 for E29.00 on Amazon, extra 2 Pounds off with Prime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Picked up the N3DSXL on Le Amazon. First Nintendo handheld since the G.O.A.T Gameboy Advance SP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Xenji wrote: »
    Picked up DQ8 for E29.00 on Amazon, extra 2 Pounds off with Prime.
    I got it off UK Amazon, should be here Monday I got a text off dpd. Not that I'm in a rush to add to my backlog

Out in Argos for €42 tomorrow, might wait a while need to pick up two Neil Gaiman books, American Gods and Monarch of the Glen tomorrow they'll cost me the guts of €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Out in Argos for €42 tomorrow, might wait a while need to pick up two Neil Gaiman books, American Gods and Monarch of the Glen tomorrow they'll cost me the guts of €50.

Off topic but American Gods is worth every penny. I hope the TV show lives up to it.

Yeah it is one of my favorite books ever, there is a new illustrated hard back version along with the follow up the monarch of the glen spotted both in easons today, tv show should be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah it is one of my favorite books ever, there is a new illustrated hard back version along with the follow up the monarch of the glen spotted both in easons today, tv show should be great.

Illustrated editions of most of his books have been released lately. They're also cheaper in chapters but not true first editions as they're second printings, whereas, the Easons ones are 1st edition 1st print.
    Same books and only matters if you ever planned on selling them, if they ever ended up being valuable.
    Lovely books though and a good novel too.

Looks like Good Omens, Gaimen's collaboration with Terry Pratchett is also making its way to the screen too. Excited!

Still no Dragon Quest VIII on argos site yet the new catalogue is out today so big price jumps on many 3ds games and quite a few are gone, Sun and Moon no longer €38.99 for example.

Still no Dragon Quest VIII on argos site yet the new catalogue is out today so big price jumps on many 3ds games and quite a few are gone, Sun and Moon no longer €38.99 for example.

I saw that.
    Luckily I reserved Dragon Quest Builders at €29.99, but disappointed at no DQVIII, as yet.
    Probably try to find it in Smyth's for a few € more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got 46c back on my order from DQVIII, don't all come at me for it at once :pac:

I got 46c back on my order from DQVIII, don't all come at me for it at once :pac:

As I said in the Gets thread, Argos have it for €37.99, but it's not on the online catalogue, but on the in store computers.

Woooo hooooo I'll have some of that sir. Screw Smyths and their unfair pricing.

13 game backlog for 3ds this will be opened and started tonight, I read the orchestra themes have been replaced with midi which given the crappy output on the 3ds it's to be expected.

Best 3ds game ever hands down, looks great and sounds great too. Buy it asap.

Unrelated note tried to buy my books in a shop just now and had a very unfortunate encounter with a very rude staff member, will buy them in easons now I think as at least they won't make a *£%&@ out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Oh my. Horse Cards has me by the balls. It's addictive.

Best 3ds game ever hands down, looks great and sounds great too. Buy it asap.

Unrelated note tried to buy my books in a shop just now and had a very unfortunate encounter with a very rude staff member, will buy them in easons now I think as at least they won't make a *£%&@ out of me.

I've a voucher code for 12% off Easons online if you want to use it.

Picked up Xenoblade on adverts, man what a game it looks fantastic. I am looking forward to giving it a proper go this time round.

Got my 3DS for 180 off Tesco direct. God love staff discount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Picked up Xenoblade on adverts, man what a game it looks fantastic. I am looking forward to giving it a proper go this time round.

How does it perform on the 3DS? I have heard different opinions ranging from poor to great.

Do you have an XL or a standard sized 'New'?

Advertisement