Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have only played it for 10 minutes so far it is the monster hunter 4 new XL I have, am too busy leveling up on Dragon Quest 8 to play xenoblade for now, plus my town in new leaf needs weeding so xenoblade is on the top of the backlog now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Pac1Man wrote: »
    How does it perform on the 3DS? I have heard different opinions ranging from poor to great.

Do you have an XL or a standard sized 'New'?

Played both the Wii and 3DS version. It's a very good port, my main complaint would be that the camera can be a bit awkward at times but having played it for about 100 hours it's only a small occurrence really. Would definitely recommend.

It was an XL I played it on by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'm fearful that my own will be too small.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm fearful that my own will be too small.
    It's a common fear among men, it's probably just cold, let it warm up a bit, it'll be fine.
    Alternatively, go up to male strangers in pubs or on the train, and ask them to compare, I'm sure they'll be very enthused to give you assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Got my 3DS for 180 off Tesco direct. God love staff discount.

Used to be an employee in Ireland and the UK up until recently. My Direct account still gives me discount randomly. Got my 3DS XL on the cheap.

• Advertisement

1350921600000.jpg

1350921600000.jpg

You can see the Cirque Du Soleil wire under him, at least I can.

You can see the Cirque Du Soleil wire under him, at least I can.

I put it down to those Mexican supplements!

Either way that horse card game is fantastic. It's genuinely fun and it's a reminder of how lucky we are that Nintendo exist! Thanks to Touch Fuzzy I wouldn't have found it though.

It will be interesting to see where the 3DS goes from here and how it evolves. If indeed the Switch is it's long term replacement (if not right away), I hope it sells trillions!

I think they can and will coexist for a couple of years at least, the 3ds is still and should always be considered the portable console while the switch is the home console while also have portable interface capabilities it should not be solely looked up on by nintendo developers or even gamers as only a portable console.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a cert that the Switch will have a dockless version eventually, bringing it to within 3DS price levels.
    And that will sell stupid, daft and incredible amounts.
    Nintendo have this in the bag, they just have to make smart choices, and they have always owned the handheld market for those choices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Had a go of the new Yoshi game demo. I enjoyed it but not sure if it's a justifiable €40 purchase.

Decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Had a go of the new Yoshi game demo. I enjoyed it but not sure if it's a justifiable €40 purchase.

Decisions decisions.
    Same, I just want the poochie amiibo, I'm gonna check out the demo too

Same, I just want the poochie amiibo, I'm gonna check out the demo too

In the back of your head is the 3DS ChibiRobo debacle... how much you spent and... how much the rest of us spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah, I'd hold off as I'd say you'll get it in Smyths for €24.99 at some stage.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    In the back of your head is the 3DS ChibiRobo debacle... how much you spent and... how much the rest of us spent!
    Oww...
    hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Oww...
    hqdefault.jpg

To be fair,'I got stung too, paying full price when it came out, however, that full price was only €19 from Amazon.de.
    So yeah, Sera done bad.

Retr0 did worse with Under Defeat...
    The sting of legend that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You might feel bad about that, but think, some people bought Metroid Prime Federation Force on launch day for RRP.

Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel edition, €89.99 in Smyths on launch day, €4.99 two months later, the bust was cool though, wasn't it...

Metroid is €19.99 in Argos is it worth a go at that price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I guess. You really need some co-op buddies for the later stages though.

Guess I'm out so forever alone and all that, Bravely Second is €32 but no stock in dublin.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

anyone any idea of when ever oasis is due to hit the shops?

i can pre-order in gamestop but its for my son so he'd like to know when its due ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sydthebeat wrote: »

i can pre-order in gamestop but its for my son so he'd like to know when its due ???

It has no release date yet, just a 2017 TBA.

sydthebeat wrote: »

Oasis? Nothing to do with the Beyond Oasis is it? I loved Story of Thor 2 on Saturn
    I know I could look it up but I'm not posting much lately and I like making more convo

Oasis? Nothing to do with the Beyond Oasis is it? I loved Story of Thor 2 on Saturn
    I know I could look it up but I'm not posting much lately and I like making more convo

Didn't even know that got a sequel. Not that it affects me much as I have beyond oasis sitting on my shelf unplayed for the guts of 8 years 😓

10 hours or so later, I finished the 'story' mode in Mario Tennis on the GBC (3DS VC). Cracking game!

You only have two action buttons but the level of gameplay depth they have managed to squeeze into this is amazing. Strategy really does play a part against the tougher opponents, luring them into the weakest aspects of their game.

I'm now coyly looking forward to that Mario sports game that's coming out soon.

Didn't even know that got a sequel. Not that it affects me much as I have beyond oasis sitting on my shelf unplayed for the guts of 8 years 😓
    It's not well known, I've yet to meet someone else that's played SoT2 not through me TBF, no idea how my parents picked it up for me. Soundtrack is absolutely fantastic, some beautiful pieces in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Accidently bought Dragon Quest 7 while looking for DQ8, turns out it's pretty good!

Fair bit of back and forth and the pace is a little slow but grand for the price i paid. Anyone played 8?

• Advertisement

Accidently bought Dragon Quest 7 while looking for DQ8, turns out it's pretty good!

Fair bit of back and forth and the pace is a little slow but grand for the price i paid. Anyone played 8?

When 7 eventually gets going it gets proper going. I finished 8 last week, tbh I preferred 7 but that's pretty much because I prefer slower moving RPGs. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either of em

Advertisement