Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

'Product not available' is what I'm getting with that link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Andrew76 wrote: »
    'Product not available' is what I'm getting with that link?
    Same. I had an unofficial one that broke and I'd to pay the full price anyway, if that's what it is I'd just pay the extra 3 imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pac1Man wrote: »
    10 hours or so later, I finished the 'story' mode in Mario Tennis on the GBC (3DS VC). Cracking game!

You only have two action buttons but the level of gameplay depth they have managed to squeeze into this is amazing. Strategy really does play a part against the tougher opponents, luring them into the weakest aspects of their game.

I'm now coyly looking forward to that Mario sports game that's coming out soon.
    Mario Golf on the GBA remains one of my favourite games of all time nevermind retro game or sports game, I dont even like golf games but its just pure perfection. Great mechanics and great challenge. Loved the tennis aswell.

Sorry guys don't know why that link didn't work earlier about the charger

Looking to get a "new" 3DS and just wondering if I can download and play these games on it from the virtual console?

Super Mario Bros 1 - 3
    Super Mario World
    SNES Mario Kart
    Yoshi's Island
    Street fighter 2 turbo
    Pokémon blue/red
    Gameboy Tetris

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Public service announcement: Dragon Quest 8 is flipping amazing. DQ7 is great as well!
    Thargor wrote: »
    Mario Golf on the GBA remains one of my favourite games of all time nevermind retro game or sports game, I dont even like golf games but its just pure perfection. Great mechanics and great challenge. Loved the tennis aswell.

It's such a great game like a Golf RPG. Camelot make great golf games, they also do the Everybody's Golf games on Sony platforms which are just as good.

Looking to get a "new" 3DS and just wondering if I can download and play these games on it from the virtual console?

Super Mario Bros 1 - 3
    Super Mario World
    SNES Mario Kart
    Yoshi's Island
    Street fighter 2 turbo
    Pokémon blue/red
    Gameboy Tetris

Thanks

They're all on the Virtual Console except for Yoshi's Island and Gameboy Tetris which was pulled from the store due to licensing issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Super Mario Bros 1 - 3
    Super Mario World
    SNES Mario Kart
    Yoshi's Island
    Street fighter 2 turbo
    Pokémon blue/red
    Gameboy Tetris

Thanks

Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    No
    Yes
    Yes
    No

Edit: beaten to it by some n00b

Super Mario Bros 1 - 3
    Super Mario World
    SNES Mario Kart
    Yoshi's Island
    Street fighter 2 turbo
    Pokémon blue/red
    Gameboy Tetris

Thanks

Had a look on the e-shop there and they're all in the Virtual Console section except for Yoshi's Island (I assume you mean the SNES version and not the newer 3DS one) and Gameboy Tetris (only Tetris Ultimate, which is pretty good I think).

They're fairly pricey though (always have been) - €5 per NES game, €8 per SNES and those Pokémon games are a tenner a pop!

As Touch Fuzzy mentions above, I'd pay the extra 3 quid for an official charger and have peace of mind it'll work fine.

Great stuff guys. Thanks!

They should do me for awhile.

Also sorry for another question - I presume Mario 64 DS is the same as Mario 64 or anything different?

Cheers again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Great stuff guys. Thanks!

They should do me for awhile.

Also sorry for another question - I presume Mario 64 DS is the same as Mario 64 or anything different?

Cheers again.

Mario 64 DS is ok. They added new stars and areas to the game and the controls aren't as good. The new areas aren't that great though. Unfortunately they also added game breaking bugs to the game that if you are unfortunate (like I was) will lock you out of some of the new content and make it impossible to get all the stars as a result.

• Advertisement

Thanks again for the replies.

I was all on for getting the switch but the big question for me was the virtual console.

At this moment in time I think the new 3DS will be the better value for me for the next few months because of the virtual console and games like Ocarina of time 3D, Mario 3D land and the new Pokémon games so I should get a lot of game time from the games mentioned and it'll be cheaper than the switch.

Also still have my Wii U.

I will of course pick the switch up down the road though.

3DS is definitely the way to go. It's got far and away the best library and exclusives of any of the consoles at the moment. By the time you decide on a switch the VC should have more games and it will have a decent library.

Thanks again for the replies.

I was all on for getting the switch but the big question for me was the virtual console.

At this moment in time I think the new 3DS will be the better value for me for the next few months because of the virtual console and games like Ocarina of time 3D, Mario 3D land and the new Pokémon games so I should get a lot of game time from the games mentioned and it'll be cheaper than the switch.

Also still have my Wii U.

I will of course pick the switch up down the road though.

Definitely a wise decision sticking with the 3DS for now. Just shop around when you're buying 3DS games as the e-shop tend to be on the pricey side. Argos usually do decent discounts for a bricks and mortar.

Anywhere online I could pick up Mario 64 DS?

Or would my best be to keep an eye on adverts/eBay?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

18 euro in cex.

18 euro in cex.

Thanks for the reply.

It's showing up E22 for me?

Thanks for the reply.

It's showing up E22 for me?

Yep, €22.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm sure it was that price last time I checked. Doh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

Is there such a thing as 3ds repair places in ireland if youre out of a warranty? The buttons and touch screen have gone completely non responsive on my 2ds as of yesterday , noticed an indent in the screen yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

EmcD123 wrote: »
    Is there such a thing as 3ds repair places in ireland if youre out of a warranty? The buttons and touch screen have gone completely non responsive on my 2ds as of yesterday , noticed an indent in the screen yesterday.

Some PC repair shops might do it. I know years ago many would do case replacements for ds lites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

"Nintendo Switch eShop purchases will be tied to one's account rather than console, i.e. you can re-download stuff on another system."
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-17-nintendo-switch-eshop-will-finally-link-purchases-to-accounts-not-consoles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

EmcD123 wrote: »
    Nintendo will post you out a label, assess your console and ship it back for free. You only get charged if you agree to the bill. 12 month warranty is included if you do. That said, at £75 for major repairs you might be as well off with a brand new 2ds and Yo Kai Watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

Banjo wrote: »
    Nintendo will post you out a label, assess your console and ship it back for free. You only get charged if you agree to the bill. 12 month warranty is included if you do. That said, at £75 for major repairs you might be as well off with a brand new 2ds and Yo Kai Watch

Might try this out first, its probably a new screen I need

I didnt know there was a yokai watch bundle??I thought It was only mario kart and tomodachi life bundles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I didnt know there was a yokai watch bundle??I thought It was only mario kart and tomodachi life bundles

http://checkargos.com/product/6075101

you're paying more for YoKai Watch / Pokemon Sun - you can get one for 100 quid in Argos with NSMB2 or a pink one with Tamodachi, next tier is 107 (MK7/Tamodachi/YoKai) and then Pokemon is 130 I think.

I think it's cheaper online though.

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick up a new 3DS XL? Cheers

E200 on Amazon UK but I'm worried they'll use Asendia to deliver it which has an awful record for delivering stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Picked up BoxBoxBoy for a fiver on the eshop. Trying not to dive into a new game until Zelda on Friday.

But this is a fun little puzzler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

That_Guy wrote: »
    Picked up BoxBoxBoy for a fiver on the eshop. Trying not to dive into a new game until Zelda on Friday.

But this is a fun little puzzler.
    I'm trying to tie up all loose ends myself at the moment. Half way through uncharted 4 and have vowed to finish it by Friday otherwise it will never be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

I've been trying to finish wind waker HD myself. It's going reasonably well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm trying to pick up an old 3DS NFC reader as a present for a good price and not having much luck, can anyone point me in some good directions?

Advertisement