Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

What's a good price?
    You can get Happy Home Designer + NFC reader for €30 from Smyths, then sell the game to CEX for €12...? €18 for the reader and some cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That reads the amiibos right?

Going to tip my toe back into the amiibo quagmire for the FE amiibo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Cex have Marth and Ike cheap.

Cex have Marth and Ike cheap.

Yeah was looking on there at the FE ones. If I go to my nearest cex, I can probably get back the ones I traded in.
    I'm almost doing a ciderman on it.

Grab Codename Steam too if you don't have it already cex sell it dirt cheap and the fire Emblem amiibos work with it too.

• Advertisement

Grab Codename Steam too if you don't have it already cex sell it dirt cheap and the fire Emblem amiibos work with it too.

Got that a while back for a fiver. Thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick up a new 3DS XL? Cheers

Amazon.fr way cheaper then uk around 150 and 8 delivery. Plus if brexit happens you'll be secured n warranty though doubt it's happening anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Phil.x

My son was given a used 3ds by his cousin who hadn't used it for a few years. Is there a way to reset/wipe clean these things without passwords.

Anyone picking up fire emblem echoes in May?

I see there's a big cardboard box edition with a soundtrack, so it's a buy for me. If i can get it that is, looks like a few weeks of refreshing waiting for it to show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

I have 10 euro in my shop account, can anyone recommend a game? I bought both steamworld games and shovel knight so far. love the steamworld games not so much shovel knight.. it's ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I have 10 euro in my shop account, can anyone recommend a game? I bought both steamworld games and shovel knight so far. love the steamworld games not so much shovel knight.. it's ok.

Pocket Card Jockey. It does things to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Pac1Man wrote:
    Pocket Card Jockey. It does things to me.

I'm actually afraid to get card jockey for this very reason tbh

Card Jockey isn't something you buy. It's something you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CliCliW wrote: »
    simpsons-44.gif?1384968217

CliCliW wrote: »

Don't be scared. Horse Cards doesn't bite, unless you whip him too hard on the home stretch.

Now take that seat above me and give your horsey a name. There's no going back now.

I called mine Hogan. No idea why. I just felt during that period of my life that i need a pixelated horse called Hogan in my portable horse racing solitaire crossover game. Doc said it's normal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey guys and gals, quick question.

I'm going on holidays in a few weeks, and always bring a 3DS (or handheld) game for plane journeys, sitting by the pool, etc.

Last year, I played Fire Emblem Awakening, and loved it. So figure I'll go with another Fire Emblem game again this year.

Am I right in saying my choices are Fates (which there seems to be two versions of?) and Echoes (which isn't out yet?). Prices seem the same for both on Amazon, so am I ok just grabbing the one that comes out next month? No reason not to go with the newer one, right?

If you buy either Birthright or Conquest there is an option to buy the other game and the third part Revelation as dlc, gamestop did have them on offer recently not sure if that is still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If you buy either Birthright or Conquest there is an option to buy the other game and the third part Revelation as dlc, gamestop did have them on offer recently not sure if that is still the case.

It was 30% off on the eShop recently too with a myNintendo account

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hey guys and gals, quick question.

I'm going on holidays in a few weeks, and always bring a 3DS (or handheld) game for plane journeys, sitting by the pool, etc.

Last year, I played Fire Emblem Awakening, and loved it. So figure I'll go with another Fire Emblem game again this year.

Am I right in saying my choices are Fates (which there seems to be two versions of?) and Echoes (which isn't out yet?). Prices seem the same for both on Amazon, so am I ok just grabbing the one that comes out next month? No reason not to go with the newer one, right?

The newer one is actually a remake of an older one that im
    Too
    Drunk to remember the name of. I'd go with fates/birthright. One is easier than the other so go with that if it's a holiday game
    Pretty a sure it's fates

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The newer one is actually a remake of an older one that im
    Too
    Drunk to remember the name of. I'd go with fates/birthright. One is easier than the other so go with that if it's a holiday game
    Pretty a sure it's fates

Fates is the umbrella name for the older title:
    Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (the easier one)
    Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (the harder one)
    Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations (the DLC which transcends both games)

Fire Emblem: Echoes is the new game which is a remake of an old Famicom game. This is slightly different to the traditional FE games but still has the tactical combat.

Lord TSC, if you want another FE game similar to Awakening, go with Fates. The real answer here is buy them all at some stage though!

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »

Fire Emblem: Echoes is the new game which is a remake of an old Famicom game. This is slightly different to the traditional FE games but still has the tactical combat.

Lord TSC, if you want another FE game similar to Awakening, go with Fates. The real answer here is buy them all at some stage though!

Told ya i was too drunk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pac1Man wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

New 2DS XL announced

C-dqUa6U0AEvQi0.jpg:small

C-dr5CUUMAE_hvo.jpg:small

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I kinda like that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If that translates directly into €150 it'll be a big seller.
    I'd love to pick one up.
    We'll see what the screens are like.

So where's the cost saving on that over an n3DS / XL - far as I knew, using a single screen for the 2 displays was what made the big difference on the 2DS. If this has all the same internals but just no 3D feature, surely that's can't knock *that* much off the asking price.

Good timing though, my eldest is thinking of spending some communion money on a 3DS, might get her to hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    So where's the cost saving on that over an n3DS / XL - far as I knew, using a single screen for the 2 displays was what made the big difference on the 2DS. If this has all the same internals but just no 3D feature, surely that's can't knock *that* much off the asking price.

Good timing though, my eldest is thinking of spending some communion money on a 3DS, might get her to hold off.

Price can be used to demarcate between the premium and basic product, with little regard for the actual cost of production.
    I'd say this is the case here.
    That said, the Wii Mini obscenity was a terrible construction, felt quite nasty to use, like it was a Chinese knockoff.
    If they have the same approach here we'll know quickly enough how they saved a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

To be fair, the design of the N2DS is beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Mr E wrote: »
    To be fair, the design of the N2DS is beautiful.

The original or this new one?

Wonder will it be capable of paying the SNES games from the Nintendo Store?

Advertisement