Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

The steelbook... a thing of beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If I don't get it, I'm reporting you all for failing to notify me of it's availability.

Seriously though, any idea on when preorders will go up or what price we're looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

8jpNjNJ.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I will crawl over your dead corpses for that....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

you wouldn't just pre-order it maybe and let us live?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    you wouldn't just pre-order it maybe and let us live?

No, corpses it is.
    Don't worry, it'll be drawn out and painful, more enjoyable that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Limited Edition of Samus Returns is gorgeous. I absolutely want that and I don't own a 3DS. I wish this game was on Switch as well. Probably the nicest LE I've seen and for once it's not Europe drawing the short straw.

How would it be better if it was available on *2* platforms you don't own?

Wait, did you buy a Sneaky Switch to go with your shameful Amiibo collection? You dog you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I will get a Switch eventually. I don't think I'll buy a 3DS, but who knows, maybe some day. It's the only Nintendo handheld I haven't bought while in its prime. Plus it would look nicer on the Switch and be in HD. And yes amiibo are shameful. :D

Edit: I was checking Smyths website last night and did an amiibo search, for research purposes of course and only one result came up. So they HAVE given up on them.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-amiibo/c/SM060433

Cyrus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

"And so it came to pass, on the 7th day the Lord of Sligo's unrequited love for Nintendo finally broke through it's membrane.

To the awaiting crowd he finally uttered the words..
    sligeach wrote: »
    I will get a Switch...

Pandemonium ensued. The crowd reached carnival level while the jesters danced.

This unsettled the Lord. Seeking to calm the furore, he murmured...
    sligeach wrote: »
    ...eventually

Even this failed to silence the court yard. Beacons were lit across the land to signal this momentous occasion."

I'm sorry.

• Advertisement

I'm still speechless that he doesn't own a 3DS, the format is on it's last hurrah, time is now Sligeach!
    I'd suggest the New 2DS, looks like a stunning device, and the game library is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

More often than not Europe have had the better limited editions down the years. Only have to look at the reaction from US forums to the announcement of this special edition, and their cursing of NOA :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone know of any half-decent deals on the Fire Emblem games?

The last one (Fates? Conquest? ) is going cheap in Smyths.
    Cheaper anyway. €25 maybe?

Edit : Fates : Birthright or Conquest, €30 each. If you can get up the north, only £20 up there. Also, don't buy them both, the 2nd campaign is cheaper as DLC I think so long as you own one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

On tips from this topic I got both Fates and Conquest for €20 each new in Gamestop.

Also Bravely Second collectors edition for the same price.

Corholio wrote: »
    More often than not Europe have had the better limited editions down the years. Only have to look at the reaction from US forums to the announcement of this special edition, and their cursing of NOA :P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZIZ6Jg07x5HxFbxjZ_rXWd75NAgRtz94GXwGmOkc1CaaEozzxtA
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrIRWTezdWHYzfKesA9Zg0dLCmdR1iFWACaHF3tpaG9Czsru6X

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZIZ6Jg07x5HxFbxjZ_rXWd75NAgRtz94GXwGmOkc1CaaEozzxtA
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrIRWTezdWHYzfKesA9Zg0dLCmdR1iFWACaHF3tpaG9Czsru6X

I always laugh at that Phalanx one, you wouldn't have a clue what type of game it was from that mad cover :p

With the size of that picture and the positioning of Megaman's hand, he could easily be mistaken for Megawoman

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ever Oasis is €38 in Argos, anyone buy it yet, need a pick up and play 3ds game.

, need a pick up and play 3ds game.

Erm, every 3DS game?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You been pill popping again you big ghost chaser.

You been pill popping again you big ghost chaser.

9944b2e2b18627f42992b0c99fa81678.jpg

Ever Oasis is €38 in Argos, anyone buy it yet, need a pick up and play 3ds game.

That's another game on special if you have Nintendo gold points to spend...

Edit : You can get the Nintendo launch discount price without spending any gold coins - Amazon Download is ~€36
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07122CG3C/?tag=ho01f-21
    The obvious con being that now you have to find another wall up which to piss your My.Nintendo gold coins...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I finally finished Luigi's Mansion 2 last night, having played it on and off for nearly two and a half years. What a game. I miss it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

tailgunner wrote: »
    I finally finished Luigi's Mansion 2 last night, having played it on and off for nearly two and a half years. What a game. I miss it already.

Played through it with my son, most fun i've had with a game for a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Tough going at times as well, one or two of the missions near the end had me tearing my hair out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I quite like that Pikmin demo on the e-shop. Dunno if I'd pay full price for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

tony1980 wrote: »
    Played through it with my son, most fun i've had with a game for a long time!

Funny story, I got Luigi's Mansion 2 as my FREE game when Nintendo were having the "Buy two get a third free" promotion on 3DS games, and I was almost bitter that I couldn't get something better than LM2 at the time (other series I was more into wasn't in the sale).

My two proper games I knew I was going to love were Animal Crossing New Leaf and Mario & Luigi Dream Team.

So I got ACNL, right after binging on AC Wild World so I didn't play it much since it was more of the same, and M&LDT turned out to be by far the worst M&L ever and made me genuinely angry at how low quality it was.

So what about LM2? That free game I didn't really want?

Favourite game of the three by a mile. Beat it straight through, loved every minute of it.

Probably my biggest ever overall purchase disconnect between expectations and actual outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Tough going at times as well, one or two of the missions near the end had me tearing my hair out!

Yep, myself and the small fella had a lot of trouble near the end, even my wife started to get involved in helping us out, all 3 of us used to be gathered around the 3ds...lol

Advertisement