Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Because it fits in your pocket, has interchangeable face plates and plays animal crossing?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I love my N3DS, it's a cracking console and underlines the point that bigger is not always better.
    The comparatively low res screen of the 3DS line works a little better on a smaller screen too, imho.
    Nevertheless, they are both great machines and, functionally, no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Love my Monster Hunter New 3ds Xl but I am gonna buy a new 2ds xl with my left over switch money, I am hoping argos do a free game deal am gonna try and shy away from smyths seeing as they're upping the price on nintendo stock the last few times. New 2ds xl is €159.99 from them and snes mini went from €84.99 to €89.99, shower of robbingbandits.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Love my Monster Hunter New 3ds Xl but I am gonna buy a new 2ds xl with my left over switch money, I am hoping argos do a free game deal am gonna try and shy away from smyths seeing as they're upping the price on nintendo stock the last few times. New 2ds xl is €159.99 from them and snes mini went from €84.99 to €89.99, shower of robbingbandits.

I have it pre-order from Amazon for £123. Might just cancel it and pick it up here after launch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Left over Switch money? You return Switch for monies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,582 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

New Nintendo 3DS discontinued
    End of the production line.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-14-new-nintendo-3ds-discontinued

Game over, man! Game over!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm gonna pick up a nice 2DS XL on friday, shame Gamestop don't seem to do bundles no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I'm gonna pick up a nice 2DS XL on friday, shame Gamestop don't seem to do bundles no more.

we badly need some decent competition to compete with gamestop

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Left over Switch money? You return Switch for monies?

Sold it to Cex had a few sniffing about for it but I don't trust selling stuff to people no more too much hassle too many flippers, once Cex test it and it passes it's not my problem if 6-12 months console developed a problem from usage, had a guy a few years back contact me two years after selling him a ps3 saying it stopped working, feck off is what I said second hand stuff is sold as seen, no money back no vat, danger mouse danger mouse. Think I mixed my David Jason themes up there but you get the idea if not frankly my dear I don't give a dammmm

dunworth1 wrote: »

We do. Shame to have to buy from Gamestop at all, but I got a whole bunch of credit to spend.

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »

Smyths certainly aren't, lately they're worse than gameslop with the increased pushing of psn this and Xbox live that, no respect for nintendo fans with rediculously over priced and under stocked sections, stupid fire sales of stock too, bloody skylanders nonsense all but killed their nfc figures sales too, if only they had invested such resources in proper amiibo figures instead of the disney infinity stuff they ended up giving away for free recently.

Argos has released their summer catalogue with an absolute shambles of price increases and stock dilution, 3ds games gone down to 50 or there abouts, it's getting harder and harder to buy nintendo on the high street which I have always and will always prefer to do as picking a box off a shelf has a certain satisfaction that online no matter how cheap will never replace. Still sooner or later I'll have to except buying games is dead and gone it's with my amiibos in the grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Sold it to Cex had a few sniffing about for it but I don't trust selling stuff to people no more too much hassle too many flippers, once Cex test it and it passes it's not my problem if 6-12 months console developed a problem from usage, had a guy a few years back contact me two years after selling him a ps3 saying it stopped working, feck off is what I said second hand stuff is sold as seen, no money back no vat, danger mouse danger mouse. Think I mixed my David Jason themes up there but you get the idea if not frankly my dear I don't give a dammmm

So you think it's ok to reply to me a full week later?? You think I'm sitting here waiting by my phone for your response? So what if I am!!

I think we need a break.

Call me.

I met this nice robot named chibi robo he kinda looks like you but he doesn't chase ghosts, I just need a commitment from someone who won't be out all the time pill gobbling or putting a bow on there head and thinking they're something that their not, also you want a break, you got it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I met this nice robot named chibi robo he kinda looks like you but he doesn't chase ghosts, I just need a commitment from someone who won't be out all the time pill gobbling or putting a bow on there head and thinking they're something that their not, also you want a break, you got it...

Hey...

I've not seen you here before...

I like that in a Bargain Hunter...

<Smooch>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Hey guys and girls, I'm not sure if this is the right thread. I'm after a 2ds XL tomorrow, who do we think will have the best deals?

New 2ds xl €189.99 in smyths with Miitopia might include other choices for the free game, the White New 3ds xl is also on offer for €189.99.

Argos are €169.99 for 2ds with no bundle on site as of typing this.

New 2ds xl €189.99 in smyths with Miitopia might include other choices for the free game, the White New 3ds xl is also on offer for €189.99.

Argos are €169.99 for 2ds with no bundle on site as of typing this.

Gamestop are also 169.99 with a choice of selected games, none of which look good for an 8yr old girl.

Just a quick change.... Smyths are going with choice of 6/7 games including Mario bros 2, Mario maker, Mario Kart.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like Hey! Pikmin may be more suitable for smaller gamers. Not much challenge there for the rest of us. Not getting great reviews... Generally 6/7 out of 10...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/hey!-pikmin

Gamestop are also 169.99 with a choice of selected games, none of which look good for an 8yr old girl.

Just a quick change.... Smyths are going with choice of 6/7 games including Mario bros 2, Mario maker, Mario Kart.

Thats a good selection, am disappoint. Well not that disappointed cos my 2DS XL was cheap as chips in the end, but still.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Smyths have the 2DS XL up for €159.99
    black and turquoise

Looks like a super split

• Advertisement

20413989_743446362505097_2213639731267321280_o.jpg?oh=6df43e4b0e62c2a10f37368341a99a3c&oe=59F5D8A0

Gamestop's choice of free game was that chibi robo game or... metroid! I guess, woo hoo.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Smyths have the 2DS XL up for €159.99
    black and turquoise

Looks like a super split

What kinda Super Splits have you been eating.

20413989_743446362505097_2213639731267321280_o.jpg?oh=6df43e4b0e62c2a10f37368341a99a3c&oe=59F5D8A0

Gamestop's choice of free game was that chibi robo game or... metroid! I guess, woo hoo.

I got paid today. I cancelled my Amazon order two weeks ago and now I wish I hadn't :D

What's the best option for a DS now? I've a €50 One4All voucher as well so.... you know reasons :pac:

I got the 2ds with Mario bros 2 for €189.99 in smyths.

I got the 2ds with Mario bros 2 for €189.99 in smyths.

That seems decent alright. Cheers for that!!

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That seems decent alright. Cheers for that!!

They had a choice of that, Mario Kart, Mario maker, tamadochi, a pokemon game and another.

They had a choice of that, Mario Kart, Mario maker, tamadochi, a pokemon game and another.

Hmmmmm might get a Pokémon with it. Do you know do Ken Black have the same offers? Closest Smyth is an hour away.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hmmmmm might get a Pokn with it. Do you know do Ken Black have the same offers? Closest Smyth is an hour away.

Sorry i have no idea, no Ken Black anywhere near me but I would imagine it would be the same offers.

Sorry i have no idea, no Ken Black anywhere near me but I would imagine it would be the same offers.

Cheers for that. I'll have a look over the weekend.

• Advertisement

Argos take one4all smyths do not.

Advertisement