Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The 'Samus Edition' New Nintendo 3DS XL looks lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

sligeach wrote: »
    The 'Samus Edition' New Nintendo 3DS XL looks lovely.

Is... is sligeach saying something positive about a Nintendo console? :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is... is sligeach saying something positive about a Nintendo console? :eek:

He probably thought it was the Seamús edition.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Apollo justice is coming to the 3DS via the eShop in November. After the mobile port it was inevitable.
    Think I bought it a few years ago for the DS but never played it.
    Haven't finished Spirit Justice or Dual Destinies on the 3DS either....or the Professor Layton spin off....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Apollo justice is coming to the 3DS via the eShop in November. After the mobile port it was inevitable.
    Haven't finished Spirit Justice or Dual Destinies on the 3DS either....or the Professor Layton spin off....:o
    I enjoyed all of them, imo Justice for All I thought was the weakest game bar the last case of course. Hope you'll get through them and I'll have another person to talk about them with :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

ERG89 wrote: »

Thats good news! another excuse to give AJ a go, when i was playing through the series, i just wanted to get through it as soon as possible, ill give it a proper go now. must go back to the SOJ DLC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Based on what I've read online and heard in podcasts over the last few days, Samus Returns looks like a winner. The new graphics (great use of 3D), the new mechanics (mantling, counters, aiming) all make it seem like a brand new game rather than a remake. Looks like they put a lot of love into it and I think it will be a day 1 buy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think it would be an interesting exercise to play through GB Metroid 2 on my PSP before the remake comes out. I might appreciate it more, but the downside is that I might also finish the remake quicker because I know where to go... Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The Samus Edition 3DS XL is up on Game for pre-order

http://www.game.co.uk/en/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-samus-edition-2022425

And pre ordered. Now to try and get a decent price for my 2DS...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Camo Mario plates arrived for my N3DS. No more loose back cover plate problem. Very nice they are too!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Samus Edition 3DS on Amazon for order now too.

Just picked up Codename STEAM for €2.99 in GameStop, can't say no at that price

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn Gamestop and their overpriced stock, a bunch of thieves Joe, THIEVES!!!!

Have you got a link? I can't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Have you got a link? I can't see it.

It's their pre-owned price for it. Picked it up for that a few weeks ago as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

actually ya can say no there boss.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496527884#.WZS4F3twZJ8

The Samus 3DS is up on Gamestop now for €230, so 20 quid odd more expensive than Game or amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

relatively new owner of a 2ds. looking for suggestions for some cheap(ish) pick up and play games on eshop. was thinking a rythym game as i've never played one and am curious. or anything really that's easy to pick up and play, fun and decent action/gameplay. cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Rhythm Thief is good.

Rhythm Paradise is fantastic, but challenging.
    Cheap as chips too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

manual_man wrote: »
    relatively new owner of a 2ds. looking for suggestions for some cheap(ish) pick up and play games on eshop. was thinking a rythym game as i've never played one and am curious. or anything really that's easy to pick up and play, fun and decent action/gameplay. cheers!

Rhythm games are one of my very favourite genres, I consider myself quite knowledgeable on them, so here we go:

Top Tier:
    Rhythm Heaven Megamix (3DS Eshop) - A bit of a non-traditional Rhythm game as there are no moving music notes or literal coloured prompts for when to press the button, but still very clearly one of the best rhythm games of all time. Gameplay looks a bit like Warioware games. This is a "Super deluxe best of package" and features songs from the 3 previous titles as well as a load of new ones. A great place to jump into the series.

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call (3DS) - More standard "Press notes when they get to the circle" gameplay. Features 200+ songs and covers basically the entire history of final fantasy. Shockingly large amount of content in this game.

Rhythm Paradise/Heaven (DS) - 2nd game in the series. Very good, and can be got super cheap (I bought multiple copies in a gamestop for €1 each and gifted them to friends and family while saying "Just play this, it's great"). Owning both this and Megamix might be a little redundant, but since you can get this so cheap I wouldn't worry.

High tier:
    Elite Beat Agents (DS) - I only dropped this to high tier because I feel like it hasn't aged super well, but for a while this was the only and best DS rhythm game. Probably the MOST "tradional" rhythm game, as it features covers of real chart music as opposed to original videogame musics. How much you love the original songs will affect your enjoyment of the game, as the covers aren't great. The "Spin" sections have decimated many a touch screen. Because this is a DS game too, it can also be gotten super cheap.

Mediocre Tier:
    Rhythm Thief (3DS) - The aesthetic is a lot like professor layton I feel, except instead of puzzles you do rhythm games. I own it and I only think it's okay, not on par with anything above it on this list, only because the quality of the rhythm games in it is very inconsistent. A few are great, most are naff. There's a demo on the Eshop if you want to try it though, gives a good overview of the gameplay.

Bottom Tier:
    Final Fantasy Theatrhythm (3DS) - There is no reason to own this with the existence of Curtain call. It's just a slightly worse game with less than a quarter of the content of the sequel.

??? Tier:
    Harmoknight (3DS) - I don't own this, so I don't feel I can effectively rate it. It's a rhythm platformer made by the Pokemon company. It also has a demo, but the gameplay didn't grab me, so I didn't buy it. In a way, me not buying it is almost the most damning condamnation I can give any rhythm game, haha.

I sold my 2DS XL last night so I'm just waiting 5 weeks for the Samus Returns special edition now and honestly I'm glad to see the back of it. I didn't miss the 3D, and I like the idea of a budget 'New' model so to speak, but it felt cheap the more I used it, it was in the end more uncomfortable to use than the original 3DS XL or N3DS XL.

Gameinformer just revealed in their Reddit AMA that they will reveal a new Pokemon USUM feature tomorrow.

Also Pkmn USUM will have a new director that isn't Ohmori or Masuda.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Gameinformer just revealed in their Reddit AMA that they will reveal a new Pokemon USUM feature tomorrow.

Also Pkmn USUM will have a new director that isn't Ohmori or Masuda.

Based on the amount of torturous dialog and scenes that added nothing and didn't really move the monotonous plot along In Sun/Moon I'm expecting it will be Julian Fellowes.

"I say, my darling, in this light you look so damn.... so damn beautiful...."
    "Pikachu!"
    "Yes, but to heck with the family, we should travel to pater's summer lodge in Catalonia, and there we can be married at last!"
    "Pi-kaaa-CHU!"

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    "I say, my darling, in this light you look so damn.... so damn beautiful...."
    "Pikachu!"
    "Yes, but to heck with the family, we should travel to pater's summer lodge in Catalonia, and there we can be married at last!"
    "Pi-kaaa-CHU!"

Is pikachu voiced by danny devito?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Oooh the barcaalona jokes already that's grim even by my standards, pretty toothless.

• Advertisement

Advertisement