Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It's so unnecessary but I'm going to try get one :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had the DS version of Soul Silver but it never got played so off to CEX it went

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I said in another thread, that I'd love for Nintendo to rerelease snes games but if they could do something like this with the likes of Earthbound with a download code inside, it would be so cool.
    Would have to be the original box art though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Incidentally Japan's version of those boxed pokemon GS get a bunch of extra stuff I bet we won't...

img_02.png

img_03.png

img_04.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

This is probably asked a lot, but if you ring nintendo customer support to do a system transfer for you because your old 3ds is broken. How long after that phone call does it usually take?

The person on the phone with me said it would take at most 24 hours but its now 30 hours since then and I really dont want to have to ring again since I was on the phone for about an hour between trying to get through and actually talking to a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

So am tempted by the 2Ds XL.

Been out of the loop somewhat in terms of Nintendo.

What games are essential ?

I did love the original brain training games , is there any decent ones I could play on this ?

Also, I assume they have an online store where I can pay to download games ?

Anybody know what kinda filesize I'm looking at ?

Sorry for all the questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

So am tempted by the 2Ds XL.

Been out of the loop somewhat in terms of Nintendo.

What games are essential ?

I did love the original brain training games , is there any decent ones I could play on this ?

Also, I assume they have an online store where I can pay to download games ?

Anybody know what kinda filesize I'm looking at ?

Sorry for all the questions

There's a brain trying sequel either just out or coming soon

Someone (Ethnic Spidey maybe?) wasn't too keen on the 2ds xl feel.

Key titles? Where do I start? Super Mario 3d land, Mariokart 7, animal crossing new leaf, Luigi's mansion 2, monster hunter 4, the 3d rejigs of the n64 Zelda's, Zelda:link between worlds, fire emblem (any of em), resident evil revelations, Kirby triple deluxe, tamodachi life, Pokemon moon, pokemon yellow, shovel knight, pullblox, steamworld dig, attack of the Friday monsters, aeroporter, pocket football club, persona q, smash bros... I must have missed out tonnes.

There's an eshop, its region tied and very expensive.

Can't speak for file size but you can format a 64 or 128gb card to work with the 3ds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I have an issue lads and I was wondering if anyone had any good advice for me.

Recently I noticed my glorious looking Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate N3DSXL was only holding it's charge for about 15 minutes and immediately dying, and that the back cover had cracked.

I took off the back cover to find that my battery has swollen up like a balloon looking like it's about to pop. I've removed it from the console and I'm not going to put it back in.

This is clearly some kind of defect, as I've always been super careful and with my precious 3DS and never done anything untoward to it.

I've sent an e-mail on to the service centre, but considering I bought this back in Feb 2015 I imagine they're going to tell me to shove the battery up my arse.

I would hope that just buying a new battery will fix the issue, but from everything I read on boards it seems like shipping batteries to Ireland is a big no-no.

Has any body successfully imported and installed a new battery pack on their 3DSes and could they point me in the right direction?

Thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Bulging battery? Isn't that what they do just before they rupture or burst into flames, either of which would normally warrant replacement irrespective of warranty status? Not saying you should keep using it, but I'd definitely pick up the phone to Ninty.

Good luck whatever happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Banjo wrote: »
    Bulging battery? Isn't that what they do just before they rupture or burst into flames, either of which would normally warrant replacement irrespective of warranty status? Not saying you should keep using it, but I'd definitely pick up the phone to Ninty.

Good luck whatever happens.

Yeah the battery looks on the verge of bursting into flames, so i'm not taking any chances on it. I still remember as a young lad playing gameboy having AA battery acid leak out of the back onto my delicate hands. 0/10, would not recommend.

The bit of the story i left out for the sake of brevity was that approx 2 months after purchase the N3DSXL just stopped charging, and I had to send it and my charger to Nintendo, who looked it over, fixed it for free and sent it back to me.

I am of the feeling that this current issue is related to my previous issue, so maybe my warranty coverage could be extended due to them maybe not correctly diagnosing or fixing my original issue.

But my opinion obviously doesn't matter in terms of corporate warranties, and on their website it says it costs approx 80 Sterling to fix my model of system, and buying a new high capacity battery online would cost less than that.

Assuming I can get around battery postage issues, which i'm not sure I can.

I'll be over in England pretty soon too, if there are any opportunities being in the UK would offer me that anyone knows about.

****kkkk

20934970_1892508934112241_282181065153184568_o.jpg?oh=c94354d54a94c638418ae6c354ca422a&oe=5A3560E5

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just, fecking, wow....

Just, wow...

Wow....

*english language support failure, please reboot and try posting again*

Thats an EU box so... I might just cancel the metroid one and get this, its much nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/introducing_the_snes-themed_new_nintendo_3ds_xl

Kirby triple, Mario 3d land and Luigi Mansion 2 all gonna be select games too around the time the console is released, have all three but damn good to see new games going into the range. Needs more Majoras Mask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That is one gorgeous N3DSXL! Feel sorry for the Americans with their dodgy decepticon face looking yoke... (assuming they get a similar N3DSXL)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

God damn it.

Anyone want to buy a metallic blue New Nintendo 3DS XL........

Is the Super Nintendo 3DSXL up for pre order anywhere yet?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

****kkkk

[New famicom mini 3ds XL]

That is a thing of beauty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The Super Famicom box was a lot nicer.

d19bf57f0bd28d5072d0713222a4d335.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

The SNES edition 3ds looks unreal - very tempted to order one.
    Any word on whether or not it'll be limited?

Smyths knew nothing about it today although I was bombarded with do I wanna preorder the Scorpio Xbox One X, didn't know ye olde timey Simpsons super villains had signed up with Microsoft. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

****kkkk

20934970_1892508934112241_282181065153184568_o.jpg?oh=c94354d54a94c638418ae6c354ca422a&oe=5A3560E5

That's really nice. I was going to get a N2DS but really tempted now :)

Square Enix better release Chrono Trigger either a 3ds cart or a code in a box ala pokemon gold and silver to go with this, that would be the nerdgasim cherry on the cake for this beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Is the rerelease of Pokémon Gold and Silver out for preorder anywhere in Ireland? Couldn't see it on Smyths

Only gamestop or Smyths for preorder now Argos don't offer that service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

AMGer wrote: »
    Is the rerelease of Pokémon Gold and Silver out for preorder anywhere in Ireland? Couldn't see it on Smyths

Would you need to preorder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Square Enix better release Chrono Trigger either a 3ds cart or a code in a box ala pokemon gold and silver to go with this, that would be the nerdgasim cherry on the cake for this beauty.
    You can get C/T on NDS, not the same but it's something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

You can get C/T on NDS, not the same but it's something

Doesn't it have extra content?
    Been looking for a copy for a while

Advertisement