Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I'll give ciderman first refusal since he expressed interest first!

No worries, if it's going I'll take it, if not, no panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hello, it's me CiDeRmAn. I am ready to collect my Samus Returns Special Edition TM at your earliest convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If anyones in need, I have one of those samus returns special editions available! I was gonna give it to someone off neogaf, but when he learnt the postage to the US would be about 40-50 notes at least, he decided against it.

Nice! How'd you lay your hands on that?

Still hoping that Nintendo send mine to my Parcel Wizard address... :(

[edit]
    Showing as 'Processing'...
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/73275/427195.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

BDJW wrote: »
    I dug out my original (and only!) DS the other night. I had got it as a present soon after it came out, but never played it much. I started on Mario Brothers the other night and played the first two worlds. I forgot how good it is....I can't wait to get home to play more of it tonight :D

I've completed Mario. Does anybody have any game recommendations? I did Google best DS games, but there was so many different lists that I couldn't decide which game to play next!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0753H9DY5

SNES Edition New 3DS XL's are up for pre-order on Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Star Lord wrote: »
    Nice! How'd you lay your hands on that?

Still hoping that Nintendo send mine to my Parcel Wizard address... :(

[edit]
    Showing as 'Processing'...
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/73275/427195.png

Well I meant for launch next week as I have no uncles working at Nintendo to get me early stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I've completed Mario. Does anybody have any game recommendations? I did Google best DS games, but there was so many different lists that I couldn't decide which game to play next!

Get the Professor Layton games, Phoenix Wright ones too unfortunately most good ds games retail at a very high price,the pokemon ones are astronomically high over the pokemon go craze really, ones like Chrono Trigger too will be upwards of €40, keep an eye on adverts for Sonic games and most Lego games are gems, Star Wars Indiana Jones and Batman if just for the theme music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Get the Professor Layton games, Phoenix Wright ones too unfortunately most good ds games retail at a very high
    PW the first 3 are on 3DS store arnt they? is that's any good? I dunno if the op up there had both, too lazy to check back again for their name.
    I hope you've luck getting PW, it's a great series

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

A few people mentioned wanting the boxes codes for Pokemon gold/silver -Amazon and base have em:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-3ds-pokemon-silvergold-packaged-download-code-899-amazon-885-base-2783457

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Actually Solo should have it first, I only asked about price.

• Advertisement

Well either one of you is fine, just drop me a PM.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Actually Solo should have it first, I only asked about price.

Toss a coin for it? :) You commented first dude, so go for it if you want it. But I'll gladly take it if at all possible!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Toss a coin for it? :) You commented first dude, so go for it if you want it. But I'll gladly take it if at all possible!

No, you fire away, and thanks Miles too.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No, you fire away, and thanks Miles too.

Thank you, appreciated! Miles, PM incoming!

Banjo wrote: »
    A few people mentioned wanting the boxes codes for Pokemon gold/silver -Amazon and base have em:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-3ds-pokemon-silvergold-packaged-download-code-899-amazon-885-base-2783457

They sell out fast apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I've played an embarrassingly large amount of the DS library, it would help to know though what sorta games you're generally into though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You've got
    -Pokemon
    -Professor Layton
    -Ace Attorney
    -The World Ends With You
    -Yoshi's Island
    -Mario 64 DS
    -Dragon Quest
    -Shin Megami Tensei
    -9 Persons, 9 Hours, 9 Doors
    -LoZ Phantom Hourglass
    -LoZ Spirit Tracks

Off the top of my head, the DS has a fantastic library

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You've got
    -Pokemon
    -Professor Layton
    -Ace Attorney
    -The World Ends With You
    -Yoshi's Island
    -Mario 64 DS
    -Dragon Quest
    -Shin Megami Tensei
    -9 Persons, 9 Hours, 9 Doors
    -LoZ Phantom Hourglass
    -LoZ Spirit Tracks

Off the top of my head, the DS has a fantastic library

I don't have a DS but Luigi's Mansion looks great.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I don't have a DS but Luigi's Mansion looks great.

3DS only I think, I'll less familiar with the 3DS library

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

3DS only I think, I'll less familiar with the 3DS library

But that'd work with the new 2DS?

Generations got sold off by Smyths for €10 a few months after it came out.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    But that'd work with the new 2DS?

Yep

DS only plays DS games, 2DS and 3DS can play DS and 3DS games.

So Luigi's Mansion is sound on 2DS

Some more great titles too

Soul Bubbles
    Aliens
    Alice in Wonderland
    Korg D's
    Infinite Space
    Etrian Odyssey
    Guitar Hero
    Puzzle Bobble Galaxy

Is it difficult to downgrade 3ds xl firmware, bloody action replay won't work since I accidentally upgraded an old console, don't have the damned usb cable to update the action replay neither, am getting back into old school pokemon games and just wanna make them easier to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Noble Korhedron

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'd like to play professor layton, but it always makes me feel stupid :o
    Agreed. I traded-in my Professor Layton titles because of this. The only puzzles that don't make me feel stupid are ones in Zelda games.... :(

@Robbing Bandit: What's 'Generations'?

WARNING TO ALL 2DS/3DS FAMILY USERS: Apologise for all-caps, but this CANNOT be stressed enough; they are REGION-LOCKED! I have seen at least one person have to return an NTSC 3DS game, with much hassle, because they overlooked that point....

Think he meant Monster Hunter generations.

Note, the region lock on the 2/3DS applies to DS games as well as 3DS games, even though the DS itself was not region locked!

Monster Hunter Generations it was the prior game to Monster Hunter Stories just released.

Banjo wrote: »
    Think he meant Monster Hunter generations.

Note, the region lock on the 2/3DS applies to DS games as well as 3DS games, even though the DS itself was not region locked!

You will be my press agent from now on.

• Advertisement

You will be my press agent from now on.

...and furthermore, my client would like to remind all your viewers that the lack of braille-based warnings of prosecution of shoplifters suggests that far from being a SNES-mini-thieving bastard, he is in fact the victim here, and Smyths should consider the contents of his swag bag a mere down payment of the damages owed for the emotional trauma this trial by media has caused. But if you'd like to know how much trauma, you'll have to buy the book, available from Easons this Christmas!

Advertisement