Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I saw Bandit again today, this time I said Hi.
    I might be able to build to a full Hello and a handshake next time....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's it here? €180? I keep putting off buying a 2DS/3DS but its getting harder :pac:

€170 with Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I saw Bandit again today, this time I said Hi.
    I might be able to build to a full Hello and a handshake next time....

you-ain-t-seen-me-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seems I'm in demand round these parts, you never know when a wild RobbingBandit will appear so use a Master Ball when you is lucky enough to sees one.

In the immortal words of GOB I've made a huge mistake, I passed up a game and watch of Gold Cliff yesterday, my son my son what have you done!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I saw they had a couple of G&Ws in RAGE today, one in particular I don't have, Turtles, but it was around the €70 mark so I passed on it.

Also, they have a lovely lovely Vectrex, with five boxed games plus screen overlays. Price was €399.
    Not too bad tbh, although my own Veccy has needed some capacitors replaced as well as a particular sound/control chip in order to keep it working.
    A simply amazing device.

The game and watch was £55 and guess what I had in my pocket £65 in credit, I should have bought it, damn Belfast the town just spooks me every time I'm up there. The Cex had Disgaea for ds for £30 too but couldn't find the box for it, almost bought it too just to play it again, is in no way near as good as the psp version but I still would have liked it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

I have the original DS (nearly 11/12 years old now) do the 3ds/newer games work in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I have the original DS (nearly 11/12 years old now) do the 3ds/newer games work in it?

No.

Anyone else have the SNES edition 3ds pre ordered with Smyths?
    I’m surprised I didnt get the ready for collection email last night

• Advertisement

Check the stock levels out on it some country stores don't have any in stock yet, Limerick, Cork, Athlone and Sligo. Jervis only 8 left at this stage.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-3ds-2ds-ds/3ds-and-2ds-consoles/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-console-super-nintendo-edition/p/162711

Argos are €10 cheaper. Love the snes mini holding image, or argos are gouging big time.

http://checkargos.com/product/7596256

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Cancelling my Smyths ones 240e, gonna go with Nintendo Store, but they sent out nada yet for me.... You think they'd shipped early.

Check the stock levels out on it some country stores don't have any in stock yet, Limerick, Cork, Athlone and Sligo. Jervis only 8 left at this stage.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-3ds-2ds-ds/3ds-and-2ds-consoles/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-console-super-nintendo-edition/p/162711

Must give the Waterford shop a buzz so as I pre ordered it day one!

Hopefully they're due their delivery this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Anyone having issues connecting to the eShop?
    Getting an error message on my 3ds but the Switch is fine :/

So Smyths in Waterford have their pre order SNES 3ds XLs in stock but a computer glitch is apparently preventing them from being released today!
    Was looking forward to having it this evening :(

Wtf, that's unfortunate. Did you check argos to see if they had any?

Wtf, that's unfortunate. Did you check argos to see if they had any?

Good suggestion! They have one left in stock here, and 10 euro cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Apollo Justice HD out next month meaning the whole series will be available on the 3ds :)

large.jpg
    earlier this year Capcom announced it was releasing a revamped version of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney on the 3DS. With the game already scheduled for a November launch, the Japan-based publisher and developer has now confirmed the title will release in Europe on 23rd November

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/new_story_trailer_for_apollo_justice_on_3ds_reveals_release_dates_for_north_america_and_europe

• Advertisement

Might want to drop the HD, this is the 3DS we are talking about!
    Still, it's great news

@Ace Attorney

Why is everyone pointing at me, make it stop!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Might want to drop the HD, this is the 3DS we are talking about!
    Still, it's great news

Blasphemy the 3ds is sooooo capable of HD graphics. :p

SNES 3ds XL is €219.99 in argos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    @Ace Attorney

Why is everyone pointing at me, make it stop!

tumblr_mvdsq0PccR1sg7ixxo1_500.gif

Because it was you that did it, your testimony contradicts the evidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I got a 3ds from a friend and have ocarina of time and the latest Zelda for 3ds, name escapes me, anyone got any suggestions for must have games, bar Pokémon games. Haven't time for games like that anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is the 3DS still a good purchase these days?

Looking for a treat for myself to help with the commute

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's still a great little console, but harder to recommend to someone buying new these days, when the Switch exists...

Half the price of a switch for a 2ds XL spend another €100 on ocarina of time Luigi's mansion 2 Fire Emblem and a Pokemon game and you got a fun commute

Star Lord wrote: »
    It's still a great little console, but harder to recommend to someone buying new these days, when the Switch exists...

But...

The colossal games library, from the DS to the 3DS, makes it a good device to own.
    I mean, from Etrian Odyssey to Kirby Triple Deluxe, it's just a cracking device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Oh yeah, no denying that! Still love mine, just started into Fusion mode in Metroid: Samus Returns, part way through the Monster Hunter Stories demo, and considering going for the full game.

I love the 3D in most games though, so would always recommend the 3DS over the 2DS for anyone thinking of getting one. And the "NEW" versions rather than the older models. The faster load time and improved 3D stability alone are worth the upgrade.

Advertisement