Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭megaten

Anyone know where you could pick up spare 3ds styluses in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyth's have non selects Mario Maker for 3ds for €20 as of today might finally pick one up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Smyth's have non selects Mario Maker for 3ds for €20 as of today might finally pick one up

Might do the same, though I know I'll barely play it!
    I'm not into crafting my own levels and those fan made ones on the WiiU version seemed to be a bit naff, especially the autorun stuff.
    I'd have rather had a curated set of "worlds" as a single player campaign.

Animal crossing down to €20 too am tempted to pickup a copy in order to craft the ideal town turnip manipulation and what have you, cheat Nook the crook

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Does 160 for a 2dsxl plus animal crossing seem a good deal, or would I get cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

WarioWare Gold will allow players to dub their own voices over the in game cut scenes.

https://nintendoeverything.com/warioware-gold-will-allow-players-to-make-their-own-dubs-with-cut-scenes/

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭nemes1s

Anybody know where I’d pick up a 3ds xl hyrule edition for a reasonable price?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

*cough* *cough*

Dusty in here. :)

I'm heading abroad soon and I don't think I'm brave enough to bring my Switch with me.
    I have a ton of unfinished games on my 3DS (plus lots of VC games) so I think I'll bring that instead.

I'm going to replay Super Metroid, Link to the Past, and I'm going to play some Picross too.

Are there any little indie download-only gems that came out for the 3DS in the last 18 months (since the Switch came out?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Pocket Card Jockey.

It's easily the best horse-racing/solitaire crossover game out at the moment. Highly addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭briany

If I paid 170 euro for a mint 3ds with Zelda: A Link Between Worlds pre-installed, would that be a good deal or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

briany wrote: »
    If I paid 170 euro for a mint 3ds with Zelda: A Link to the Past pre-installed, would that be a good deal or not?

if that's on someone else's account then you wouldnt be able to setup your own eshop account until it was deleted surely?

Seems expensive enough for the new version 3ds even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

megaten wrote: »
    Anyone know where you could pick up spare 3ds styluses in Dublin?

Did you find anywhere...

Could 3D print them I guess

beauf wrote: »
    Did you find anywhere...

Got them delivered from a guy off adverts.

sweetie wrote: »
    if that's on someone else's account then you wouldnt be able to setup your own eshop account until it was deleted surely?

Seems expensive enough for the new version 3ds even

I can't even find a new 3ds XL (in mint to brand new condition, that is) for less than about 250.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

beauf wrote: »
    Did you find anywhere...

I tried to 3d print one and it didn't work out too well, maybe u was doing it wrong I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Planning on buying Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, Etrian Odyssey V, Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Persona Q2 at some point (already have Etrian Odyssey 4 and Untold 1 and Persona Q).

I really love my 3DS.

I can't decide whether to buy a New 2DS XL or a New 3DS XL. I was almost going to get the 2DS XL on the basis that the 3D feature is a bit gimmicky, but was then reading reviews that the overall build quality of the 3DS XL is substantially better (better sound, built out of thicker plastic) and that even though the 3D feature is a bit gimmicky, it's better to have it than not.

I can get a New 2DS XL with a good game for around 140, which seems like an fair deal when look at what the console is going for, and I do like a new console and the whole ritual of unboxing it. I could maybe get a used 3DS XL for the same price, but don't generally trust sellers opinion of what constitutes 'good' or 'like new' condition.

Is there any here who own or have owned both and can weight in on the hands-on experience between the two?

Trying to get into Earthbound on 3ds vc just found it boring to play so far does it get more interesting or is it just nostalgic overkill at this stage.

Yeah Yeah yeah boooooooo hisssssss etc etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Planning on buying Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, Etrian Odyssey V, Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Persona Q2 at some point (already have Etrian Odyssey 4 and Untold 1 and Persona Q).

I really love my 3DS.

I'm sensing you like not only your 3DS but also Etrian Odyssey?
    I might be connecting there with the vague signals you're giving out about the franchise, but I think I'm right....

Ha!

I like them too, I have the first couple released on the DS and 3DS myself, though I'm not terribly good at them!

Couldn't finish EOIV despite enjoying it but I'm currently plugging away at Persona Q which has combat changes which make it quite a bit easier. So far anyways, I'm only on the second dungeon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Pocket Card Jockey.

It's easily the best horse-racing/solitaire crossover game out at the moment. Highly addictive.

Got about 8-10 good hours out of this, thanks for the recommendation. Getting a bit repetitive now though but it was fun while it lasted. :)

Picked up a 2DS XL, feels a lot lighter than my old 3DS XL.

What colour did you get (I have the pikachu one).

_Godot_ wrote: »
    What colour did you get (I have the pikachu one).

White and Lavender, seem to have a problem though where it doesn't recognise the cart from cold boot. It has to be reinserted while its still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've been looking for a 3DS game to play over Christmas and it passed me by that Luigi's Mansion has come out in the last few months. I played Luigi's Mansion 2 a few years ago and enjoyed it and have never tried the original on Gamecube, so this remake will do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth is coming west on the 4th of June.

No dub, which is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Any bargain bundles/discounts on a 2DS XL? Want to get Ocarina of Time a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Majora's mask is meant to be a Nintendo Select title now but I can't seen to find those copies anywhere.
    Are they in stores cause I can't seem to find them online :confused:

Advertisement