Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Just announced... how could anyone still want the XL...

B9KozwsCYAA0PZw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

gubbie wrote: »

Because the XL is beautiful...

Though that Skullkid cover set is amazing also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

gubbie wrote: »

B9KozwsCYAA0PZw.jpg

That makes me wish my ambassador edition was black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

It's just faceplates though. I'm sure you can get them at some stage.

So glad I'm not getting the xl and going for the standard black one this time round. Just seems better to me.

It's just faceplates though. I'm sure you can get them at some stage.

So glad I'm not getting the xl and going for the standard black one this time round. Just seems better to me.

They are all nice in my opinion.

Yeah but those faceplates look good on the black console is what I meant. I don't think they would look great on the White one.

iamtony wrote: »
    They are all nice in my opinion.

Well yes the xl is very nice looking, just feel ya have way more options with the standard n3ds now. So sick of my red xl since that launched.

Totally have 5 cover plates coming my way already lol. Complete money spinner but sure, options :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I literally just paid off my MM 3DS XL but that black Zelda cover looks beautiful. Is that confirmed for Europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Bear in mind that face plates aren't region-locked.
    And are less than 20 euro, so you aren't going to be charged any import charges.

Personally, wouldn't pay any more than 9.99 for a faceplate, but I want the Yoshi one badly.

If you order a few of the plates from nippon-yasan, would they charge duties since the total comes to over €20, or is it based per-item? Want to pick a few to buy, just dreading the extra customs I could be charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

xenoblade 3d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Advertisement

Heya lads quick question for anyone who has got 5 stars on there profile on new super Mario bros 2.
    I have 4 stars one for completing normal game
    One for 3 crowns
    One for star coins
    One for moon coins
    I'm trying to get the fifth which is for completing all levels and unlocking all houses etc. which ive done the only thing I haven't done is all the rainbow levels.
    I'm playing through them now but the question I have before I do all nine is do I have to play the rainbow level after unlocking it and let it disappear again or do I unlock it and have the rainbow showing on the map without playing it.
    I've asked Google but couldn't come up with an answer.
    Thanks.

Heya lads quick question for anyone who has got 5 stars on there profile on new super Mario bros 2.
    I have 4 stars one for completing normal game
    One for 3 crowns
    One for star coins
    One for moon coins
    I'm trying to get the fifth which is for completing all levels and unlocking all houses etc. which ive done the only thing I haven't done is all the rainbow levels.
    I'm playing through them now but the question I have before I do all nine is do I have to play the rainbow level after unlocking it and let it disappear again or do I unlock it and have the rainbow showing on the map without playing it.
    I've asked Google but couldn't come up with an answer.
    Thanks.
    Never mind I got it I was just missing an exit I didn't even need to rainbow levels! That was a great game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Ironfall: Invasion comes out this Friday as well and uses the c-stick on the New 3DS. I'm curious as to what it's like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Ironfall: Invasion comes out this Friday as well and uses the c-stick on the New 3DS. I'm curious as to what it's like.

Any idea if its CPP compatible, or if all c-stick games are automatically CPP games?

Also, is that the one that's free to play or is that wishful thinking on my part?

Banjo wrote: »
    Any idea if its CPP compatible, or if all c-stick games are automatically CPP games?

Also, is that the one that's free to play or is that wishful thinking on my part?

All CPP games should automagically work with the C-Stick.

chrislad wrote: »
    All CPP games should automagically work with the C-Stick.

Yeah but are all c-stick games that will run on regular 3ds CPP compatible?

Y'know, that's a very good question! Hadn't heard anyone else ask that. I'd imagine it'd be the case, but there's obviously only one way to know for sure.

Games like Majoras Mask that are for the 3DS use the CPP for the extra camera so will work but games like Xenoblade Chronicles that are specifically for the N3DS will not work.

Never thought about that, but I imagine they would be. Does the CPP add the extra buttons too?

• Advertisement

it adds one extra shoulder, I think. I'll get it out of me bag and check...
    hmmmm.... without fitting the 3DS into it I'm unsure. There's 1 shoulder button on the left, 2 on the right. Now I look at it I think the extra one on the right is because you can't reach the R Shoulder on the 3DS when it's in the CPP. So that means the CPP adds an L and R trigger, and extends the reach of the R Shoulder.

Or, if you prefer, "yes".

@Gubbie - yeah, I know there are some games that are N3DS only, but for example there were mentions of Majora's Mask having specific n3DS content. That could, in theory, include control layouts that the 3DS can't natively support but the CPP can, but that they didn't implement for the CPP because that diminishes the wow factor of the n3DS a little... maybe? Since I've yet to play Xenoblade on the Wii/WiiU, and it's the only exclusive I'm aware of, I'm wondering how big an impact the lack of an n3DS needs to have on my life.

@Star Lord - that's because this is a poor person's question. And where are the poor getting all these megabits for posting on the internet? They should be saving them to buy their kids clothes in the Marks n Sparks sale!

CPP added two buttons, so you had your L and R (The R on the CPP for the exact reason Banjo listed, unless you had freakily long fingers, you couldn't reach the standard R button) and the ZL and ZR triggers.

circlepadpro04.jpg

The NEW 3DS has the ZR and ZL inset a little past the R and L buttons, so they have the same buttons, so functionally, everything *should* be the same control wise on either CPP or NEW 3DS.
    new-nintendo-3ds-standard-size-5.jpg

The NEW 3DS will have the better processing/loading times of course, and the fancy-schmancy new "super stable 3D" and NFC too, so with any luck we can touch off our Amiibos to get 1 rupee in Majora's Mask, like in Hyrule Warriors...

I just did a quick speed test of loading smash after reading your post and their is a good difference.
    57 second from opening game to actually starting a fight on the old one vs 37 seconds on the new one.

Here's a good comparison video too:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭Nollog

Has the team decided on a particular control scheme? Additionally, has any consideration been given to the possibility of supporting the Circle Pad Pro?
    We don’t want players to be disappointed by controls, so we’ll include several control schemes, you’ll be able to choose the one that best match your way of playing.
    At VD Dev our preference goes for a stylus control, because you have a aiming precision like as a mouse.
    We have read on various forums that players would appreciate a Circle Pad Pro control, requests from our fans are very important for us, so we are proud to announce you that we are working on the circle pad pro integration in the game.
    http://nintendoeverything.com/interview-vd-dev-talks-ironfall-streetpass-support-tech-details-and-lots-more/

They said they'd like to include CPP support back in October 2013.

In other news, American Club Nintendo folks seems to have already gotten their copies of Flipnote studio?

Anyone know how long gamestop will hold a pre order for? Don't think I'm gonna be here for the 13th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got my new microSD card delivered today. So ready to transfer everything over tomorrow.

I pass this almost everyday. Always makes me smile.

JUmSrNA.jpg

uivuymye4xsx9ogjilje.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I saw that and went wtf?
    But then I remembered and all was right with the world...
    Well, aside from watching the moon like a hawk for the next three days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anime app is up on eshop, 3 episodes of a Kirby cartoon, Pokemon advance(the ruby/sapphire arc) and weird football anime, streaming is flawless so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

cloud493 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long gamestop will hold a pre order for? Don't think I'm gonna be here for the 13th.

I want to say 48 hours but I'm not sure. I've definitely pre-ordered a game and picked it up the day after release once.

Jamie OD wrote: »
    I want to say 48 hours but I'm not sure. I've definitely pre-ordered a game and picked it up the day after release once.

Thanks, turns out I don't need to hold my pre order, I was just afraid I was gonna be away for the weekend :P

Monster Hunter too.
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/nintendo-3ds-2ds-ds/c-698/3ds-games/p-10873/monster-hunter-4-ultimate-3ds/?cmp=cel&trigger=ac
    Damn the lack of pay-out blood- and sperm- donation clinics near the Carrickmines Smyths.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It comes with club points too, I had thought they were discontinued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I just did a quick speed test of loading smash after reading your post and their is a good difference.
    57 second from opening game to actually starting a fight on the old one vs 37 seconds on the new one.

What's causing the faster loading times? Newer and faster sd cards?

What's causing the faster loading times? Newer and faster sd cards?

Faster processor inside the 'New' 3DS.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Faster processor inside the 'New' 3DS.

Ok, I wonder if there's any point in ordering a faster micro sd card or will it make much difference.

Ok, I wonder if there's any point in ordering a faster micro sd card or will it make much difference.

What 'class' is your micro sd?

• Advertisement

I didn't do a massive amount of research but I don't know if it will make a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLpn_-ZHuG4

Of course, the newer 3DSs could be different.

Just picked up my black n3ds in gamestop on Henry st there, Woohoo! so excited! it looks deadly, feels comfortable. The snes buttons really pop out in the black.

There was another dude picking up the MM N3DS while I was there, €270 or so, crazy amount, but man, it looked pretty sweet!

Star Lord wrote: »
    What 'class' is your micro sd?

Class 10. Would there be a real world difference between a 20gb read/write sd card and 45 read/write speed sd card? Just saw chrislads video so there probably won't be.

I've ordered a N3DS so just trying to get the best sd card for it, not even sure why I've ordered one though because I barely used my 2ds. I blame everyone of these nintendo threads for convincing me :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I am so happy Europe got both versions and the Majora's mask preinstalled with that bundle. Almost makes up for constantly paying more for our games doesn't it?

Also, joint EU/NA release? Thank you Nintendo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got my new 3DS XL. Will be doing the transfers later. Which seem like they will be a pain. Why can't Nintendo have a proper process for this. Quite frankly the whole thing is just silly.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It comes with club points too, I had thought they were discontinued.

I was thinking the same thing I don't know if I should use them or hold them in case they do a promotion for buying a new console and a game and get another game free but I presume that wouldn't apply if you've alreDy registered the console.
    I know it's ending soon anyway but no harm in keeping them for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone planning on playing games they've already played with the new 3D head tracking to get that experience? May get back to 3D Land

Anyone getting issues with the 3d in majora's mask I had to switch it off as I was seeing double or triple of everything at times. I think it might need to be calibrated or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MicroSD. Motherfcukers. Off to sell my recently purchased 32 gb card now.

• Advertisement

Anyone getting issues with the 3d in majora's mask I had to switch it off as I was seeing double or triple of everything at times. I think it might need to be calibrated or something.

I have an Animal Crossing XL and I am too.

I love the music in this theme. Anyone know which Kirby it's from?

Finally I also have a code for the purple Zelda theme. Anyone want it?

Advertisement