Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southampton vs Manchester United match thread 8/12/2014 8PM Sky.

12345679»

Comments

• Ahhhhaaahaaa, what do you want? An investigation?
    The referee has cards in his pocket if he feels it's too much.

MD negated to mention fontes elbow on Herrera as did a few other lurkers
    Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Peter Crouch has the same problem as Fellaini, being tall your elbows are higher...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

MD1990 wrote: »
    Somethings has to be done about Fellaini elbowing players. Thug of a player. Man Utd luck has to run out soon.
    What about Fonte smacking Herrera in the face at the end? Did you see that? Selective outrage. Got to love it.

5 wins in a row, love it! Cant wait for Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Somethings has to be done about Fellaini elbowing players. Thug of a player. Man Utd luck has to run out soon.

His elbows are knees.

Knees on his arms.

Zomfng won't somebody think of the chillun!!!!!!

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,595 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Will take that.

Remember all the 1-0 Cantonas back in the day, where flashes of individual brilliance won games for us? Nobody was complaining then...

ANOTHER injured defender though :(

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lol

That was worse too, waiting on an equaliser that never came... have to find something to rabble about instead.

Will take that.

Remember all the 1-0 Cantonas back in the day, where flashes of individual brilliance won games for us? Nobody was complaining then...

ANOTHER injured defender though :(

Yeah Cantona at one end and Schmeichel at the other.
    Seems a good combination, have top forwards and goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

He is the worst. His elbows have teeth as well.
    Ahhhhaaahaaa, what do you want? An investigation?
    The referee has cards in his pocket if he feels it's too much.
    Ive no respect for players like Fellaini. Its why I was delighted to Adam leave Liverpool as he is similar constantly trying to injure players in a cowardly fashion.

Great to have Southampton away done with, always tricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Poor match but Van Persie was excellent. His movement, passing, hold up play and all round positivity set him apart from the rest of the team. He really leads by example when he's playing like that. To win away to this Southampton team and not play well might not bode well for the short term but this mentality can only be a good thing as the season progresses.

• Advertisement

Lol
    That was poor too. Mane should have been sent off too. But Fellaini is conssitently elbowing players & its a getting ridiculous at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Beat Southampton's A team tonight, now bring on their B team Sunday.

• That was worse too, waiting on an equaliser that never came... have to find something to rabble about instead.

They were waiting for it too ha

On the result, Its great that we are regaining that winning mentality even while playing poorly
    Chris smalling is the most annoying thing about tonight. After he started to pick up form yet again he's injured
    Rvps form is picking up, falcoa must be kicking himself

Ive no respect for players like Fellaini. Its why I was delighted to Adam leave Liverpool as he is similar constantly trying to injure players in a cowardly fashion.

He didn't even elbow him, it was a flailing arm that caught him, didn't look intentional at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

As the spainish would say.

Jajajajajajajajajajaja

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

What Liverpool wouldn't give for a striker with half of RVP ability and movement.

You mean Suarez?

As the spainish would say.

Jajajajajajajajajajaja

Very mature

That was poor too. Mane should have been sent off too. But Fellaini is conssitently elbowing players & its a getting ridiculous at this stage.

At least it's not biting

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    You mean Suarez?

Suarez was not a dirty player by any stretch of anyone's imagination

Very mature

As jaun mata would text Dave

Jajajajaja

• What Liverpool wouldn't give for a striker with half of RVP ability and movement.

At least rvp played today with two up front, that's the issue Rodgers has introduced with his stubborness to play a lone striker

He didn't even elbow him, it was a flailing arm that caught him, didn't look intentional at all.
    He is always leading with his elbow. Its cowardly. Its happens way too often for it not be intentional. Its either because he is a Man Utd player or that your incredibly naive that u think Fellaini's elbows are not intentional.

About as 'dirty' as Fellaini

• Suarez was not a dirty player by any stretch of anyone's imagination

:P

Must resist.........

• Advertisement

He is always leading with his elbow. Its cowardly. Its happens way too often for it not be intentional. Its either because he is a Man Utd player or that your incredibly naive that u think Fellaini's elbows are not intentional.

Meh. For all the bitching that goes on about his elbows I hope the are intentional. Better than lying and saying they weren't

I've seen him fly recklessly into tackles and feign injury himself more than once.

:P

Must resist.........

Quick.

Here's a muzzle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Post world cup rustiness seems to be wearing off with RvP hitting form. His general play and touch was very good tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

The man's a saint!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hopefully Fellaini readies the people's elbow for our retention of the international champions cup at the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

But in Belgium its customary to elbow people in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

glued wrote: »

A gesture of friendship afaik

Was very impressed with Wanyama tonight. Mata for 37m is a complete flop despite his stats. RVP played very well & looks to have regained confidence.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Great player. Gets stuck in.

Beat Arsenal and Southampton away. Drew with Chelsea.

3rd despite poor performances and a horror injury list.

Looking at some other big teams languishing in mid table despite having most of thir players fit, I'm delighted!

• Love lvg, in fairness I believe he took off McNair at the right time. If he left him on we would have lost and McNair would have been even more demoralised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

it beggars belief how bad United were and have been yet are still in 3ed in the league, maybe they'll come good now and kick on from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

jonnny68 wrote: »
    it beggars belief how bad United were and have been yet are still in 3ed in the league, maybe they'll come good now and kick on from this.

The league is really poor this season. The worst I can remember in a long long time. Defending is a dying art in the premier league.

There has been a counter argument that the lesser teams have gotten better and closed the gap, and there's an element of truth to that but really the standard in the league has dropped hugely IMO with defending being non existent at times from numerous teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Only saw the second half but that could be a massive 3 points come next May. RVP was fantastic, not just the goals but his all round play and work rate. He took some heavy treatment too and seemed to thrive on it.

Mata very poor, but that's not a surprise. He's never any good when UTD struggle to keep the ball. Rooney was out-muscled a few times too.

The players deserve credit for getting the win but the performance was shaky, albeit Southampton have shown they are no mugs and not many teams will win there.

Our biggest problem is pace when DiMaria is not playing. The team are too slow getting up the pitch because there's no real pace anywhere.

Just on the couple of tackles, for me the Southampton player slipped so it was worse than it might have been but it was unintentionally reckless and RVP could have been hurt. I think his reaction showed HD knew it was partly a slip.

Fellaini knew exactly what he was doing IMO, lucky boy he didn't really connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

That's admirable but I feel that Fellaini is more clumsy than dirty, whereas Adam is a vile creature. I would love to see him get a broken leg and I've never said that ever about a player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Shocking poor but still managed to win, Southampton must be kicking themselves. The midfield tonight were dreadful. We are creating little or nothing, there's no energy. Support play very poor and no options coming out of defence with the ball so the ball is going long a lot. A centre half, Kevin Strootman and a pacy right winger required in Jan. A miracle we won the last 5 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

glued wrote: »
    To be honest, I live in Belgium and the people are generally scummy arseholes. You might be on to something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Was very impressed with Wanyama tonight

Jeez, I thought Wanyama was fairly poor. Mane was just dire.

That was probably the worst match I've watched this season. United were terrible, especially Fellani. The amount of times he gave the ball away was atrocious. Van Persie took his chances and that second finish was mouth watering. Rooney was fairly anonymous too.

We were very lucky to win. If Shane Long had the ability to finish we'd have finished with no points from tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

adox wrote: »
    The league is really poor this season. The worst I can remember in a long long time. Defending is a dying art in the premier league.

There has been a counter argument that the lesser teams have gotten better and closed the gap, and there's an element of truth to that but really the standard in the league has dropped hugely IMO with defending being non existent at times from numerous teams.

The attacking talent in the league is at an all time high imo. Most bottom half teams have players capable of getting 15 odd goals a season. In fact the top 12 all have strikers I'd fancy to hit 20 if at Chelsea or City this season. Maybe a few below that too and that's not counting the creative players.

The fitness levels of some teams is off the charts too to levels like not before. United don't really have too many athletic players which makes set ups like tonight all the more baffling, with a squad like United's you have to outplay the opposition, they are bad at closing down and pressurising opponents so should be keeping the ball and make them do the running.

Great leauge this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Huge week for United if we're to mount a title challenge. Two very winnable games. If Rooney starts United might just sneak a 2-1 win.

Wow, we really did sneak that result. Thankfully I had it backed at 17/2. Despite the terrible performance, victory over Liverpool will make for a great week.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement