Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting a 1993 Econoline

Options
  • 07-12-2014 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭

From reading a lot of posts and other info about the height rule I think I am probably not going to be able to have a 1993 Econoline converted but, ever hopeful, thought ask for experienced advice and input all the same!

I've read the revenue regs here http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vrt/vehicle-conversions.html#section7 and note whilst there is explicit height requirement it clearly says "Comfortable living accommodation should comprise an area where a person (of average height) could move around in a standing position."

The van I am thinking of is not a high top, it has a similiar space and height to a T5, i.e plenty of room for a living environment but in a crouching rather than standing position.

Has anyone recently managed to register a camper under the 1.8m?

Advertisement