Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mum on the Run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Ososlo wrote: »
    Have a great race tomorrow BG!

Thanks Ososlo, hoping it's not as windy as Dunboyne :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Thanks Ososlo, hoping it's not as windy as Dunboyne :eek:

Don't worry. I make a great wind breaker;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Good luck to you BG (and adrian, aquinn and RR).

Sub-44 no bother to you :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Go BG! Best of luck tomorrow, will be sending good vibes to you all!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Best of luck tomorrow, great time there for the taking, nice course but watch out for the uphill finish.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    watch out for the uphill finish.

:eek:

Really ? Well I guess it can't be any worse than Ardgillan last week. Can it....?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nah, just a slight incline really but noticeable when you are pushing at the end of the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

All the best G - confident you'll get that PB. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Very best of luck tomorrow, cant wait to read the race report already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Good luck to tomorrow G! Bring on the pb :)

• Advertisement

Saturday - BHAA K-Club 10K
    44:43 (gun time) equal PB* :D:D

*but I am claiming a moral PB based on the fact that it took about 10 seconds to get to the start line and my watch (started at the gun) said 44:42 :D

No time to write the report today but just to say a massive thanks to Redrunner who got me to the 5K marker bang on target and as a result the whole race was really comfortable, compared to my usual style of overcooking it initially then dying a slow and painful death for the rest of the race.

Congratulations to Adrian, aquinn, Firedance, Chickey2, Meno, AMK and Career Move – lovely to meet you all and some great PBs there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Well done! Was lovely to meet you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Saturday - BHAA K-Club 10K
    44:43 (gun time) equal PB* :D:D

*but I am claiming a moral PB based on the fact that it took about 10 seconds to get to the start line and my watch (started at the gun) said 44:42 :D

No time to write the report today but just to say a massive thanks to Redrunner who got me to the 5K marker bang on target and as a result the whole race was really comfortable, compared to my usual style of overcooking it initially then dying a slow and painful death for the rest of the race.

Congratulations to Adrian, aquinn, Firedance, Chickey2, Meno, AMK and Career Move – lovely to meet you all and some great PBs there too.

You're giving me more credit than I deserve BG. you did all the hard work in the second half of the race. I was hoping to get you to 8/9k and then let you go but alas the fitness is just not there yet. I think you can definitely claim a PB as the times seem to be all over the place. I'd go by your watch time since you started it at the gun.

Well done on a great performance, I hoped I at least helped with blocking the wind!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Well done again! Super race for you, look forward to the report :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Congrats BG, sub-45 is incredible! No doubt more to come off that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Very well done BG, super super time :-)

Well done today great running!

Great to get under 45...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Hey, well done! And yes, take that moral PB, damn shame that there is no starting mat :mad: Get writing those emails to the organisers "less cake, more starting mat!" Actually what a silly idea..."cake AND starting mat!" :D
    Looking forward to the report...tomorrow ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Well done today and nice to meet you.
    The 5k I was telling you about (as posted in Adrian's Log) actually has an 8pm starting time not 7. So maybe that would suit you?
    https://www.facebook.com/BobHeffernan5kRoadRace

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Well done BG. Good running in the conditions. Nice to meet you afterwards :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Good stuff...

+1 to all of the above, BG, you nailed it! Congrats!

Never in doubt! ;)

Race report: K-Club 10K, 11th April.

44:43 Official (gun) time (=PB :D)

I’m really happy with this race for a few reasons. My last standard 10K was Dunshaughlin in June 2014 and it was a goal race I’d been working towards for a long time. Sub-45 was the holy grail and I killed myself to get there (almost literally – I was out of action after it for a couple of months for various reasons). Gun time then was 44:53 and net (watch time from the start line – no starting mats in Dunshaughlin either) was 44:43. So even though officially I can’t claim the K-club race as a PB, I am claiming a moral victory ;)

1-5K (22:17) Stopwatch splits from the gun were 4:32, 4:18, 8:51 (missed the 3K marker) 4:35.
    I mentioned further back that RedRunner very kindly paced me to halfway, getting me there bang on target and very nobly pardoning my stepping on his heels several times. I was very possessive of him, I have to say – at one stage this guy in a blue top tried to muscle in behind RR and in front of me and I had to politely nudge him back in his box. Reminded me of Room on The Broom where the animals scare away the dragon, saying ‘BUZZ OFF, that’s MY witch!’. I realise that won’t be remotely funny unless you have small kids but that was my thought process mid-race…..

6-10K (22:25) Splits were 4:37, 9:00 (missed 7K), 4:32, 4:16.
    RR let me away at this point (probably wanted to salvage what was left of his heels) and pointed out a girl ahead who was keeping a similar pace. So I focused on her and kept her pace. She started to pull away around 8K and I felt it was a bit early for me to try to follow her. In retrospect I should have gone with her because I was able to put the boot down for the last Km and finished quite strongly and in reasonable comfort.

Like Raheny 5 where I fell a few seconds short of the A-goal, the lack of an (official ;)) PB here doesn’t bother me because I’d be confident now of a faster time with 10K-specific training and a goal race at the end of it. I’m really happy to have done a decent 10K off 5K training and not so fresh legs. Dunshaughlin 2015 let’s be havin’ ya!
    • 6.5 miles incl. 10K race (and a poor excuse of a warm-up. Next time more warm-up, less chatting).

Ah G, you were a bit harsh there. The witch had a dog and a cat and a half dozen other critters on there. Plus Robbie is tall enough to hide a football team behind. Nice running!

Murph_D wrote: »
    Ah G, you were a bit harsh there. The witch had a dog and a cat and a half dozen other critters on there. Plus Robbie is tall enough to hide a football team behind. Nice running!

I didn't want to share! :D

That's not a moral PB.... that's an actual PB, if you go by the gun times!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Well done again G. As I said, you know the improvement is there and training is going well. Great signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Great running yesterday BG!
    It's all going in the right direction for you!

• Advertisement

Finished off the week with a nice and easy recovery run up to the Wooden Bridge and back. Had a few tweaks and twinges after yesterday but they eased out as I ran. The sea looked very blue and sparkly this evening. Lovely run :D
    • 50:00 (5.2 miles)

TOTAL WEEKLY MILES: 32

Advertisement