Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theft from Cars - Headford Road Area

Options
  • 07-12-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Warning to everyone to be cautious when locking your car with your fob. Yesterday I locked my car when going into the Dunnes stores supermarket in Terryland in Galway. A laptop bag (minus the laptop as it was at home) was stolen from my car while I was in the shop. The security in Dunnes have the footage which shows two women in a blue Volkswagen 02 ww reg car follow me into the shop and then go to my car and sit in it rifling through my glove compartment etc. They then stole the bag from the back of my car. The Guards suspect a jammer was used to block the signal which meant I thought my car was locked but it wasn't. The same thing happened to another person in the Curry's car park later on in the evening.
    The two women are blondeish haired, and a man was driving the blue Volkswagen 02 ww reg estate car. Better make sure you all check your doors are really locked after you click the button on your key fob.........

UPDATE ON THIS: The car came through the motorway toll in Ballinasloe / Athlone yesterday (Saturday 6th December)at around 3.30 pm and went back through the toll again at 7.15 yesterday evening (Saturday 6th December). So most likely from the midlands or Dublin area. The other lady in Curry's car park had a lot of stuff taken from her car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I was just reading this it to my mam and a woman comes on the radio talking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 InsigniaOwner

Mars Bar, was this on Galway Bay radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Mars Bar, was this on Galway Bay radio?

Yes Galway Bay FM, heard it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Something similar happened to someone I know in Manchester, with the key fob capture equipment.

Expensive items were nicked. Many car insurance policies won't insure you unless your stuff is either locked in the glove compartment or in the boot.

Always good to record serial numbers on phones/laptops/valuables also to photo them and add them to your house insurance.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 InsigniaOwner

Yes, from now on anything I have will be in the boot. These people I think followed me from the Tesco store though. They obviously thought there was a laptop in the bag. My consolation is the thought of her face when she opened the bag and found no laptop!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Was in the Irish Indo today, too - small print on a sidebar.

Advertisement