Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juvenile Transfer help needed

• 07-12-2014 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi sorry new to boards but just need help with a club transfer problem I'm having

So baisically I'm a 15 year old from meath and I was playing football with the u15 team untill a dispute with one of the managers caused me to leave,I live near the Louth border and go to school there and I was wondering if I was to move club to one in Louth would I need a club transfer or can I just register and play? As I had a dispute with the managers i would like to move with out having to contact them
    Thanks and any reply would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Duz_MMA wrote: »
    Hi sorry new to boards but just need help with a club transfer problem I'm having

So baisically I'm a 15 year old from meath and I was playing football with the u15 team untill a dispute with one of the managers caused me to leave,I live near the Louth border and go to school there and I was wondering if I was to move club to one in Louth would I need a club transfer or can I just register and play? As I had a dispute with the managers i would like to move with out having to contact them
    Thanks and any reply would be great

I'm not aware of the transfer window in Meath/Louth, but the Dublin window closes this evening @ 5.30pm. All applications require you to submit your GAA membership number with the application and you'll need the Club Secretary to sign the authorising transfer also. You mightn't want to do it, but you'll have to contact your club, I wouldn't leave it any longer if you want to be playing next season. If you're leaving under "acrimonious" circumstances the last thing the receiving club will want is an unauthorised transfer .. try and build a bridge

edit .. and keep any correspondence that you enter into

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Duz_MMA

Thanks I'll contact the club now

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rosknight

Whatever happened the Auld saying
    "You don't choose your Club - You're Born to it"

Unless you have moved house, I can't see how you can transfer from one Club to another.
    Is it not the case that you must play with the GAA club in which you reside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Duz_MMA

Yeah but the thing is I'm not getting played because of it.
    I really love the sport and don't want this to be the end of me playing it

Advertisement