Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to tile a kitchen floor

Options
  • 08-12-2014 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Due to move into a new house next week and am shopping around for a tiler. The area is 19sqm and the tiles are either going to be a large or medium gloss porcelain (no pattern to match up). There are no tiles on the floor at the moment it is just concrete as it's a new build. Do we supply the grout/ adhesive or would the tiler? Any guide prices would be appreciated as I don't have a clue and really can't afford to be ripped off. I got quoted today for €520 I thought that was a bit steep.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

€15/sqM to lay the tiles is about the norm if your supplying the materials.

You'll need four 20kg bags of adhesive & one bag of grout so expect to pay roughly €100 for this.
    All in under €400 and if should take more than 2 days max. One day to lay the tiles and a few hours the next to grout.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

I would agree 15mtr too but that would be for someone doing you a cash job, more like 20 to 25 plus the vat. cash might be tight but remember you get what you pay for a lot of so called tilers out there and you only get one chance so be sure to see the work he has done and be sure your happy

Advertisement