Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bluetooth headset on win 7

• 08-12-2014 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

I thought my nice new DR-BTN200 sony headset was going to have to go back to the shop. Then thanks to google I found the answer to my problem here of all places.
    For the benefit of others and in case the link goes down I'll paste the relevant bits:
    THE PROBLEM: I find the headset, connect it, but afterwards Windows writes that no drivers for Bluetooth peripheral device were found (3 or 4 encriptions like this, so, 3-4 drivers needed). The headset itself guarrantees fine working with Windows 8, the producer doesn't give any drivers to install, you won't find them on Sony's website - it should work as plug-n-play, they say those drivers are preinstalled on Windows 8.
    So, finally I found what worked for me: Re: Full Bluetooth functionality in Bootcamp (audio, A2DP, FTP, OBEX) third variant, none of first 2 worked.. The only trouble was to find the correct link since on Acer site there is no download link. I've googled for "Bluetooth_Atheros_7.4.0.96_W7x64_A.zip" since this is the archive the guy is actually talking about. The 4th link on google was http://www.laptop-software.com/Acerdriversdownload.php?GDFiles/Driver/Bluetooth/ Bluetooth_Atheros_7.4.0.96_W7x64_A.zip?acerid=634556349384706773&Step1=Notebook& Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%204830Z&OS=721&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=PA_6 and I chose to downlad from the first download link. Then the steps are:
    1) unzip the folder

2) don't look for x64 or x32, there is only a one installer called "Bluetooth_Suite_win7"
    3) install Bluetooth_Suite_win7
    4) after it installs Windows starts downloading and recognizing drivers, I don't know how it actually works, but it also downloaded and recognized the unrecognized before drivers for my Bluetooth headset.
    5) Restart Windows
    6) Turn on headphones - they connect automatically, everything works and works great, the quality of sound is exactly the same as it was on Mac OS, nothing that would bother me.

I had to run the troubleshooter to get things going but hats off to the apple hacker who came up with this.

To be sure I'm repeating that very long link above to the driver download here it is

You will create a restore point before unzipping anything won't you..

Advertisement