Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting paid in Pounds

Options
  • 08-12-2014 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

If I get paid in British Pounds to my Bank Account will my bank (TSB) charge me anything extra?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I presume you mean Permanent TSB?

There is a €1.25 currency conversion fee on all lodgements (this might be a minimum charge and it may be higher), and whatever the rate of exchange is

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Morning All

I'm paid in £ GBP by WIRE transfer from the UK into my BOI account. Aside from a poor exchange rate BOI also charge 5 Euro per credit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

I'm paid in £ GBP by WIRE transfer from the UK into my BOI account. Aside from a poor exchange rate BOI also charge 5 Euro per credit!

Would it not be better to have a UK account and transfer the money via transfer wise or currencyfair. Save alot of money on exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Kerrybai

homer911 wrote: »
    I presume you mean Permanent TSB?

There is a €1.25 currency conversion fee on all lodgements (this might be a minimum charge and it may be higher), and whatever the rate of exchange is

Cheers mate, it appears than the 3% less I am getting on Amazon's exchange rate would be similar to the TSB rate plus charges, now I wonder can I just get paid in Euros...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Kerrybai

Kerrybai wrote: »
    Cheers mate, it appears than the 3% less I am getting on Amazon's exchange rate would be similar to the TSB rate plus charges, now I wonder can I just get paid in Euros...

I meant to say Pounds... that way I could test it fully and see which comes out on top, I imagine the difference is very small either way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement