Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question on new mortgage proposals

Options
  • 08-12-2014 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I know the 80% ltv etc for the new year but when they talk about a limit of 3.5 times the joint salaries, would this include all mortgages ? i.e. if you have a mortgage already , would this be taken into account or would the 3.5 limit only apply to new mortgages ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭SBarrett

That question is not addressed directly in the consultation paper but it would be for all mortgages. Remember, the banks will still have their own tests, including ability to repay and net disposable income after debts are repaid.

Steven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

SBarrett wrote: »
    That question is not addressed directly in the consultation paper but it would be for all mortgages. Remember, the banks will still have their own tests, including ability to repay and net disposable income after debts are repaid.

Steven

so at the moment i have a mortgage and would qualify for another one. However if i waited until january and new rules came in i wouldnt get the mortgage due to the 3.5 rule

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

How did you get on milkman. i am in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Lenders policy and criteria has not changed since 2014 and Central Banks proposals are not yet in place and are unlikely to be as there is huge opposition to same.

Advertisement