Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jump start a car using a Renault Laguna 3

• 08-12-2014 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi all, quick one hopefully, I have a Laguna 3, 1.5dci, and need to jump another car using mine. Only problem is the battery connectors are not really accesable, as in the clamps seem to be recessed so I can't get a connection with the jump leads.

Has anyone got any experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I had this problem with my dad's Mondeo, just get the positive connected and ground it off any bit of metal in the bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

So get the positive connected to the dead car, then ground the negative to the bay of the dead car? I tried that the other day, the problem is that there's no way that I can see to get the clamps onto the battery. I'll post a pic in a min, might help.

D242D095-96E9-4773-AE39-C1A5A44A4ACD.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Turtle-TM wrote: »
    So get the positive connected to the dead car, then ground the negative to the bay of the dead car? I tried that the other day, the problem is that there's no way that I can see to get the clamps onto the battery. I'll post a pic in a min, might help.

Yeah, connecting your positive to his positive and then you can connect your negative to any metal part of the body/Bay, that worked for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Put the + lead onto the bar with the 2 bolts in it that's on top of the clamp on battery terminal It'll do the same job as clamping around the terminal itself.

Also seems you can do the same on the neg side too.

Sorry I'm on my phone can't give you a picture with an arrow..

• Advertisement

Got it working. The ridged tab on the positive side is where you put the positive lead, attaching the negative to the screws from the other terminal seemed to work. Had to attach to the negative point on the dead battery for it to charge. Some guides I read said earth it, some said attach to the battery. (Yes I read a guide to jump start a car!! I usually call the AA when it's my car)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Turtle-TM wrote: »
    (Yes I read a guide to jump start a car!! I usually call the AA when it's my car)

Well if you have AA Roadside Assist then they'll come and jumpstart the other car for you if you say you are a passenger in it. Your Membership also covers cars you are a passenger in, have gotten herself's car jump started by the AA this way as i'm a member.

Advertisement