Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Penalty Point offences effective today

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

woody33 wrote: »
    Grand, I was hoping it wasn't a complete ban on u-turns.

Don't worry, the mammies will still drive up to the school entrance, double park, take 10 minutes to get their brood out of the car and do a U turn right there and if told otherwise still throw a fit. Should one of them get a ticket, there will be complaints to the Gards, the school board and then they'll call Joe about how they where victimised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭sidcon

http://www.irishcarrentals.com/images/sign_u_turn.png
    When you see one of these your not allowed to do a uturn, they are normally at traffic lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

sidcon wrote: »
    http://www.irishcarrentals.com/images/sign_u_turn.png
    When you see one of these your not allowed to do a uturn, they are normally at traffic lights.

Just like this - that people ignore all too often.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.4038915,-6.3020807,3a,75y,37.91h,79.82t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s4zzUkBLiH9eyniTJKrOWNg!2e0

Hopefully there will be better enforcement of the new regulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

Given the lack of Gardai and other things for them to do, they need more automated enforcement. ANPR camera, drive past with no NCT, then points. Some leeway could be shown for few weeks, but people who are out for years should not get this. Likewise put a camera on a Naas Road, drive in outer lane while inner lane empty -> ticket in post.
    Paulw wrote: »

By people you mean taxis don't you, really.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They're telling people to ring the nct call centre to book a test as the website is booking dates far into the future.

Jesus Christ like. Fix the f*cking website. Not that f*cking difficult.

This thread just reminded me to check. Due 6/2/15. Cork Little Island first date available March 2015. Youghal free first week in January. I remember last time I tried to book 5 months in advance I couldn't get a booking in Cork, Waterford or Youghal and eventually got it down in Dublin on a day that I was heading up on business. NCT said yesterday when question that they keep spaces on the website for those ringing up last minute. What kind of f**king logic is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Given the lack of Gardai and other things for them to do, they need more automated enforcement. ANPR camera, drive past with no NCT, then points.

But, that would make sense. I can't see the Govt doing that.

By people you mean taxis don't you, really.

Not only taxis. Plenty of others do it too, rather than going to the roundabout at the top of the road. I saw a truck do it recently, almost taking two cars out of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

They're telling people to ring the nct call centre to book a test as the website is booking dates far into the future.

Jesus Christ like. Fix the f*cking website. Not that f*cking difficult.

You do know this is Ireland. IT and the Irish government do not work.
    Think e-voting machines, PULSE, LEAP card, or for that matter getting ANY government system to talk to another one.
    To fix an Irish state or semi-state website will take 10 years and cost €500 million. And it still won't work, it will look slicker and more up-to-date, but the basic system underneath that was broken to start with, won't be fixed. That would be another 10 years and a few more millions, mostly going to consultants friends and family of whoever commissioned this so they can skim a few bob of the top for themselves while not really doing anything. Not that that matters, consultant's reports get filed away for a minimum of 5 years, by which time they are out of date and need to be done again. And so the circle starts again.
    I would guess that useless bloodsuckers are scamming the Irish state for billions each year, all in collusion with politicians and civil servants who are getting a nice slice of the pie.

Advertisement