Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook password issue

Options
  • 08-12-2014 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I got a macbook built up as set up from start. It's set up with my iTunes and iCloud account.

Issue is when I go to download software a password request is coming up with username "macbook" is this set by default? What type of password is this and how do I go about resetting it, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Jpb55 wrote: »
    I got a macbook built up as set up from start. It's set up with my iTunes and iCloud account.

Issue is when I go to download software a password request is coming up with username "macbook" is this set by default? What type of password is this and how do I go about resetting it, thanks
    it should only pop up when you are installing it. its usually for non app store software. its the password that you use to log in. mac forum Here

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jpb55

Yeah, it's 3rd party software I'm downloading, I haven't set a log in password, I'm a newbie to Mac life

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Jpb55 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's 3rd party software I'm downloading, I haven't set a log in password, I'm a newbie to Mac life
    just hit enter then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jpb55

Got it sorted, guy who did it for me set the password as something basic, just forgot to tell me :)

Advertisement