Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlackBerry users?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

glic83 wrote: »
    thats the problem here, no many places are selling bb so you nearly need to get it online these days.

It's a real shame too. Know any reputable online shops to buy the BB classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

jonon9 wrote: »
    It's a real shame too. Know any reputable online shops to buy the BB classic.

Keep an eye on hukd.co.uk , If there are any deals you should see them pop up over there as the UK market is a lot bigger.

I had a browse around a few stores today looking at a few different phones, anyway the only place I saw that had any bb phones was o2.

They had a Z10 (I think , didn't get much time to check it out properly only a few mins,as I had the baby with me), but it felt nice,liked it for the few mins I used it, except for the price was around 400 euro I think. The same phone could be had for around 150 pounds in the UK so the pricing of bb here is way off, especially since their decline in the Irish market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

yesterday i bought an unlocked iphone 5 for 220 euros, and i sold it today.
    I really can't handle iPhone, most of the things I do on my Passport won't work on the iPhone.
    I'm not talking about apps but just the OS itself, so many things that are default in BlackBerry 10 that won't work.
    People tell me to jailbreak it, but I want to update whenever.

I guess I can never go back to any other system after using BlackBerry 10 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I've been using BlackBerry(s) for the last 5 years or so. Started with one of the sliders (can't remember which one), 9900, Z10 and currently Z30.

Integrated mailbox or the hub is probably the biggest plus for me. All calls, emails, texts, tweets, BBM etc etc in the one inbox. Z30 is awesome - solid build, lovely screen, great speakers and outstanding battery life.

I'm running a leaked version of the BlackBerry 10 OS on it (10.3.1.1154) and it runs any android app I throw at it flawlessly.

I've bought all my devices online. All the Irish stores charge ridiculous prices if they sell them at all. I think I got my Z10 (new)for around €250 on Amazon UK. I picked up the Z30 (new) for €320 on eBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

BB need to do similar to what microsoft have started doing with the lumia and really get their phones out there if they want to try and make any big of a dent in the Irish market, if I was to buy a bb in the morning it would have to be from a UK site as the price there is somewhat decent when on offer.

• Advertisement

glic83 wrote: »
    BB need to do similar to what microsoft have started doing with the lumia and really get their phones out there if they want to try and make any big of a dent in the Irish market, if I was to buy a bb in the morning it would have to be from a UK site as the price there is somewhat decent when on offer.

I agree with you, it's hard to get devices in the stores.
    They made a cheap version called the BlackBerry Z3, but only for Asia (was under 200 euros).
    Now they will make a new version of that one called Z20 but only in Asia I guess.
    Which is stupid because some people want cheaper devices, they maybe don't want android or try something else and then, hm yea BlackBerry need to order online.. nevermind

people want to go to the store and just get/test the device

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BnB

Sorry for re-opening an old(ish) thread but I thought it was the best place to ask this ?

Does anyone know if O2 (Three) have any plans to start offering the Blackberry classic in Ireland ?

I have seen them SIM free online for about £300 sterling - But I am well overdue an upgrade on a business plan from O2 and if I thought there was a chance they would start selling them I would try and hold out.

As a footnote - When I asked the woman from the O2 store who rang me offering me an upgrade, she told me that Blackberrys (like Nokias) have gone out of existance completely

BnB wrote: »
    Sorry for re-opening an old(ish) thread but I thought it was the best place to ask this ?

Does anyone know if O2 (Three) have any plans to start offering the Blackberry classic in Ireland ?

I have seen them SIM free online for about £300 sterling - But I am well overdue an upgrade on a business plan from O2 and if I thought there was a chance they would start selling them I would try and hold out.

As a footnote - When I asked the woman from the O2 store who rang me offering me an upgrade, she told me that Blackberrys (like Nokias) have gone out of existance completely

best is to ask O2 (ask on the board), well BlackBerry isn't "gone out of existence" at all you can try shopblackberry dot com and select uk, I don't know for sure if they deliver in Ireland but you can check.

BlackBerry Slider, dual curved slider (like S6 edge)
    5.1 inch, 1440p screen, 3gb ram, octa-core, 16mp back cam, 5mp front cam, 3650mAh battery

Slider.jpeg?itok=ETcQU7gH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Asmooh wrote: »
    BlackBerry Slider, dual curved slider (like S6 edge)
    5.1 inch, 1440p screen, 3gb ram, octa-core, 16mp back cam, 5mp front cam, 3650mAh battery

Slider.jpeg?itok=ETcQU7gH

Looks interesting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement