Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 no SMS

Options
  • 08-12-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    I have a HKC Quantum 70 self installed in my fathers house, originally I set it up for me to receive text alerts on alarm events, which worked great. On checking the system recently I found this feature not working, as it is imperative, due to my fathers age, to have the panic button on the fob alerting me, I need to get this working asap.
    When I try and send test Text I get "SMS is busy" and the system is not seizing the line (relay not activating), which I can do in test mode (seize phone line) and it can also detect dial tone.
    I have tried defaulting the Digi and re entering Phone numbers
    Text is enable on system
    The phone line is Eircom,
    Caller id enabled,
    SMS is enabled, when I ring 17409900 I hear the BEEP
    My mobile phone is on O2
    I checked line in A/B and line out C/D to handset, all ok
    I also tried Voice alerts with would not work either.
    The system is on firmware V 1.0.19 the latest is over V3 I think, so I wonder could an upgrade sort out this problem, can it be upgraded over the phone, or how would i go about it?
    Any ideas?

Advertisement