If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circa 40" TV

Options
  • 08-12-2014 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

How's it going lads,

I'm possibly going to be in the market for a TV soon enough, so just wondering what you guys had/recommended.

I bought a 37” Philips off you before and I don’t think I could go any smaller than that and they seem to be off the market these days, but I certainly wouldn’t be going any bigger than 42

Couple of things I’m not sure on:

-         Do I need a Smart TV? The telly will be hooked up to a games console so I’ll have the apps like Netflix etc on the. I’m defo not bothered about internet on the telly, so unless I’m missing something completely about Smart TV’s, I’m not sure I need one?

-         Do you do Saorview? I presume not, but I’m not entirely sure I’ll need a Saorview one either as I have UPC.

-         Think the absolute max I’d go to is about 500 yoyo/400 pounds but would prefer something for less if possible.

Cheers again lads!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

How's it going lads,

I'm possibly going to be in the market for a TV soon enough, so just wondering what you guys had/recommended.

I bought a 37” Philips off you before and I don’t think I could go any smaller than that and they seem to be off the market these days, but I certainly wouldn’t be going any bigger than 42

Couple of things I’m not sure on:

-         Do I need a Smart TV? The telly will be hooked up to a games console so I’ll have the apps like Netflix etc on the. I’m defo not bothered about internet on the telly, so unless I’m missing something completely about Smart TV’s, I’m not sure I need one?

-         Do you do Saorview? I presume not, but I’m not entirely sure I’ll need a Saorview one either as I have UPC.

-         Think the absolute max I’d go to is about 500 yoyo/400 pounds but would prefer something for less if possible.

Cheers again lads!
    F5A,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you:

Pretty much all our TV's are Saorview ready .. On the smart issue - its not vital if you are connecting via a smart games console, but the reality is that most TV's are smart by default now.

If it was me I'd try to push the budget a little and go for the Panasonic TX42AS600 which is a really beautiful TV at €579 ( that price includes a 5 year warranty & ROI delivery)

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200445-viera-tx42as600b.aspx

I know it bust the budget, but its a really nice TV :D

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Cheers John, you were up late last night! :P

I think the 42 is probably a wee bit out of the budget just at the minute. I had a look on the website and the 39" version of that TV might suit, but I'll have to check the finances to be sure.

It's been a while since I bought from you, so forgive my ignorance in relation to the next question; is the boards discount still available?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Cheers John, you were up late last night! :P

I think the 42 is probably a wee bit out of the budget just at the minute. I had a look on the website and the 39" version of that TV might suit, but I'll have to check the finances to be sure.

It's been a while since I bought from you, so forgive my ignorance in relation to the next question; is the boards discount still available?
    Hi Frankie5Angels.

If you let us know which product you are after we can see if we can add some boards discount ;)

Although not all products we can do this on. We do try our best to give boardies the best price possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Thanks Kenny. No panic, like I said just a general query as to the state of play as I haven't been over this part of the boards much in the last while :)

I'll be back to you as soon as I know what exactly I'm after!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks Kenny. No panic, like I said just a general query as to the state of play as I haven't been over this part of the boards much in the last while :)

I'll be back to you as soon as I know what exactly I'm after!
    No problem at all Frankie5Angels.

Give us a shout when your ready.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.