Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUP Rapids

Options
  • 08-12-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Slightly off-topic for this forum, but I think kayakers may be able to give some advice.

I'm looking to SUP some rapids, have a SUP for a while but only got out in the sea so far. Can anyone recommend a spot with mainly grade 2s? Looking at a few spots on the liffey which look suitable but most of the weirs after the rapids are quite shallow - I have an iSUP with moulded fins.

Is there any clubs/groups doing this sort of thing? It's getting popular in other countries.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

stevire wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic for this forum, but I think kayakers may be able to give some advice.

I'm looking to SUP some rapids, have a SUP for a while but only got out in the sea so far. Can anyone recommend a spot with mainly grade 2s? Looking at a few spots on the liffey which look suitable but most of the weirs after the rapids are quite shallow - I have an iSUP with moulded fins.

Is there any clubs/groups doing this sort of thing? It's getting popular in other countries.

The Irish white water guide would be a good start. I am afraid I am not too familiar with the Dublin based rivers but the Boyne might be worth a go.

Advertisement