Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine Repair

Options
  • 08-12-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hope someone can advise:-

Washing machine has stopped working. Loads the water, hear the sound for it starting, but then nothing happens.

Who would be good to contact to have a look at it, ideally with low call out charge.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I always found George Conboy to be sound for repairs.

George Conboy Electrical Sales & Services
    Electrical Domestic Appliance Repair

Address: Unit 7a Sandy Road Industrial Estate
    Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Previous threads with some info, particularly if you want to attempt DIY (in which case machine model etc is needed).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

bonzodog2 wrote: »

+ 1 for des kavanagh my family have been using them for over 40 years

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Thanks for all the help.

Des Kavanagh - €70 Call out charge

George Conboy - €50 Call out charge

Saw an ad in Galway Independent for Galway Appliance Repair - No Call out charge.

Arrived Thursday as planned. Motor was the problem, which I could see. Choices were a new one (€120) or a 2nd hand one (€60) with 1 yr guarantee if he could find one.

Phoned an hour later to say he found one. Arrived later to install. Again he showed me the difference between the 2 motors. Then discovered a problem with one of the connectors which he took away to repair. Returned this evening at 7 pm and put everything back together.

Have since done 1 wash and everything seems to be working.

€60 for the motor and €50 for labour (3 visits, total 90 mins approx.) Total €110.

Very happy with level of service and will use Galway Appliance repair again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement