Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This term trivially annoys me. Did you find it in "Grinds my Gears" (the sequel to "Boils my P.iss")? :P

Perhaps its the 'Americanisms that do your head in' thread you should be posting in :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

iDave wrote: »
    Perhaps its the 'Americanisms that do your head in' thread you should be posting in :P

No, I decide what my TA's are, not you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

TTTAY 27 ?

People that are too happy in the mornings...especially Monday mornings, with their laughing.

I am not a morning person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,232 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    TTTAY 27 ?

People that are too happy in the mornings...especially Monday mornings, with their laughing.

And so it begins! :(

Up to my proverbials all weekend, barely had a chance to catch up on the thread, missed all the good jokes... annoying :(

Monday mornings, same as every morning at this stage -

"What we going to do today Brain?"

"Same thing we do every day Pinky - try to take over the world..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Men with rucksacks on their backs and women with handbags hanging on their shoulders on cramped public transport. They have no idea it increases their width and makes it harder to squeeze past you getting off. No that most of them care it seems.

You're right, I personally don't care. My handbag is on my shoulder and that's where it stays. It's not like it takes up a lot of extra room but I would be curious to hear where you think people should put their handbags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Where do you suggest they leave them? A lot of people don't want to leave a bag on the floor in case any sc.umbags decide to help themselves to the content. Not to mention the pox filled slime that coats the floor of most peasant wagons :D

Ha, "peasant wagons"! :D

Annoying me today is a conversation I had at the weekend about charity shops and the fact that I buy books in them and redonate them when I have read them.

"I don't support AIDS charities" said my friend. We live in a small regional town. The local charity shops are the usual, SVP, NCBI ones, no AIDS ones as far as I know.

I looked at him with surprise we weren't talking about AIDS. He went on to say most AIDS sufferers are that way because of their own promiscuity...
    This is someone who calls himself a "good Catholic". A little compassion would go a long way. Talk about derailing the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

You're right, I personally don't care. My handbag is on my shoulder and that's where it stays. It's not like it takes up a lot of extra room but I would be curious to hear where you think people should put their handbags

It takes up a lot of room if the train/bus is packed and its an extra obstacle to navigate. On the ground at your feet or hold it in from of you. Very easy to do, do it myself with the bag I carry my lunchbox in. And yes you should care its common courtesy, sadly not very common it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Saw an example of lovely parenting earlier.

A lady is doing some clothes shopping with a boy of approx 3 acoompanying her in a buggy. He is obviously bored and keeps asking her can he get out of the pram. This doesn't appear to suit her so instead she hands him her Iphone to play a game on and declares 'Shut up and play that and if you drop the phone I'm bringing you straight to the bleedin Garda station, righ'

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Ha, "peasant wagons"! :D

Annoying me today is a conversation I had at the weekend about charity shops and the fact that I buy books in them and redonate them when I have read them.

"I don't support AIDS charities" said my friend. We live in a small regional town. The local charity shops are the usual, SVP, NCBI ones, no AIDS ones as far as I know.

I looked at him with surprise we weren't talking about AIDS. He went on to say most AIDS sufferers are that way because of their own promiscuity...
    This is someone who calls himself a "good Catholic". A little compassion would go a long way. Talk about derailing the conversation.

My first thought was "there's a fella needs a good kick up the hole", but then I find attention seekers like him are best starved of the attention they crave.

It takes up a lot of room if the train/bus is packed and its an extra obstacle to navigate. On the ground at your feet or hold it in from of you. Very easy to do, do it myself with the bag I carry my lunchbox in. And yes you should care its common courtesy, sadly not very common it seems.

You want someone to place (in some cases a very expensive bag) their bag on the floor of a LUAS, where people walk with all sorts of crap on the soles of their shoes, where it could very well be stolen? A bag in front of you takes up the same place as bag behind you, no?

• Advertisement

There would be no way in hell I'd leave my personal belongings on the floor of a shame train (luas red line). My phones in it, my iPad is in it, and my makeup/makeup brushes are in it, as well as my wallet. I'd first of all be paranoid my bag would trip someone up, second of all, ew, third of all, if someone accidentally stood on my bag, and fourth of all - if it's so packed that a handbag on someone's shoulder is making it difficult to navigate, then maybe that carriage is already overcrowded and can't hold any more people.

TTTAY 27 ?

Did you have a good weekend? Do anything nice? All set for the Christmas? Get up to much at the weekend? Very cold out there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Common courtesy me hole. If I ever find my self on that Luas thing or similar with a load of oiks one of 'em will get a flake of my hideously expensive laptop case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The handbag I take to work is a satchel with a relatively long shoulder strap, and I generally just swing it around to the front on public transport if I'm standing. Even in spite of that, I've been told by a snotty middle aged oul bag on the tube before that my shoulders take up too much room for someone my size...

The handbag I take to work is a satchel with a relatively long shoulder strap, and I generally just swing it around to the front on public transport if I'm standing. Even in spite of that, I've been told by a snotty middle aged oul bag on the tube before that my shoulders take up too much room for someone my size...

Tell her she takes up a share of room herself, for what is essentially an air-fouling device. :pac:

Ewwww you eat food off the floor! :D

My first thought was "there's a fella needs a good kick up the hole", but then I find attention seekers like him are best starved of the attention they crave.

He went on to say that it was wrong to blame the Catholic Church for not helping to stem the AIDS epidemic in Africa- the Church's line: "Artificial contraception does not help to prevent AIDS" .

I said "You are assuming that everyone in Africa is a practicing Catholic", and promptly changed the subject, back to books. :D

I'm still waiting for confirmation of my good news.

Did you have a good weekend? Do anything nice? All set for the Christmas? Get up to much at the weekend? Very cold out there today.

Had a row with Mrs E, we are married for a lot of years, but I think she just stays out of spite!. I bought some fish and a big bag of dog food, and cleaned dog sh1t off the patio, and one of the dogs While eye balling me) took another crap.....as if to say "here, you can pick that up while you have the shovel handy":mad:

You?

Usually heard in the office toilets, when you're trying to poo in peace. :mad:

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting for confirmation of my good news.

Em, you are not, you know....;)

Any cravings?:D

jimgoose wrote: »
    Common courtesy me hole. If I ever find my self on that Luas thing or similar with a load of oiks one of 'em will get a flake of my hideously expensive laptop case.

Too bloody right! It's not paranoia either Dave; I was waiting on a peasant wagon at George's Quay at 6am one morning when I was relieved of my phone by an early morning thief.

I clobbered one of his friends with my rucksack, the one containing my laptop, didn't care if I'd smashed it as long as it did him more damage. Turns out a quality rucksack is worth the investment, still no way in hell I'd be leaving it on the floor on public transport though! :pac:

"so does your mouth"

bluewolf wrote: »
    "so does your mouth"

Oh yeah? Well... well... your SISTER!! Something-or-other!! :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    Oh yeah? Well... well... your SISTER!! Something-or-other!! :pac:
    "Yore maaaaaaaaaa"!

Had a row with Mrs E, we are married for a lot of years, but I think she just stays out of spite!. I bought some fish and a big bag of dog food, and cleaned dog sh1t off the patio, and one of the dogs While eye balling me) took another crap.....as if to say "here, you can pick that up while you have the shovel handy":mad:

You?

Spent most of it learning Irish - God Damn the official languages act. We'll have to empty our bowels as gaeilge next. Also cleaned up the cr.ap of twelve cr.apping cats. I had PMT aswell so pretty much spent all of yesterday crying. Decided, after a lot of soul searching, to dump the OH because she wouldn't come for a walk with me in the forest while the wind and rain beat the country to a pulp. I robbed a bottle of chardonnay from my Dad's wine collection and was p.issed on that by 6pm. Then I went through my OH's phone and sent an abusive message to her ex. Then I cleaned some more cr.ap. I cried over that cr.ap. I sat in front of the Christmas tree and cried because my OH didn't go for a walk with me. Then I cried when Ben won the XFactor even though I only started watching it last night. I cried because I drank too much coke and had a sugar rush and couldn't sleep. This morning I was still angry with my OH for not walking with me, and was p.issed that I hadn't been abducted and buried in the bog to show her what happens when you don't go! I cried a little bit when I saw that there was more cr.ap to clean this morning.

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman....

"Strange, that's what your husband always says"

...Sometimes it's hard to be a woman....

Damn straight. That lot sounds absolutely exhausting! :pac:

I'm going to finish my Christmas shopping today, as today is pretty much my last day off. Under too much pressure. Big event on Saturday that's making me so nervous I get a red rash

• Advertisement

You know things must be really bad when you hanker for the weather talk that has been replaced by Christmas talk. SHUT THE **** UP. Someone in work has just given me the full run down on what they will be eating on Christmas Day. 'No wonder you are so fat' I say to myself. 'That sounds delicious' I say to her. For anyone who cares, she'll be tucking into her homemade pigs in blankets in the period between breakfast and lunch, along with a 'cheeky cocktail'. I can also provide said pigs in blanket recipe and in case you care, her favourite 'cheeky cocktail' is a cosmo because she likes Sex in the City. KILL ME NOW

I don't get how at Christmas people can eat so much more. Like, if you had breakfast, how can you eat before dinner, and if you have dinner surely it's a regular sized dinner - how can someone physically eat a dinner you could climb, then be hungry enough to eat sandwiches a few hours later.

I get people gain weight because they eat worse foods/drink a lot more but it's always annoyed me wondering how they can eat so much more.

I'm spending Christmas day with many bottles of wine and a selection box on my own. And I can't wait.

Vel wrote: »
    You know things must be really bad when you hanker for the weather talk that has been replaced by Christmas talk. SHUT THE **** UP. Someone in work has just given me the full run down on what they will be eating on Christmas Day. 'No wonder you are so fat' I say to myself. 'That sounds delicious' I say to her. For anyone who cares, she'll be tucking into her homemade pigs in blankets in the period between breakfast and lunch, along with a 'cheeky cocktail'. I can also provide said pigs in blanket recipe and in case you care, her favourite 'cheeky cocktail' is a cosmo because she likes Sex in the City. KILL ME NOW

Ugh. I got that this morning from someone. Usual tool who only asks me how my weekend was so he can tell me how his was. So naturally he asked if I was all set for Christmas just so he could give me a running f.ucking commentary on his. He has "the cheaper" stuff to get today. He "already has the expensive stuff - you know, laptops, ipads etc" - I'm looking at him thinking, I actually don't give a f.uck if you want to spend all your money on your kids and boast about it to someone else. If they drank from your gene pool I guess no amount of expensive presents will make them feel good about how they look, you toothless, red-faced f.ucker. Oh and you know who doesn't parp on about money and "expensive stuff" all the time? That's right - someone who is used to it!

I don't get how at Christmas people can eat so much more. Like, if you had breakfast, how can you eat before dinner, and if you have dinner surely it's a regular sized dinner - how can someone physically eat a dinner you could climb, then be hungry enough to eat sandwiches a few hours later.

I get people gain weight because they eat worse foods/drink a lot more but it's always annoyed me wondering how they can eat so much more.

I'm spending Christmas day with many bottles of wine and a selection box on my own. And I can't wait.

That sounds perfect.

That sounds perfect.

It will be. I've told my brother I'm going to my OHs parents. I've told the oh me and my brother are going to my cousins. Win win. Me and my two main men (my dogs) will pan out in front of the fire. I might cook a chicken for them on Xmas eve.

Vel wrote: »

Her arse will look like two pigs fighting UNDER a blanket.......:D

• Advertisement

Her arse will look like two pigs fighting UNDER a blanket.......:D

She's a real woman you know :rolleyes:

Ugh. I got that this morning from someone. Usual tool who only asks me how my weekend was so he can tell me how his was. So naturally he asked if I was all set for Christmas just so he could give me a running f.ucking commentary on his. He has "the cheaper" stuff to get today. He "already has the expensive stuff - you know, laptops, ipads etc" - I'm looking at him thinking, I actually don't give a f.uck if you want to spend all your money on your kids and boast about it to someone else. If they drank from your gene pool I guess no amount of expensive presents will make them feel good about how they look, you toothless, red-faced f.ucker. Oh and you know who doesn't parp on about money and "expensive stuff" all the time? That's right - someone who is used to it!

I'll be so fookin delighted when Christmas is over so I dont have to listen to these Gee Bags and their shopping/eating habits.

People who tell you how much your gift cost. That couple that are going riding in my favourite hotel room got me a present so obviously I've to get one back, and I'm like oh I'll drop it over Xmas Eve and he's like hope you didn't spend a lot because yours only cost xxx

What the hell?! Who does that!

Jake1 wrote: »
    I'll be so fookin delighted when Christmas is over so I dont have to listen to these Gee Bags and their shopping/eating habits.

We'll have to endure those ten or so days of "did you do anything nice for the Christmas?" / "oh better hit the gym" / "did you enjoy the break?" / "did Santy come?" (to which I already have an answer that will shut their pie holes - he did by the time I was finished with him! :pac:

People who tell you how much your gift cost. That couple that are going riding in my favourite hotel room got me a present so obviously I've to get one back, and I'm like oh I'll drop it over Xmas Eve and he's like hope you didn't spend a lot because yours only cost xxx

What the hell?! Who does that!

My mum does something similar. She always gets a bottle of wine from a neighbour she doesn't like, so always feels she has to go out of her way to get a present for the neighbour that has to cost more than the wine that she got.

• Advertisement

We'll have to endure those ten or so days of "did you do anything nice for the Christmas?" / "oh better hit the gym" / "did you enjoy the break?" / "did Santy come?" (to which I already have an answer that will shut their pie holes - he did by the time I was finished with him! :pac:

ha ha! "Made any new year resolutions?"

"Yes, to stop all this small talk crap once and for all." (takes out gun*)

*wishful thinking

Someone asked my oh that once when we were in college.

"He did, all over the living room the ðirty bastard".

I can never keep a straight face since if someone mentions santa coming

And you know how us red blooded males love a "curvy" woman.....that's a crock o'**** and all.

Now, where is me 30" waist jeans.......:D

Well she's going to be 'bold' and 'break the diet for the Chirstmas period'.

'It won't only be the diet you'll be breaking if you eat that much food on Christmas Day love. Your husband will need to get to work reinforcing the bed, sofa and any chairs you might sit on before Christmas' I say to myself.

'Sure you might as well treat yourself seeing as you've been so good all year' I say to her, while clocking that she looks bigger than ever before despite constantly talking about low fat spreads, syns, rice cakes and her nightly habit of hefting herself round the block for a walk to burn some calories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

When you start to fancy someone you've never met simply by the way they put words on the internet. :mad::eek::pac::o:cool:

Schwiiing wrote: »
    When you start to fancy someone you've never met simply by the way they put words on the internet. :mad::eek::pac::o:cool:

who is it, who is it??? who ye fancy??
    spill dem beans !!!

DIE ALL OF YOU!! Another total gonk in work has just asked me if I have bought new sets of pyjamas for myself and the kids to wear on Christmas Eve. I know this is a 'thing' for some people but why on earth would a grown man be even interested in knowing the answer to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,077 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Do those girls in the videos know they is a guy hiding behind the curtain just behind them?

Careful! Sometimes people have a way with words to make up for shortcomings in other areas! :P

Give us a clue, male or female?:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement