Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Practically having to beg the secretary for an appointment with my GP after explaining I was rear ended on Thursday.
    "You can go to the clinic, there's 3 doctors on" - oh yeah, sitting waiting for an indefinite time (usually no less than an hour) sounds fúcking ideal in my condition.
    This fúcking country!!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

The timing belt needs to be done on my car, going to cost between €300 and €400. Skint, so I am, that's annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Practically having to beg the secretary for an appointment with my GP after explaining I was rear ended on Thursday.
    "You can go to the clinic, there's 3 doctors on" - oh yeah, sitting waiting for an indefinite time (usually no less than an hour) sounds fúcking ideal in my condition.
    This fúcking country!!

Sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you feel in some way better soon. The idiot who rear ended you should be made pay your medical bills. As for doctors you can never get a proper appointment when you need it, I am sick of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

26sdrawkscab how annoying. My surgery is the same :( it's a bit much to expect you to sit for hours with a sore back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

My doctor is lovely, but I could write a thread about one of the receptionists!

Everything is a big deal, I think I told this before but here goes...
    I went in one day to ask for a prescription that the doctor had left at the desk for me. The receptionist started her usual, BIG SEARCH...she passes papers from hand to hand, making it look like a big deal, while you know well she has the blasted thing there, all the time.

The doctor came by, greeted me by name, and picked up the script and handed it to me. It was clearly visible to the receptionist all the time.

It's not just me, she is always slamming the phone down at people and demanding their personal details, at the desk, at the top of her voice BECAUSE SHE CAN.

Thankfully the others working there are lovely.

• Advertisement

LynnGrace funnily enough one the receptionist in my surgery is the same as the lady in yours.
    She's so rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

LynnGrace wrote: »
    My doctor is lovely, but I could write a thread about one of the receptionists!

Everything is a big deal, I think I told this before but here goes...
    I went in one day to ask for a prescription that the doctor had left at the desk for me. The receptionist started her usual, BIG SEARCH...she passes papers from hand to hand, making it look like a big deal, while you know well she has the blasted thing there, all the time.

The doctor came by, greeted me by name, and picked up the script and handed it to me. It was clearly visible to the receptionist all the time.

It's not just me, she is always slamming the phone down at people and demanding their personal details, at the desk, at the top of her voice BECAUSE SHE CAN.

Thankfully the others working there are lovely.

Actually the receptionist in our doctors surgery is the problem as well, she is like a guard dog, you just can't get anything past her. The only thing is she keeps everything private.

We had to change our doctor a few years ago because the doctor couldn't control his secretary, she used to discuss peoples problems with other patients. I left after something which I wanted to keep private was discussed with a family member. It was more then trivially annoying at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

TA by a little cut on the inside of my lower lip which I can't help poking with my tongue and making it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Because your name was jimgoose and your wife was ok about the situation because she got your fancy car. Eisy was the only one that was sad. :/ I was sad too but I pretended I didn't know you because I didn't want people to know I was on boards!

I wonder what a shrink would make of this? Why was I sad?

iDave wrote: »
    Dogs and their owners

What did we do now?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA by a little cut on the inside of my lower lip which I can't help poking with my tongue and making it worse.

*Caution*

Under no circumstances get a bag of salt and vinegar crisps until fully healed.

You have been warned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

whiskeyman wrote: »
    *Caution*

Under no circumstances get a bag of salt and vinegar crisps until fully healed.

You have been warned!

Oooh good shout, and just an hour before lunchtime too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

loud eaters.... grrrr

I'm eating toast and just got really self conscious reading that :p .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »

I assume because I was dead in the furkan pool! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Can we bring in these road signs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Ah poo. Just saw the downstairs flat advertised online. TA'd that we soon won't have the building to ourselves anymore. I hope they're more useful than the last guy. He moved out without saying anything about a really bad leak coming from our flat. If it hadn't leaked down to the shop underneath their flat we wouldn't have known a thing and we would most likely have gone through the fcuckin floor because of the rotting floorboards. I don't want a stalker neighbour either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

because you were doing your Leaving Cert again, nothing to do with the dismembered body in the pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

TA, had a back tooth out last week, still in pain. Back to dentist today

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    because you were doing your Leaving Cert again, nothing to do with the dismembered body in the pool

Again? No leaving cert for this kid, I was too busy working, since I was fifteen. I don't have an exam to my name.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

the species on the north side, good lord

• Advertisement

It's a big place, a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

From an outsiders perspective, I'll take the north side any day of the week. The bad element on the south side is worse from experience.

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    From an outsiders perspective, I'll take the north side any day of the week. The bad element on the south side is worse from experience.

Yes, but at least the south side muggers will say 'please' and 'thank you'.

It's a big place, a lot of people.

I have a course on the northside today, inner city. It's horrible. Flats with Christmas trees still up and sheets covering the windows, dirty yokes wandering around, like zombies. You'd stick out by not wearing tracksuits tbh. Obviously the entire northside isn't like that but where I am is like a different planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I've eaten 7 creme eggs since Thursday and they're driving my eczema on my hands bananas. They're just so tasty and wonderful, I can't help myself.

(I haven't put on any weight though so that's good)

Lexie no girls in pj's ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

My laptop is currently suffering the Blue Screen of Death :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Crumpets wrote: »
    My laptop is currently suffering the Blue Screen of Death :(
    Is it random, or when you do something in particular?
    Has anything changed recently on it, updates or installed anything new?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Gas bottles that feel heavy and half full but are in fact empty. Thought it was frozen pipes but fear not... I have E4 and change in the world until the weekend and had prepared pink grapefruit for a large batch of marmalade.. now simmering to cook the peel atop the range.... thankful for the microwave too...

• Advertisement

I've eaten 7 creme eggs since Thursday and they're driving my eczema on my hands bananas. They're just so tasty and wonderful, I can't help myself.

(I haven't put on any weight though so that's good)

Not going near them until they go on very cheap offer and nearer Easter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is it random, or when you do something in particular?
    Has anything changed recently on it, updates or installed anything new?

It was grand til I connected to the wifi in my new place. Won't even turn on now, just straight to the blue screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

MsBubbles wrote: »
    26sdrawkscab how annoying. My surgery is the same :( it's a bit much to expect you to sit for hours with a sore back

I ended up in A & E late last year with pnemonia. I spent the first night there on a trolley in the A & E Department while they tried to sort a bed for me. I have never been so sick, the pain in my chest and side was so bad I could barely move and when I did I was crying out in pain. And yet, I was put under immense pressure to move to some kind of holding lounge where they wanted me to sit in a CHAIR for up to 4 hours:rolleyes: Even lying down was a chore but to expect someone suffering with severe pneumonia to sit in a chair is disgraceful.

Short story: the HSE

Vel that's horrendous

Crumpets wrote: »
    It was grand til I connected to the wifi in my new place. Won't even turn on now, just straight to the blue screen.
    Is there a WiFi switch on the laptop, if there is try turning that off to see if the machine boots up that way.
    Otherwise you'll have to try to boot in Safe Mode. Delending on your machine, you hold down one of the F buttons while the laptop is starting.

This fúcking country!!

No i the GPs not pulling their weight. and is why A and E is in such trouble. Read the thread on health science that GP do not even do simple stitches because they dont know how. I have come to the conclusion that all they do is refer on and write prescriptions, grumble re being called out even when they are being heftily paid for night emergency duty and demand that elderly patient attends surgery in bad weather just so they can charge extra before issuing a repeat scrip,, try complaining and they drop you off their list and then no one wants you,:rolleyes: HSE allocate and they refuse.. I have five medical cards here now. Rant over! Go to A and E!

MOD: User banned for ignoring mod instruction to stop posting in this thread.

• Advertisement

Zanablue wrote: »
    Actually the receptionist in our doctors surgery is the problem as well, she is like a guard dog, you just can't get anything past her. The only thing is she keeps everything private.

We had to change our doctor a few years ago because the doctor couldn't control his secretary, she used to discuss peoples problems with other patients. I left after something which I wanted to keep private was discussed with a family member. It was more then trivially annoying at the time.

The dragons! Where do they train these women! Last year one countermanded the medical instructions of the dr to my detriment.

More than TA that I have constant Tinnitus in my ear today. Enough already!

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Waiting 3 hours for a text with my new car registration number so I can change insurance for tomorrow morning. Just a TA, as the excitement was building because it arrived a month early but as time drags on now I just wish they'd text. I keep checking the phone every few minutes in case I missed the alert and can't concentrate on chores in the meantime.

Another TA is the abysmal mobile phone coverage for a radius of 2 miles around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Waiting 3 hours for a text with my new car registration number so I can change insurance for tomorrow morning. Just a TA, as the excitement was building because it arrived a month early but as time drags on now I just wish they'd text. I keep checking the phone every few minutes in case I missed the alert and can't concentrate on chores in the meantime.

Another TA is the abysmal mobile phone coverage for a radius of 2 miles around the house.
    I thought this the reg would only take a few minutes to do Jaxen Curved Shaver? If you had a spare 1000e you could have booked a number..Huge TA in our house that the cost jumped from 350 to 1000e to order a number..its robbery:mad:
    Happy motoring and keep her between the ditches :)

Colser wrote: »
    I thought this the reg would only take a few minutes to do Srameen? If you had a spare 1000e you could have booked a number..Huge TA in our house that the cost jumped from 350 to 1000e to order a number..its robbery:mad:
    Happy motoring and keep her between the ditches :)

I thought so too and it was very swift any other time. Hence the anxiety and TA at this stage. I'll give it another half hour and maybe give them a call but I know people are busy and it can be a TA to them if they are badgered about something they may be working on.

• Advertisement

Aaaah!!! Turns out it's the first of a new engine and the motor tax office will take at least 24 hours to process - it would be me! - so now it will probably be Wednesday or even Thursday. Had they said Thursday this morning I would have been chuffed but building me up like that! TA indeed.

Congratulations on the new car Srameen. I'm annoyed for you it's taking longer than expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The young one threw her hardback A3 sketch pad into my shopping bag, and now my naan breads are in pieces :(

TA that Srameen has a new car and I am stuck in my old one. Its just not fair.

73Cat she's done you a favour, bite size naan bread pieces.

TA that the ankle that I broke is still so swollen I can't get proper knee high boots to fit me, that will zip up over the ankle. I went up a size, my left leg floating around in it, and the zip barely would go over my ankle.

TA that Srameen has a new car and I am stuck in my old one. Its just not fair.

You just knuckle down and work hard and someday the dream lifestyle may be yours too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Aaaah!!! Turns out it's the first of a new engine and the motor tax office will take at least 24 hours to process - it would be me! - so now it will probably be Wednesday or even Thursday. Had they said Thursday this morning I would have been chuffed but building me up like that! TA indeed.
    Its an Ecar isnt it Jaxen Curved Shaver?Tell me Im right:D Im guessing its metallic grey...and Im hugely TA that you have to wait,you must be itching to get it.

Colser wrote: »
    Its an Ecar isnt it Srameen?Tell me Im right:D Im guessing its metallic grey...and Im hugely TA that you have to wait,you must be itching to get it.

Not a hope. I drove an electric car for a few weeks about four years ago and suffered from the dreaded range anxiety.

Insignia 2 litre diesel I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

all this 50 shades of sh1te hype.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement