Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

All of the casual racism and bigotry floating around on social media since the Charlie Hebdo incident is pissing me off. It'd be really great if people just grew the frick up and realised that all it does is encourage people to join the nut job jihadists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Can we bring in these road signs ?

£100 fine for using the outside lanes in U.K (afik) but you wouldn't think so by the amount of yellow reg plates that use outside lanes here, or do they come over here to cut loose, Should bring it in over here too, a great revenue maker and lorries/hgv's could be fined double for continuous driving in centre and treble for being in third lane, :mad: doing 80kmh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Being soo pissed off....wanting to go drinking since 9 am :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Ad on radio for SSE Airtricity. Yer wan calls out the phone number. 40 40 80
    "Fordy Fordy Aidy"

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

People who never shut up during a lecture. If I'm gonna pay the guts of 9 grand for a course, i'd like to do it in a peaceful quiet environment.

Also that particular brand of mature student who asks silly questions every lecture and tutorial without reading the notes properly. There is always one!! For the record, i'm not judging all mature students, as i know they are only a minority and I'm one of the grumpy ones:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

TA....the grass is growing like wildfire again! Hate having to mow it. Such a pain in the Aras.

Anyway, the weeds won't be long now too. Feckers.

I need to get the garden low maintenance. But it's big. 90ft long. Feck.

Anyone any ideas?

(move house I suppose, but I love it here!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

TA....the grass is growing like wildfire again! Hate having to mow it. Such a pain in the Aras.

Anyone any ideas?

Sheep's!!!

Also you can get slower growing grass varieties...but u will need to reseed for thar

Sheep's!!!

Also you can get slower growing grass varieties...but u will need to reseed for thar

OK, you are welcome to come over and dig it up and re seed it for me!

Sounds like a big job.

I would pay someone to do it, but haven't a clue where to start looking for a reliable grass cutter!

It's not that I am incapable or anything, just takes up too much of my valuable time! Mind you, when the grass is cut and edged and all the rest of it, it does look good.....

But I don't :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

OK, you are welcome to come over and dig it up and re seed it for me!

Sounds like a big job.

I would pay someone to do it, but haven't a clue where to start looking for a reliable grass cutter!

It's not that I am incapable or anything, just takes up too much of my valuable time! Mind you, when the grass is cut and edged and all the rest of it, it does look good.....

But I don't :P

You must have a teenage boy neighbour who would be happy with a tenner every couple of weeks for a bit of mowing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Anyone any ideas?

A piddling 90ft? My lawn alone 120x180. I'll swap you.
    The weeds grew all winter - as they will.
    Grass shouldn't be growing until a succession of days with the ground temp above 6 degrees?
    Where are you? Florida? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Being soo pissed off....wanting to go drinking since 9 am :/

Know the feeling, tis feckin Groundhog Day around here, uggghhhhh:(

You must have a teenage boy neighbour who would be happy with a tenner every couple of weeks for a bit of mowing?

Need to get his head out of facebook and Xbox stuff first. I wouldn't win that one for a tenner.

A piddling 90ft? My lawn alone 120x180. I'll swap you.
    The weeds grew all winter - as they will.
    Grass shouldn't be growing until a succession of days with the ground temp above 6 degrees?
    Where are you? Florida? ;)

Here you! don't be getting all technical on me.....

The grass is a growing. It's higher now than before Christmas.

This is the start of the day of the feckin Triffids I'm telling ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

When you see a Union flag on an internet page or a receptionists name tag to denote they speak English.

British is not a language, English is. So very trivial yet so very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

But what flag would you use, the red X? (Georges cross) would anyone know what it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Madonna. She's on the Grammys there now.
    Mutton.
    Cover up and go home woman.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Madonna. She's on the Grammys there now.
    Mutton.
    Cover up and go home woman.

Apart from her choice of clothing (nah, awful), she is looking great for 55 or thereabouts. Be honest now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Apart from her choice of clothing (nah, awful), she is looking great for 55 or thereabouts. Be honest now.

Are you joking?

The next person who tells me "you need to get rid of those bikes now" is going to get a broken nose. No questions asked, no pause, just a broken nose, and they won't fúcking say it again then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

My stupid car!!!!!!!!!!

starting a weeks holiday on Friday. all intentions of going to cork, newgrange, doing different things.

stupid car decides it doesn't like oil any more and is spilling it out all over the place :(:(:(

• Advertisement

The next person who tells me "you need to get rid of those bikes now" is going to get a broken nose. No questions asked, no pause, just a broken nose, and they won't fúcking say it again then.

Once they are in the blood that's it! I'd like to see someone tell the OH that:)

73Cat wrote: »
    Once they are in the blood that's it! I'd like to see someone tell the OH that:)

It's so frustrating :mad:

Are you joking?

Ah come on. The woman is in her late fifties, and looks good for her vintage IMO.

Her dress sense is shyte though. Narcissistic ego head that these people are. Just look at the "style disasters" of others at the BAFTAs. They can't help themselves.

Seems to be a competition for the WORST dressed now...... to get more attention. Looking good in a frock? So passe, but looking dreadful, making a show of yourself, publicity heaven!. Mwah.

deise08 wrote: »
    My stupid car!!!!!!!!!!

starting a weeks holiday on Friday. all intentions of going to cork, newgrange, doing different things.

stupid car decides it doesn't like oil any more and is spilling it out all over the place :(:(:(

Ah sorry to hear that. But it's only Monday, it will be sorted with €€€€€s by Friday though!

Now Newgrange... there's a place I must go see soon. Thanks for reminding me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My OH and his hard on for saving. I'm super busy lately with appointments in the evening, word spreads like wild fire and you don't feel it til you actually can't do anymore, which is handy money. For instance, for three hours work I made 60 euro this evening. I'm thinking, you know now I won't feel bad buying new shoes. Or, that skirt and top I saw in town today, Grannnnd. But no. "You should save that. You won't miss it". Eh, yes I will. I'll miss it a lot. I save 1/3 of my wages. That's plenty. It's a rainy day, not a ****ing tsunami.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

efb wrote: »
    TA, had a back tooth out last week, still in pain. Back to dentist today

infection, that dentist has taken all my money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Morning TTTAYers.

TITTIEEES!!!

GRR. My dope of an OH obviously left the doors open downstairs when he went to bed, so since sometime in the middle of the night my dog was lying outside my bedroom door with a squeaky toy. All night long. Squeek squeek

26sdc right back at ya ! Poor you Lexie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA: for a while, the 'Trivial Thing that make you happy' thread was above this thread!

I'll only allow that at the weekends, but during the week this thread must rule the roost!

whiskeyman woo hoo ! an excuse to post more. TA for today my gel overlay broke on my middle finger on my left hand and my nail appointment isn't until sat.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    whiskeyman woo hoo ! an excuse to post more. TA for today my gel overlay broke on my middle finger on my left hand and my nail appointment isn't until sat.

Were you 'flipping the bird' too much MsB?

:pac:

Lol. nope whiskey too much posting here, I'm a divil for thumping the keys as I type

When other people make you feel paranoid about looking vulgar. I ran into a friend yesterday evening. He's been texting me since about driving me to the dr/hospital. And first thing this morning telling me to make an appointment. And now I feel like I'm wrote off.

http://tinypic.com/r/2w6aptu/8
    http://tinypic.com/r/2hnb04k/8

TITTIEEES!!!

Woo Hooo!

(where?)

I just put the microwave on for porridge, and when I opened it I hadn't put it in. I'd say my face was priceless! There's two minutes of my life I'll never get back :(

I just put the microwave on for porridge, and when I opened it I hadn't put it in. I'd say my face was priceless! There's two minutes of my life I'll never get back :(

I always thought if you turned on the microwave with nothing in it, serious consequences would ensue!!

:eek:

poor 73Cat, is your 'Mom' brain frazzled ? A friend's 10 yr old thinks this is hilarious

• Advertisement

I thought a gel overlay was something to do with your teeth for some reason so I was thinking wtf is she getting her nails done for, get your teeth fixed! :P
    whiskeyman wrote: »
    I always thought if you turned on the microwave with nothing in it, serious consequences would ensue!!

:eek:

That's an Irish mammy tale :pac:

whiskeyman, the only serious consequence was I was going to kill whoever took my porridge. Then I remembered I'm on my own :)

MsBubbles, yes, frazzled may as well be my middle name at this stage. Glad it amused someone though :)

That's an Irish mammy tale :pac:

It depends on the age of the microwave.

Here is the science bit.
    Older microwaves use magnetron tubes in a glass envelope. If there is nothing in the oven the microwaves would hit this glass eventually causing it to fail which would stop the magnetron tubes emitting microwaves.
    Nowadays the magentron tubes are encased in ceramic. This is much more durable but still, if you leave your modern microwave on for over 90 minutes you can expect it to fail.

Now, did someone mention boobs?

whiskeyman, the only serious consequence was I was going to kill whoever took my porridge.

reminded me of this!

26sdk Are you thinking of veneers ? They are overlays for your teeth.
    I'm due a visit to the dentist though. TA that I'm so scared of the dentist I shake from head to toe

26sdk Are you thinking of veneers ? They are overlays for your teeth.
    I'm due a visit to the dentist though. TA that I'm so scared of the dentist I shake from head to toe

You need to go to my dentist. He treats me like a 6 year old and has all these techniques for distracting me from the nasty stuff that he is doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Perfect conditions, no congestions, no mechanical problems or signal faults and my DART is still 10 mins late.

Trigger Happy I told the last dentist I went to I was very nervous. I sat in the chair gripping the dental nurses hand so tight I nearly cut off her blood supply. I feel sick and am about to cry at the mere thought of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I can't finish my book. Not just yet. It had me bawling my eyes out last night, my OH had to cuddle me for ages. I actually have it hiddden under my bed. There are still 4 chapters left! It's The Book Thief by Markus Zusack. I knew it was going to be sad, but oh my God... :'( . I can't face the ending just yet. Maybe later. I suppose I'm TA'd with brilliant writers that make you fall in love with their characters and then break your heart when they go through awful pain. It's like being slapped in the face with humanity.

When there's that one person you never quite got over, and when you go for your annual stalk on facebook, you find out stuff you never wanted to know. I have no idea why I do it to myself. Or why it makes me so sad, because we've both moved on. But it's ****.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I can't finish my book. Not just yet. It had me bawling my eyes out last night, my OH had to cuddle me for ages. I actually have it hiddden under my bed. There are still 4 chapters left! It's The Book Thief by Markus Zusack. I knew it was going to be sad, but oh my God... :'( . I can't face the ending just yet. Maybe later. I suppose I'm TA'd with brilliant writers that make you fall in love with their characters and then break your heart when they go through awful pain. It's like being slapped in the face with humanity.

I'm having trouble with a book at the moment as well, it's called Infinite Jest, my problem is that I can't find time to sit down and get stuck into it. I've read it a few times already but such an amazing book it deserves to be re-read every few years.

My TA this morning, well more of a rage. Mrs Bap leaves the house with the kids. I sit down and polish off my brekkie. Go to get the car keys and they are not where they should be. I get it in my head that Mrs. Bap used my car the night previous and that she must have my keys. Ring her but of course her phone is dead. Have a little rummage around for the keys while giving herself a chance to drop off the kids and to get into her job. All this time, my blood boiling, rage growing, ready to murder someone.

Then I remember that I put them in my man bag yesterday after I got out of the car because I jumped straight into a game of football with the kids on the street.

Rage gone. I'm a idiot.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement